PG Music Home
Posted By: RichRayer Imagined - 11/19/16 04:34 PM
This is something I worked on this week. I used Band in a Box to give me a chord progression then I decided on a style. Once I had that set up, I wrote a melody to fit the style (and my mood at the time). The end result is this.

The style is _SOLFUNK.sty with all RealTracks. The melody is a voice from Embertone's Arcane which was a freebie a few Halloweens ago. The voice is in fact a diminutive version of the Realivox Blue which I would love to own (been saving my pennies).

I hope you enjoy IMAGINED
https://soundcloud.com/richrayer/imagined
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Imagined - 11/19/16 07:38 PM
Rich,

I enjoyed this... it's really well put together. I'd love to be able to play the sax. It's such a great instrument.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: RichRayer Re: Imagined - 11/19/16 08:07 PM
Thank you Noel. The performers that do the RealTracks solos are excellent and BiaB has gotten pretty good at making them sound very good in a mix.
Posted By: Pauline - PG Music Re: Imagined - 11/19/16 08:10 PM
Hi Rich,

I liked this mix. Very smooth! Thanks for sharing.

Pauline
PG Music Team
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Imagined - 11/19/16 08:37 PM
Rich,

Very enjoyable. The voice (I have to investigate - its following a midi melody?) and sax are very cool together.
Nice production on this all round.

Robert
Posted By: RichRayer Re: Imagined - 11/20/16 11:06 AM
Thank you for listening and commenting. The mix was done in Sonar and I am glad you enjoyed it.
Posted By: RichRayer Re: Imagined - 11/20/16 11:09 AM
"I have to investigate - its following a midi melody?"

Yes, the midi melody is being used. The voice is sampled by pitch and follows the melody. This particular sampled voice is controlled by Kontakt Player.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Imagined - 11/20/16 01:17 PM
Well done....it actually sounds like some musicians who've been playing together for a while.

Great sax.

We enjoyed the spin!

J&B
Posted By: RichRayer Re: Imagined - 11/20/16 06:20 PM
Thank you for the comments. With a little (and I do mean little) engineering it is quite easy to make a mix sound good with BiaB as the basis of the mix.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Imagined - 11/20/16 08:08 PM
Nicely done!!!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Imagined - 11/20/16 08:10 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed this.

A really captivating melodic progression, and the choice of styles was excellent.

The sax fill came as a surprise, but fitted in nicely.
Posted By: RichRayer Re: Imagined - 11/21/16 10:05 AM
Thank you David, I appreciate the comment.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Imagined - 11/21/16 07:59 PM
Rich,

This is put together nicely! A really good listen. The voices sound good. The sax is fantastic.

Well done.

floyd
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Imagined - 11/21/16 09:08 PM
Rich, great mix and melody! The is the music I always gravitate toward. Great job! Take care, Torrey
© PG Music Forums