PG Music Home
Jazzy Birthday (to me!)

Found this neat jazzy rendition of the Happy Birthday tune online in pretty plain midi format, which I loaded into a DAW and "spiced up" with some VST sounds (courtesy of PG Music, Bigcat and EZ Dummer). Thought the result was good enough for sharing, so hope you enjoy! cool

Oh, and today actually is my birthday, hence the occasion (and the name tweak) wink
cool!

GRATULERER MED DAGEN!

– HAPPY JAZZY BIRTHDAY, Eddie! :-)
Originally Posted By: molsenhouse
cool!

GRATULERER MED DAGEN!
Tak for det laugh

p.s. I'm going to presume knowledge here and not jump to the conclusion that you thought that language is mine...which can then only mean it must be yours? wink
Happy Birthday Eddie!! Nice to see you around again. Come by more often. Enjoyed the tune!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Happy Birthday Eddie!! Nice to see you around again. Come by more often.
Aww, thank you for that sentiment. I didn't think anyone would notice! grin
I've been quite busy lately, what with my choir having a concert and a CD coming up (next saturday, yikes!), and my latest Usertrack (only just released) took just about the remaining free time for great deal longer than I had anticipated. Continuous attention to the Mac beta department of BBox (which for me is now a year round thing) has also been a factor.
Things should slow down a bit after that concert, so who knows... cool
Happy birthday, Eddie smile Nothing like some birthday productivity to signal a good upcoming year! Best of luck with all the concerts and associated business.
Originally Posted By: Icelander
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Happy Birthday Eddie!! Nice to see you around again. Come by more often.
Aww, thank you for that sentiment. I didn't think anyone would notice! grin
Come to think of it, this little contribution here today (which admittedly has minimal input from me per se) is perhaps just a little token of "still here, peeps" wink
Originally Posted By: Will B - PG Music
Happy birthday, Eddie smile Nothing like some birthday productivity to signal a good upcoming year! Best of luck with all the concerts and associated business.
Nice way of looking at it. Thanks for the good wishes - I think we'll need it grin
Happy Birthday!!!!

Cool song!!

Is Bjork coming to your birthday party?* Do you ever see her around?

Is there any way......I mean it's on my bucket list.

smile

* If and only if Icelander means you are from Iceland, that is.
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Is Bjork coming to your birthday party?* Do you ever see her around?
I must confess I had to laugh a little at the deadpan honest enthusiasm of this bit smile
She actually lives in the UK now days, so chances of me seeing her are quite slim (and why she'd want to is another thing entirely). We went to the same school, though, so I have in fact both seen and talked to here (I can just hear your swoon right now grin ), but she's a few years my senior so I was barely in when she was out.
Hope you had or are having a fun b'day (depending on all the time zone stuff).

First few notes of this and I suddenly had visions of Marilyn Monroe singing to John Kennedy. Other than she was singing Happy Birthday I have no idea why that image popped up smile

Cool version!!

Bud
Eddie, cool is the operative word here! Loved it! Great job. Take care, Torrey.
Eddie
Nice version of a usually non jazzy tune.
Nice imagination.

Peter
Very cool version and Happy Birthday
Ok, Icelander, who went to school with Bjork, man I just passed out and they had to revive me by pouring a bucket of cold water all over me.

All I can say is Mir Slav Gute Flaage Ger Hooten Dee Mirbohaaagen.

Wait!

That doesn't makes any sense. That is not even a language.

Never mind.
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Eddie
Nice version of a usually non jazzy tune.
Nice imagination.

Peter
I couldn't agree more, on both accounts. I also can't take the credit for either one, for I didn't create nor even play any of it smirk
What this is mainly is just a showcase of how the choices of sound (some of which from PG, providing that necessary link to warrant the post) and mixing can benefit even the simplest 3-instruments tune from the rawest midi file. And I'm a sucker for music that turns things jazzy, may have been a factor wink

It's probably also worth mentioning that the inclusion of plugins has only very recently been introduced into Mac BBox, in fact quite late this year. This piece uses one of those plugins, even if not actually within BBox itself.
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Ok, Icelander, who went to school with Bjork, man I just passed out and they had to revive me by pouring a bucket of cold water all over me.

All I can say is Mir Slav Gute Flaage Ger Hooten Dee Mirbohaaagen.

Wait!

That doesn't makes any sense. That is not even a language.

Never mind.
That made me laugh so hard! grin
© PG Music Forums