PG Music Home
Posted By: airtcon-161 THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/15/16 12:42 AM
Hello everyone,

It's been some time since I have been on this forum. I used to post music written by myself and my friend Marinus Vandertogt. Sadly Marinus passed away a few months ago and I haven't done any recording for well over a year. This was the very first song we wrote together and although I did sing a version of it and posted it here we always wanted a female to sing it. The version here is redone and sung by my friend Nancy Ryan. I regret Marinus never had a chance to hear this version and I post it as a tribute to him. All tracks are Band In A Box with the exception of the Bass played by Nancy. I hope you enjoy listening as much as we did recording it. I miss his knowledge and skill but mostly his friendship. Link:

https://soundcloud.com/user-762904210/beautiful-tennessee-waltz

Nelson
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/15/16 03:39 AM
A very special performance here.

The backing works really well, with builds in all the right places. Very sensitively put together.

Nancy's voice is outstanding. Really outstanding.

Marinus would be very proud indeed.
Posted By: animarorecords Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/15/16 05:13 AM
Hello, Nelson

Very very beautiful country waltz!
Outstanding and beautiful vocal. It is so pleasant.
Catchy and nice melody starting with Sub-dominant (C major) instead of Tonic (G major) and the sophisticated chord progressions are so nice.
Love it.
Very enjoyable Listen.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: PeterF Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/15/16 06:20 AM
Nelson,

A lovely song sensitively sung - very pretty indeed. I'm sure your friend would have been proud of this.

Peter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/15/16 11:10 AM
Wonderful tribute to your friend.

We enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: mpmcgeehan Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/15/16 11:14 AM
Beautiful country ballad with lovely vocals! Reminds me of vintage female country singers like Loretta Lynn! Send this song to Dolly or Reba!
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/15/16 01:39 PM
Nelson,
That was beautiful! Thanks
Posted By: floyd jane Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/15/16 05:08 PM
A nice way to pay respects to your friend, Nelson.

Very nice vocal...

fj
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/15/16 06:23 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Nelson,

A lovely song sensitively sung - very pretty indeed. I'm sure your friend would have been proud of this.

Peter

Agree with Peter. Vocal is very heartfelt. Maybe Marinus is listening now, and smiling I'm sure. Really nice. Thanks. Greg
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/15/16 06:42 PM
Nelson, what a great song!! And What a great vocal performance!! This is a hit country song if I've ever heard one. I'm sure your friend is smiling down and very proud. God bless, Torrey.
Posted By: Scott C Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/15/16 06:58 PM
Beautiful song Nelson. Awesome vocal
Posted By: Robertkc Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/16/16 12:06 AM
Nelson,

A lovely country waltz with top class vocals and very good no frills production.
A really fine tribute to your friend.

Robert
Posted By: tommyad Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/16/16 10:45 AM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Nelson,

A lovely country waltz with top class vocals and very good no frills production.
A really fine tribute to your friend.

Robert
I agree. I would have added a delay and reverb to the steel. Of course that is a production preference. I thought it was really good and enjoyed the beautiful chord progression. Tom
Posted By: airtcon-161 Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/16/16 12:16 PM
Hi,
First off let me thank you on behalf of Marinus and Nancy for your comments and taking the time to listen. There is some very good, well put together music appearing on here and I am glad Peter has kept this going especially to show case the talented people using this site and showing what can really be accomplished with Band In A Box. On a small note this song was recorded very quickly as Nancy was leaving for Florida and we didn't have the time we wanted to spend on it. She wants to do the vocal again ( singers are never happy LOL ) but we will see when she gets back. Again thank you all, each and everyone for remembering my friend Marinus..

Nelson
Posted By: Noel96 Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/18/16 04:32 AM
Hi Nelson,

I'm very sorry to hear to about Marinus's passing. It's never easy saying goodbye to those who are important in our lives. This song does it so well, though. It is such a wonderful way to remember a good friend. The song is an absolute delight to listen to and Nancy's singing is superb.

Kind regards and all the best,
Noel
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/18/16 11:18 AM
I enjoyed this. A nice arrangement and a fitting tribute to your friend. It is a quality write and production. I thought Nancy did a superb job on the vocals and a nice job on the bass as well.

Charlie
Posted By: airtcon-161 Re: THE BEAUTIFUL TENNESSEE WALTZ - 11/21/16 02:33 PM
Thanks Charlie and Noel for your comments, really appreciate it. As I write this Nancy is returning from FL early so maybe there will be more to work on and it won't be such a long cold winter for our little group of musicans

Cheers

Nelson
© PG Music Forums