PG Music Home
Posted By: DJJP first song with BIAB..I hope this works ...lol - 04/01/17 07:25 AM
https://soundcloud.com/DaveJPalluck/EveryNowandThen
after many attempts to post a way to hear my first BIAB song on soundcloud...nothing seemed to work..I can get it posted there but not here ....I have tried many..many...many ways to typing the address ,but ...nothing seems to work......then ,after getting sooooo frustrated I cant even find the button to *delete* my post here...grrrrrrrrrrrrr...I have read thru the forum...I can hear everybodies songs ..but cant find a way to put mine on....its 5:35 am...I am headed back to bed...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...sorry folks just frustrated here...
Don't give up. The link to your song is a good link and opens the correct soundcloud page...

You have correctly placed the link in your post here but the song can't be found at the Soundcloud site. So...

All you need to do is repost your song on Soundcloud so the link correctly goes to a live song.

Here on PGMusic Forum in the User Showcase select New Post and when on the New Post screen, select the Full Supply Screen. In the toolbar, the second icon from the left, beside the smiley face, is where you will drop the url to your Soundcloud song for your User Showcase post.

Looking forward to hearing your first song post..

Charlie

PS: Welcome to the Forum.
Hi Dave Welcome to the forum

I found your link...

https://soundcloud.com/dave-j-palluck/every-now-and-then

This a very cool song. Super vocal, lyric and harmonies and lyrics were very well done
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Showcase!

Enjoyed listening. There is a lot of feeling in your singing.

The mix has a nice clarity to it. The acoustic guitar, piano, strings and cello (I think) all sit nicely. The shaker that comes in at 1:02 is a little loud (and distracts a bit) - you might consider pulling that down a little...you want it to be "there, but not 'noticeable'".

floyd
Thanks Scott...glad it worked for someone ....lol
thanks for the info ....that is wierd..on my speakers and monitors , I cant even hear it ,and thought I lost it in the mix...darn

I really enjoyed this!

Welcome to the forum.

Cool song!

smile
Hi Dave!

Welcome to the Forum! You'll find us to be a friendly lot. smile

Really nice first post! Like Floyd said, the mix is good and clear. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

Keep up the good work.

Steve
A nice tune. You did a good job on the backing vocals and overall mix. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie
Dave,
Welcome to the forum.
I enjoyed this sincere song and especially your vocal and harmonies.
The production sounds clear.
Your struggles with the logistics of posting were worth it!

Robert
Pretty song and vocal Dave. You really have a nice voice that sounds even stronger in the harmonies. Welcome to the forum (I am only on my 2nd song posting myself, so we are both you)

The song sounds like a classic from yesteryear

My only comment mixwise would be to do away with that hi-hat sound. It sounds a bit like someone pumping up a bicycle tyre
Geez, I like that song.

What determination on the parts of the members to track that link down!
Worth the effort, though. the song is very nicely done.
Great Tune and recording all around !!!

Thanks for sharing
DJJP this works for me. This is a very good song for a first post. I agree that the shaker is a tad to loud but other than that this is super. Nice arrangement and good strong vocal.
Thanks one and all....I will go back and listen for that shaker...like I said ...on my stuff , I cant even hear it ...lol....oh well...live and learn...keep on making music everyone .
Hey Dave,

I thought this was a really fine first post. I agree with the comments on the shaker (It's tooo loud) and I would prefer it on just 2 & 4, but that's just me wanting it to play more of a snare part.

Good Job!

Greg
Thanks Greg...I have always hated that THUMP...THUMP...THUMP of a snare drum..most times its as loud as the lead vocal..so...you probably wont hear much of drums in my songs ...but ...to each to their own tastes.
thanks once again everyone ..I did go back and pull back the shaker,and tightened up the harmonies at the end ...so...now its done ..on to other things ...ooooooh by the way...so..now...how do I get it onto BIAB radio ??..or...maybe I should just count my lucky stars I got it done ...thanks again all...keep making music ...Dave
Dave

A very beautiful song. Well put together, and you've done a great job with the harmonies.

Well done, and welcome to the neighborhood.
hey, found it

very nice song, great harmonies

enjoyed the listen

Kenny
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
hey, found it

very nice song, great harmonies

enjoyed the listen

Kenny

Ditto what Kenny said and welcome to the board!

J&B
Hi Dave 'welcome to the forum' a great first song lovely lyrics and clear production. reminded me a bit of Daniel o'donnell

Listened to your other one Sometimes I miss Loving You. I really liked that one.

Looking forward to hearing moe of these ballads.

Paul
© PG Music Forums