PG Music Home
Posted By: damjan Amandas Dream - 10/14/16 03:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9vhk5WMrfU

My composition programed in guitar pro.
I have a plan to record it and play all that instruments, but that request little more practice for my playing, so i want to be sure is it worth.

For composing iv use only guitar pro 5 app and on the end just convert midi to mp3 to get more realistic sound, but guitar and violins are still "robotic"

Instruments in composition: piano, violin, drums, bass guitar, electric and acoustic guitar.

genre: classical metal (im try to combine classical and metal, acoustic and electric instruments)
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Amandas Dream - 10/15/16 10:44 AM
This is actually cool. Before I heard about BIAB, I did a lot of stuff in Guitar Pro, and love it as a tool.

In my humble opinion, there is nothing in the world wrong with using Guitar Pro get additional drums sounds, or synths. The drum sounds can be awesome and super techno if you slather them with heavy reverb.

When I am doing house music or heavy metal I often stack heavily reverbed GP drums with RT drums.

Nice work with this.

By the way, are you doing anything with BIAB yet? Have not had a chance to go through your other posts. Am searching now...
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Amandas Dream - 10/21/16 10:32 PM
Hi Damjam, always a pleasure listening to your music! - Love the progression in this too. Nicely done! smile
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Amandas Dream - 10/25/16 05:01 PM
This is very interesting music!! I think it's well worth doing a more elaborate version. Looking forward to it! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Amandas Dream - 10/25/16 11:49 PM
Damjan,

I really enjoyed this - there`s a sense of building drama ...rise and fall as the dream title suggests- and then the heavy drums kick in!
It reminds me of the rock-opera`s of bygone days.
To these ears its definitely worth spending time recording the more hands on version you have in mind.

Robert
© PG Music Forums