PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Christian song - Save the Family - 03/29/17 03:23 PM
SteveS is one fantastic Christian poet and in fact is in the process of assembling his poems for his first publication. He wrote this for a song. BobH and myself put the music together and Steve sang it.

This started in BiaB style -PO128-1 and BobH was playing the acoustic guitar while SteveS was quietly singing the song. But the headphones died early in the song however I waved to the guys to keep going. Unfortunately the final tempo not only varied but with the held chords Sonar with Melodyne could not produce a correct tempo chart. So I had to add everything freeform.

BobH is playing the acoustic guitar. I did an audio to MIDI conversion and added a zither to the guitar. I add everything else via my wind controller and keyboard controller.

We hope you like it.

Save the Family

Save the Family

Lyrics and vocal by StephenS
Background tracks by BobH and MarioD

Yet another young person is killed
At the hands of a empty soul
Both of these lives are gone
Their family suffers the toll

A father steals to feed his family
From God, he cannot hide
If he'd given his heart to Jesus
Jesus would surly provide

There are so many lives in turmoil today
Is it because, We forgot how to pray
Satan is so happy, when things go "his way"
So many end up, with his "hell to pay"

In all of my years
What I've seen that has changed
The lords become optional
Isn't that strange
Family's were strong
When we prayed everyday
Now family s are week
And the further we stray

With no moral compass
We have nothing to hide
We mistreat our neighbor
And still we feel pride
We can turn our backs
On a brother in need
So we can have more
Satan named that "greed"

So many have become blind
Or they, choose not to see
There is only one way
To end all this misery
We must put Jesus first
In our lives, everyday
And go back to the old way
And "relearn" how to pray

Let us love our neighbor
As we love ourselves
Let us put all of our sadness
Back on satan's shelf
Let us return to the days
When family's were strong
Let us pray to the Lord
That we all get along!!
Posted By: jford Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 03/29/17 03:31 PM
Quote:
We hope you like it.

Well, this part of "we" certainly likes it.

Thanks, Mario.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 03/29/17 04:08 PM
This is great Mario. A real stunning performance, song and production. Great job all around!!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 03/29/17 05:34 PM
MarioD, a song full of truth and powerful!! A message that needed to be proclaimed!! Great work and God bless. Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: dani48 Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 03/29/17 07:07 PM
Hi, Mario !

You hit the nailĀ“s head
with this one !
A very thoughtawakening song !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 03/29/17 08:26 PM
Hi MarioD, Well done on this! I really enjoyed the progression. Great vocals as always. Nice work! smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 03/29/17 10:11 PM
This is an excellent tune. Love the lyric, vocal and backtrack
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 03/30/17 09:55 AM
Interesting arrangement. The ooohs work well. And the big orchestration into the chorus is cool...
Posted By: RnAM Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 03/30/17 12:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
MarioD, a song full of truth and powerful!! A message that needed to be proclaimed!! Great work and God bless. Thanks, Torrey

Torrey couldn't have said it any better this is another very fine production Mario!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 03/30/17 03:22 PM
Mario,
Powerful lyrics and a very unusual and atmospheric production( love the drum rolls and background choral vocals).
Very good collaborative work.

Robert
Posted By: tommyad Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 03/31/17 05:47 PM
Mario, this is a really good message song. I enjoyed the production. Tom
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 04/01/17 12:37 AM
Good song, good message

Kenny
Posted By: MarioD Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 04/02/17 10:07 PM
John, David, Torrey, Dani, Joe, Scott, Floyd, RnAM, Bob, Tommy and Kenny, thank you all for listening and those very kind comments. You always take a big risk when you post a religious song and we here are very happy that you took the time to listen and comment.

Thanx again
Posted By: fabkebab Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 04/02/17 10:25 PM
I enjoyed the timpani type build - I think you have built a nice sense of drama and gravitas in the song with the selection of instruments and sounds
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 04/03/17 08:29 PM
Hi Mario
Theirs not one thing I dont like about that song.Really liked it from the first time I listened.When you sing the line "save the family" it drives an arrow straight in,really great thanks for uploading.Im getting a song sung at the moment that slightly crosses over .I hope to upload in a couple of weeks when I learn to use Ozone properly!or near enough.What programme did you use for the AH CHOIR?
Great production,Hugh

P.S A bit of Johnny Cash in the voice
Posted By: gruverider Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 04/03/17 08:49 PM
Hats off to all of you. Very well done.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 04/03/17 08:53 PM
Fabkebab and gruverider thanx for listening and the comments. They are appreciated so thanx.

Thanx so much for the kind review Hugh2. I used Play's Symphonic Choirs for the ahs. It's not cheap but it is very good.

http://www.soundsonline.com/Symphonic-Choirs
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 04/03/17 11:16 PM
Hi Mario,
I looked at Symphonic Choirs before and looks like a great product.I didnt understand whether i could put a midi track through and get an ah chorus out of it or not?I used sampletank on a midi track for an ah chorus and although i liked it it sounded ringy at top range,its the only track on the song that didnt have real clarity.Your ah chorus was clear which i liked,Im still messing around with sampletank one (even though i like sampletank) to see should i leave it in.
Hugh
Posted By: MarioD Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 04/04/17 09:44 AM
You would use Symphonic Choirs exactly like you do with SampleTank. That is play the MIDI into the VSTi.

Ps - I just sent your PM to SteveS. I will let you know as soon as I hear from him.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 04/04/17 10:04 AM
Mario,

A great piece of work. Outstanding production and mix. Really enjoyed this.

Bob
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 04/04/17 11:21 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Interesting arrangement. The ooohs work well. And the big orchestration into the chorus is cool...

Ditto on the oohs and the orchestration build.

The mix is very nicely done...just gotta love collabs!

Enjoyed the spin...

J&B
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 04/04/17 05:49 PM
Hi Mario,
You know I checked the sampletank with a friends expensive headset and no ringing.Although for 29.99 for a one off month S Choirs is probably well worth a look.It could really add something to a song.Thanks for passing that on,Hugh
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 04/05/17 06:21 AM
Hi Mario,

A good collaboration... you've all done well. I liked the attention you've given to orchestration. Nice one!

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Christian song - Save the Family - 04/08/17 11:27 PM
Really great Mario!! I love the feel of this. That type of music really enhances the style of the lyrics. Very powerful!! His vocal is also excellent. Great job by all!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums