PG Music Home
I'm re-posting my songs so I can update the links to my Soudcloud page... since all my songs have been deleted from the site I originally used. I will do this gradually so as not to overwhelm or be disrespectful of other posters. smile

(2/17/15)
Here's a song I wrote in the 1980's and did a recording of back in 2010 when I first got BIAB. I never liked the recording from 2010... I had originally written the song in the key of (C) and that was just too darn high for me, not to mention I tried to throw everything but the kitchen sink into that first recording! crazy

I'd like to think I've learned a little in the last 5 years when it comes to recording, not to mention I have my new recording toys cool... Sooo I decided to give this song another try. I've lowered the key a step and a half to a more reasonable one (A) and tried not to put every RT there is in it. grin I sped it up a little bit and tried to sing in tune this time! wink

All RT's (listed below) except where my Martin (Dean) makes an appearance for the guitar solo and of course I'm doing all the vocals.

As always all comments welcome.

Hope you enjoy,

Greg

https://soundcloud.com/user-813802595/you-are-everything

2 Drum tracks. I think they are both Nashville Country Train: one is brushes which are pretty dry and in the background and another with sticks that's up front with FX.
Bass Elec RT 379
Banjo RT 589
Fiddle Rhythm RT 593
Fiddle Solo RT 2008
Guitar Acou RT 378
Guitar Acou RT 598
Mandolin RT 599
Piano RT 1166 (I'm anxious to hear Floyd's opinion on my piano mix when it comes in on the 2nd verse)

YOU ARE EVERYTHING

©1982 Greg Achord

GIRL YOU KNOW SINCE I FOUND YOU THERE'S BEEN A CHANGE INSIDE

THOUGH I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT IT'S A FEELIN I JUST CAN'T HIDE

I FEEL IT EVERY TIME I'M WITH YOU EVERYTHING FEELS SO RIGHT

SO COME ON LET ME HOLD YOU LET ME LOVE YOU TONIGHT

YOU ARE EVERYTHING IN LIFE TO ME YOU AND ME TOGETHER THATS OUR DESTINY

YOU ARE EVERYTHING IN LIFE I HOPE TO FIND YOUR ONE IN A MILLION AND

I'M SO GLAD THAT YOUR MINE

LORD IT SEEMS THAT I'VE WAITED I'VE WAITED FOR SO LONG

LOOKING FOR THAT LADY WHO WOULD LOVE ME AND APPRECIATE MY SONGS

AND JUST WHEN IT SEEMED I'D NEVER FIND HER WELL THEN YOU CAME ALONG

GIVIN ME YOUR LOVIN AND GIVIN ME A REASON TO GO ON

I'M SO GLAD THAT YOUR MINE

(RIDE) 16 BARS

I'M SO GLAD THAT YOUR MINE / I'M SO GLAD THAT YOUR MINE
Hi Achordocaster, Thank you for sharing this with us! Love the violin it really adds character, well done! smile
Greg

Really enjoyable.,

Perfect toe-tappin' tempo.

The fiddle-fills slot in just so well.

All delivered with an excellent vocal.

Great job all around.
Very cool backtrack. Super lyric and vocal
Enjoyed that, Greg. Especially liked your acoustic lead....

fj
Greg,

Very good in every respect. I haven`t heard the earlier version but you`ve done a nice job with the backtrack and fills here.
Terrific vocal with lots of energy.

Robert
Cool song!! Really fun foot-tapper. Great vocal and nice mix/arrangement. Enjoyed! Take care. Greg
Nice lead and all around delivery!

It's often fun to revisit productions...I'm typically consumed with "what I thinking" thoughts smile

We enjoyed it.

J&B
Nice vocal Greg, and I liked the harmonies. I'd have liked another verse of Martin's solo!

Cheers
John
Greg,

This is great. The harmonies, your guitar break- tight. Enjoyed it very much.

Regards,

Bob
A big thank you to everyone who took the time to listen or re-listen to this song. Also thanks for all the nice comments, I certainly appreciate it.

I have a "New" song I will be posting soon, so stay tuned for that. grin

Greg
Top notch redo here. Really nice lead and the new arrangement works for me. The song doesn't seem to be overdone a bit. Enjoyed this one a lot.

Charlie
Thank you Charlie. I appreciate the listen & the generous comments.
© PG Music Forums