PG Music Home
Posted By: DC Ron Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/24/17 09:15 PM
This is intended to be an energetic romp through a traditional love song theme, let me know what you think.

lyrics by R.W. Davis, vocals and guitar breaks by Dusty Hughes

The BiaB backing track is _CTROCK_12.STY. Style A on the verse, B on the chorus.

https://soundcloud.com/ron-davis-670103812/more-than-ever

smile

THANKS!
Posted By: Mat - PG Music Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/25/17 12:06 AM
Hi Ron,

Not sure why this flew by everyone's radar! It's a great song. I like the harmony on the vocals and the guitar solo later in the song really does bring the song together!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/25/17 11:30 AM
This has a nice folky sound to it. On my system the bass was kinda lacking. Maybe I needed to listen on something else.

Yeah, nice and crisp sounding. Good harmony work.

Country pop folk. The clean guitar reminded me of the country rock bands in the 70's. Pure Prairie and others of similar bent.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/25/17 11:47 AM
Very cool tune. Excellent vocal and lyric
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/25/17 11:52 AM
Enjoyed my listen a lot. The country rock feel is nice.

Charlie
Posted By: rsdean Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/25/17 01:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Enjoyed my listen a lot. The country rock feel is nice.

Charlie

My feelings exactly - nice job!

Bob
Peppy song - very nice smile

This is our Hot Forum Topic today!

-Callie
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/25/17 05:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
This has a nice folky sound to it. On my system the bass was kinda lacking. Maybe I needed to listen on something else.

Yeah, nice and crisp sounding. Good harmony work.

Country pop folk. The clean guitar reminded me of the country rock bands in the 70's. Pure Prairie (League) and others of similar bent.

Absolutely. This captured the 70's vibe.

PPL has always been one of my favorites. So, I decided to have some PPL fun with this song,

DL'd it, ran it through the ACW, imported the chord chart set the tempo and selected the same style you used then replaced the Realtracks with a John David Call PPL sounding Pedal Steel Guitar soloist and a Craig Fuller PPL style lead guitar to play against the PSG in between where your lead was not playing. Added a background PSG behind your lead - added two tracks from the original style's 12 string guitar placed back in the mix and panned hard left and right to expand and not lose the rhythm bed.

I thought it worked out very well and added some cool flavor to your song. Of course, it was for my personal enjoyment only and will never be posted or distributed anywhere.

Charlie
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/25/17 08:47 PM
All, thanks for the many compliments. Very fun song to do. The PPL comparisons are very cool, and Amie is one of my favorite songs of that era.

Thanks for the comment on the bass volume, will need to listen to that more carefully. Mixing on studio monitors and headphones sometimes tricks me into thinking the bass is better placed in the mix than it is.

Charlie, I'm humbled by your inspiration to explore an alternative production. Am so enthralled by lyrics and melodies that I too often forget that the listener is sometimes looking for more, and I stop too soon. Good on you!

Dusty sings all the vocal parts and plays all the guitar. I arranged the harmonies and wrote the guitar solo. Dusty improvised the intro and ending guitar parts. He is SO very talented, very accommodating, and a careful listener. His work is highly recommended. For me, the lyricist nailed a traditional theme in a unique way that blows me away. Wish I could do that. smile

Thanks again for all the listens. Very helpful and inspiring.
Posted By: jford Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/26/17 01:59 PM
Very nice, Ron. I do agree that it could use more base. The song is great, just think a little more low end will round it out better.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/26/17 05:33 PM
Great country rock style, toe tappin' feel throughout.

Very impressed with the lyrics and vocals.

The guitar break slotted in really nicely.
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/26/17 08:32 PM
Thanks again for all the listens and helpful suggestions. Will certainly look at the bass again and post an update. smile
Posted By: bluage Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/27/17 02:46 AM
Dear "DC Ron"...

I'm slappin' my thigh to the rhythm! Such a feel-good song cain't go 'rong! Memorable lyrics, too.

"bluage"
Posted By: PeterF Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/27/17 02:50 AM
Ron
Nice production - enjoyed the guitar playing vocals & harmonies.

Peter
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/27/17 08:21 PM
Here's my updated production with the bass more up front and a tiny bit more snap on the snare. Thanks for all the input on my first pass. Let me know how this one sounds...

https://soundcloud.com/ron-davis-670103812/more-than-ever-3-more-bass

THANKS for all!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/27/17 08:30 PM
Very enjoyable tune Ron! Vocals and guitar are great throughout and the melody in the verses I really thought were very good! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/27/17 11:00 PM
Hi DC Ron, Nice work on this! Really driving lyrics throughout the piece. The Organ really helps glue all the elements together. Well done! smile
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/29/17 02:20 PM
Thanks, Joe! Glad you enjoyed it. Got some great production tips from the folks on this forum.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/29/17 06:37 PM
Nice tune! Rolls along very nicely-kind of a sunny day feelgood song. Very clean mix and nice vocals. Enjoyed it! Take care. Greg
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Fastest 3 minute love song ever - 01/30/17 07:02 PM
Thanks, Greg! Tried to make it as happy as a song about missing a loved one can be. smile
© PG Music Forums