PG Music Home
I'm re-posting my songs so I can update the links to my Soudcloud page... since all my songs have been deleted from the site I originally used. I will do this gradually so as not to overwhelm or be disrespectful of other posters. smile

(4/12/13)
This song was interesting when I was putting it together in BIAB... In order to get it to play the way I wanted I had to make certain measures 3 beats and then the following measure 1 beat, it worked fine but it did for some reason cause an extra beat or two in a couple of places like the intro and at the end of the half verse after the solo going into the last chorus... Instead of worry about it, I just went with what it gave me and worked with it. It also caused the ending to be weird, but I'm sure we're all use to that happening occasionally with BIAB anyway, so we just end up going to a fade out...
But I didn't do that! I went with what it gave me and ended up with a pretty cool ending... or at least one that would be pretty dang hard to do live!

The vocals are all me. My Telecaster "Trigger" has some tracks as well.

All comments welcome,

Greg

https://soundcloud.com/user-813802595/walk-in-the-light

Here's the RT's I used:

RT Drums NashvilleEven8^3
RT Drums NashvilleEven8^5
RT518 Bass
RT806 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm
RT1002 Guitar, 12-Str Acous
RT362 Guitar, Acous
RT365 Guitar, Acous
RT1035 Banjo, Rhythm
RT1856 Cello (2 seperate generated tracks)
RT 2029 Fiddle, Soloist

©2013 Words & Music: Greg Achord

Walk In The Light

Sometimes I look around and can’t believe just what I see
So many people lost in their own misery
Some are searching some are wandering without a hope
But don’t give up ‘cause it’s not over till your story’s wrote

Well Just look up an see the light that’s shining down on me
You know it gives me strength it bathes me in serenity
It’s something you can have a promise those who seek shall find
It’ll never let you down the only way to peace of mind
Always Walk In The Light

Sometimes I look around and all I wanna’ do is cry
So many seem so blind and they won’t even try
To leave the path that they’ve been walkin’ down for so damn long
But listen up I tell you now you can belong

(Chorus)
(Ride)

You’ve got to leave the past the one that always pulls you down
And find a way to grab a hold of what the rest have found

(Chorus)
I've always enjoyed your songs and especially like your vocals. Glad to see these reposts. Enjoyed it.

Charlie
Glad you reposted. Excellent vocal. Loved the lyric. Guitar was excellent as well
Very nice!! I don't recall hearing it before. Great vocal. I always hear some 70's in your tunes, which I LOVE because that was my favorite musical era. Great job!! Take care. Greg
Hi Achordocaster, I really enjoyed the progression of this song, very delightful vibe to this. Well done! smile
Hi, Greg !

I liked everything
about this superbly
produced tune, vocal
mix and arr !

Cheers
Dani
A terrific listen, Greg.

A good song, well presented, well mixed, well sung...

Enjoyed it.

fj
Greg,

Terrific song! Your vocals are excellent ( something about your voice reminds me of John Anderson) and instrumentation well chosen- especially the fiddle.
I`m enjoying your reposts.

Robert
A BIG thanks to all who took the time to listen (or re-listen) to my song. I certainly appreciate all the nice comments.
Very nice, Greg! Like Floyd said, a terrific listen. Good job on the mix, and everything fit well together. Glad you reposted it!

Steve
Greg...great song...you nailed it stylistically for the lyric and message...great vocals...great message...Dan
Greg
Nice song and melody - and I enjoyed the guitar parts (reminded me a bit of Dan Fogelberg's playing).

Peter
Another big thank you to Steve, Dan and Peter. I sure appreciate you guys taking the time to listen and for the nice comments.
Very nice. The mix is very cohesive with an effective sound stage and it sounds great on our monitors. Your fine vocals are well supported by your playing and choice of RT's.

We like it!

J&B
© PG Music Forums