PG Music Home
Posted By: G McAllister CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/23/16 09:42 PM
CRIMSON SNOW
This is a original song that I just finished. Hope you enjoy it. HAPPY THANKSGIVING

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Untitled Song
Key=C , Tempo 130, Length (m:s)=3:02
No intro. 32 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 32. Repeat x3 choruses
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _BGMEDLY.STY (Bluegrass Ev 130 Solo MultiStyle)

RealTracks in style: ~427:Bass, Acoustic, Bluegrass Ev 130
RealTracks in style: ~426:Banjo, Bluegrass Ev 130 (Rhythm)
RealTracks in style: ~431:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Bluegrass Ev 130
RealTracks in style: ~428:Fiddle, Rhythm Bluegrass Ev 130
RealTracks in style: ~432:Mandolin, Rhythm Bluegrass Ev 130
Posted By: Buford Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/23/16 09:51 PM
Hey George,

Nice little tune. Bloody lyrics but cheery music. Can't beat that. Love the story line,

Keep up the good work.

Bob
Posted By: Scott C Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/23/16 10:20 PM
Excellent tune. Loved the vocal. Welcome to the forum
Loving this tune! Really excellent vocal. Great first post, George! Welcome to the forum smile
Posted By: Mike. R. Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/24/16 04:04 PM
This is one foot tapper of a song and your voice sits perfectly in a crystal clear mix. Enjoyed that immensely thanks.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/24/16 07:34 PM
Welcome to the forum George!! I'll steal Floyd Jane's line by saying "This ain't your first rodeo". You've obviously written and performed a good bit. This is so well done on every level. Excellent work!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: mglinert Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/25/16 04:19 AM
Well constructed song with a strong lyric and vocal performance.
The only thing I have my doubts about is that 'Newbie' tag!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/25/16 05:27 PM
George,

Welcome to the Showcase! Nice first post...

Nice arrangement, good mix... nice vocal! - I hear a bit of the Hag in there..

A good listen.

floyd
I agree with all the great feedback received so far! Thank you for sharing this song smile

It's our "Hot Forum Topic" for today
Posted By: Robertkc Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/25/16 10:06 PM
George,

Very sweet bluegrass sound - your voice sounds great and the story interesting...surprisingly dark! ( lyrics would be nice).
Glad to have you aboard!

Robert
Posted By: RnAM Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/26/16 09:47 PM
A very nice piece of Bluegrass George!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/26/16 09:55 PM
George, man that was slick!!! Great song! Great performance! Great job putting the track down! I appreciate what you have done here. Bluegrass is a style that I have a lot of respect for when it is done right and you sure did here! Thanks, Torrey.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/27/16 04:35 AM
George, great tune, top-tappin' right from the start.

All of the instruments are working harmoniously to provide an ideal balance, and the instrumental slotted in perfectly.
Posted By: G McAllister Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/27/16 01:04 PM
Thanks again Brother. Couldn't do it without you
Posted By: G McAllister Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/27/16 01:10 PM
Thanks Scott. I do appreciate it.
Posted By: G McAllister Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/27/16 01:16 PM
Thank You Will. BIAB is affording me the means to capture my writing in a way that nothing else can. Nothing affordable in any case. Be In Touch, George
Posted By: G McAllister Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/27/16 01:22 PM
Greg. WOW, Thanks. I've been writing for a while, but this is my first time to ever put it out for others to hear. Your comments are most encouraging and appreciated. It means a lot when folks take the time to listen and respond.
Posted By: G McAllister Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/27/16 01:24 PM
Floyd. Thanks for listening and commenting. To have my name mentioned in the same post with the "Hag", is about as good a complement as I could ever hope to get.
Posted By: G McAllister Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/27/16 01:29 PM
Callie. Thank You so much for listening and commenting. As I told Will, BIAB is allowing me to hear my writing in a way that's doable, and affordable. I don't know of anything else that can even come close. Thanks, Be In Touch, George
Posted By: G McAllister Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/27/16 01:35 PM
Hello Robert, and THANK YOU. Bluegrass music can be that way sometimes, kinda "dark". Off the top of my head I can't thing of any other music genre that does exactly that. Bill Monroe's "Little Girl And The Dreadful Snake" or "The Knoxville Girl" are classic examples. I appreciate your kind thoughts and comments. George
Posted By: G McAllister Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/27/16 01:37 PM

Rob and Anne-Marie, Thanks for listening and writing from so far away. I really appreciate it. George
Posted By: G McAllister Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/27/16 01:41 PM
Thanks Torrey. This is my first time posting anything I've written and recorded. Your comments are much appreciated and encouraging. Band In A Box sure makes it possible. Thanks Again, George
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: CRIMSON SNOW / GEORGE McALLISTER - 11/29/16 05:06 PM
From a couple of folks who played traditional bluegrass for decades...

Great job!

Welcome aboard.

We look forward to more.

J&B
© PG Music Forums