PG Music Home
I'm going out with a bang, not a whimper: Almost Made it Home

https://52tracksblog.com/2016/12/29/track-52-almost-made-it-home-last-night/

I used the Butane Style and added a guitar soloist.

RealTracks: Bass Guitar, Electric Guitars, B3 Organ, Blues Rock Drums.

Thanks for listening. I plan to post a reflection piece soon that discusses what I learned along the way using BIAB and my other software tools.

That's all folks!

Fred
Congratulations, Fred!

It has been a great journey. You have shown a good variety of styles and used BIAB well to present them. You are an excellent writer and performer.

This is a good rocker. Well done. I thought the vocal should be a bit more "in the mix" so I could really crank the tracks (when I did that, the vocal was a bit too-much-out-front). And for this style, it could use a little more reverb (and perhaps some delay) - that might be all it needs to "tuck it in".

But - not to take away from the song... a good one! Solid write. Enjoyable listen. It rocks.

I do hope you continue.

Again - Big Time Congratulations. A real accomplishment.

floyd
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Congratulations, Fred!

It has been a great journey. You have shown a good variety of styles and used BIAB well to present them. You are an excellent writer and performer.

This is a good rocker. Well done. I thought the vocal should be a bit more "in the mix" so I could really crank the tracks (when I did that, the vocal was a bit too-much-out-front). And for this style, it could use a little more reverb (and perhaps some delay) - that might be all it needs to "tuck it in".

But - not to take away from the song... a good one! Solid write. Enjoyable listen. It rocks.

I do hope you continue.

floyd

Thanks, Floyd for your support and comments this year. I agree a remix is called for. I have all your mix notes, so I will be busy reworking mixes.

I am sure I will be posting new songs but I need to take a short break.

Fred
Congratulation for the successful project! What a great song to end it smile Sorry I haven't commented before, but I have liked your songs, especially the melancholy ones. This last one is no exception with Chris Rea like elements in the chording and in your rough voice. Thanks for the experience.

Janne
Another awesome tune. Excellent vocal. Amazing creativity in all the tunes you put up. Loved them all Fred
Fabulous Fred!
A most relatable rocker.
Wonderful lyrics.
Congratulations.
Cheers.
hi fred really like this, great work and well done on the vocal good stuff eric
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Congratulation for the successful project! What a great song to end it smile Sorry I haven't commented before, but I have liked your songs, especially the melancholy ones. This last one is no exception with Chris Rea like elements in the chording and in your rough voice. Thanks for the experience.

Janne

Thanks, Janne. Glad you enjoyed the songs.

Fred
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Another awesome tune. Excellent vocal. Amazing creativity in all the tunes you put up. Loved them all Fred

Thanks, Scott! I appreciated your positive comments over the last year.

Fred
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Fabulous Fred!
A most relatable rocker.
Wonderful lyrics.
Congratulations.
Cheers.

Thanks, RichMac.

Fred
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi fred really like this, great work and well done on the vocal good stuff eric

Thanks, F.F.M.

Fred
Congratulations, Fred!

I do hope you continue.

Floyd said it best. What a year!! You've done some great stuff in a wide variety of styles. You are a talented and prolific writer. GREAT JOB!! Take care. Greg

floyd
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Congratulations, Fred!

I do hope you continue.

Floyd said it best. What a year!! You've done some great stuff in a wide variety of styles. You are a talented and prolific writer. GREAT JOB!! Take care. Greg

floyd

Thanks, Greg, for all your comments this year. You and Floyd are superb writers and producers, so your posts kept me going.

Fred
Fred

Almost missed your last one - been a bit hectic.
Congratulations on the 52 - enjoyed the last one.

Peter
Shades of Jim Morrison! What a great vocal quality! Keep 'em coming.

Bob
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Fred

Almost missed your last one - been a bit hectic.
Congratulations on the 52 - enjoyed the last one.

Peter

Thanks, Peter, for this comment and the others you posted over the year.

Fred
Originally Posted By: Bob Buford

Bob

Thanks, Bob. This is the first time my voice has been compared to the Lizard King!

Fred
Fabulous Fred!
A most relatable rocker.
Wonderful lyrics.
Congratulations.
Cheers.

Ditto!

Thanks for letting us share the journey. You finished as
you started -- in style.

J&B
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Fabulous Fred!
A most relatable rocker.
Wonderful lyrics.
Congratulations.
Cheers.

Ditto!

Thanks for letting us share the journey. You finished as
you started -- in style.

J&B

J&B, thanks for all your comments and support over the 52 weeks. You gave me a lift at a few points where I was wondering if I could make it all the way to week 52.

Fred
Fred,

Great rocker to finish up - lyrics are so good I could quote them all, but my favourite lines:

Dead broke rivers

Bare-boned bridges

Blackened hills meet an oatmeal sky

Out of nowhere

Into nothing

What might have beens chasing alibis

I`ve enjoyed all your songs since joining the forum and will tune in again.

Robert

Bob

We fully agree with Bob's Morrison reference. We enjoyed the steady rhythm and driving beat. Someone, Floyd we think, suggested a touch more reverb. We couldn't agree more.

It was a great listen!!

And congrats on finishing a tough challenge. That takes guts, stamina and drive.

We were absent from the site most of the year due to health issues, so we missed almost all of your tunes. But if this is a representative example ... we missed some great sounds.

Again, congrats! Happy New Year!

Alan & Di
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Fred,

Great rocker to finish up - lyrics are so good I could quote them all, but my favourite lines:

Dead broke rivers

Bare-boned bridges

Blackened hills meet an oatmeal sky

Out of nowhere

Into nothing

What might have beens chasing alibis

I`ve enjoyed all your songs since joining the forum and will tune in again.

Robert

Thanks, Robert, for your support this year. The songs are at this Bancamp Page:
https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com/

Fred
Originally Posted By: Al-David

Bob

We fully agree with Bob's Morrison reference. We enjoyed the steady rhythm and driving beat. Someone, Floyd we think, suggested a touch more reverb. We couldn't agree more.

It was a great listen!!

And congrats on finishing a tough challenge. That takes guts, stamina and drive.

We were absent from the site most of the year due to health issues, so we missed almost all of your tunes. But if this is a representative example ... we missed some great sounds.

Again, congrats! Happy New Year!

Alan & Di

Thanks, Alan & Di! Sorry to hear about your health issues. All 52 songs are this Bandcamp page: https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com/

Fred
I enjoyed this very much. Kind of mesmerizing, the combination of the plaintive (but strong) voice and the persistent music.
© PG Music Forums