PG Music Home
CRACKING CAROL!
I decided to "update" an old song that has been a traditional christmas carol in my country for almost a century, but seems to be forgotten anywhere else. I'm inserting a video of a more "conventional" rendition, which you might want to view before checking my version, to really appreciate the level of alternative thinking here cool

More background information about this song and origins can be found in this forum thread HERE. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to that research smile
I had a lot of fun putting this together, hope you enjoy the result - Happy holidays!

p.s. The formalities, in case you thought I'd forget:

Title: Cracking Carol

Style is _TXBLZRR.STY

RealTracks::Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockNRoll Ev 165
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockLowA-B Ev 165
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockHighA-B Ev 165
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm RockabillyRockNRollKevin
Sax, Baritone, Background RockNRollBluesGary Ev 165
235*:Sax, Baritone, Soloist RockNRollBluesGary Ev 165
Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 120
RealDrums: RockTexasBlues^
Synth and the most ridiculously cool organ I ever found - Yours truly!

p.s.p.s. I decided to output the drums to midi so I could really go to town with that "trash can" ending (sound by EZ Drummer).
Definitely a rocking Christmas. Well done
Nice one Eddy! You really made it rock-like the sax!! Thanks for posting. Take care. Greg
Sounds great, Eddie!

I had not heard this particular carol - I've enjoyed both arrangements.
Thanks for the link...
This song now on Youtube, with "pretty" pictures & all cool

https://youtu.be/sb75AEXXyvg
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Definitely a rocking Christmas. Well done
Appreciate it, thank you.
Eddie,

I'm amazed how people can take a song that has always been heard in one manner and change the song completely. Wonderful update of a traditional carol. Love the ending!
[quote=Jim Fogle]Eddie,

I'm amazed how people can take a song that has always been heard in one manner and change the song completely./quote]I'll admit that finding just that 'right' angle for the renovation can be tricky at times. It has to be just different enough, but not so different it becomes completely unrecognisable or an abomination of the original. But hey, that's just my type of fun to be had with a tool like BBox, you know cool
Thanks for your generous compliments and support, as alway. And speaking of generous, don't think I haven't noticed how you always go the extra mile and leave a comment on my my channel as well as in this forum. That extra touch is very much appreciated.
"I'll admit that finding just that 'right' angle for the renovation can be tricky at times."

Tricky reads to us as both very creative and time consuming. I imagine a lot of effort went into this...and it paid off.

Very cool!!

J&B
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"I'll admit that finding just that 'right' angle for the renovation can be tricky at times."

Tricky reads to us as both very creative and time consuming.
Actually, this one actualy wasn't, but it absolutely can be. My Chopin Prelude, for instance, took days!
© PG Music Forums