PG Music Home
My Mom talked me into doing a classical guitar and orchestra album last year, and I did it in two days in Real Band. People have been streaming it like crazy on Spotify and downloading it too so I did another.

Anyhoo:

https://soundcloud.com/davidsnyder_albumcollection

This link above is where I have compiled an easy way to get at all my albums with single click to iTunes, Spotify, Amazon etc.

The first two songs, Old Lovers Reunited, and Claire, are songs from the new release.

I intentionally was not trying to do anything too melodically distracting, because it is a relaxation album.

The entire thing was composed and recorded using Real Band with very little effects and in some cases mic'ing an ancient Yamaha classical that cost about a hundred bucks when it was new.

I could have used Sonar, I guess, but I chose to use Real Band because it is very simple and great for classical orchestration.

So now I can go back to the crazy stuff and using all my plug-ins in Sonar. But at least I have Mother's Day covered.

smile

A lovely song. Well mixed and written.

Congratulations on your profitable and successful streams.
Hi David,

Very nice, relaxing music. Congratulations on your Spotify stardom! (I have had some fairly good success with Spotify on the praise album I released last year. For some reason, I have had a huge amount of streams in Sweden. Almost more there than here in the US.) smile

I really enjoyed the 2 new songs you posted!

Steve
David,

These are really nice. I could imagine that you will get a lot of play from them.

You should tag them with a couple things like #RomanticMusic or #DinnerMusic...

Really enjoyable to listen to.

One thing: Claire has an odd "jolt" at 2:56

fj
Thanks Floyd, these are just soundcloud uploads for the Forum not the "real thing", so they aren't really tagged, the actual digital distributions in ITunes etc, Spotify etc get tagged all sorts of ways.

I heard that jolt you were talking about around that time when I played it 10 times, but not the first 9. It must be a soundcloud streaming thing. It sounded like a needle skipping. I have no idea. When I went back and played through again it sounded fine. It is not on the master I turned in.

Dunno man.

smile

Soundcloud....
David,

You are a person with many talents... This is a beautiful collection.

Bob
Great stuff, David....I'm going down for a nap....
David,
A very soothing way to begin Sunday morning.
I`m glad this has been a success.
Mum knows what works.

Robert
First thing I thought of was young David Silvka's work,
which has brought him recognition.
Might be a good mix.
Wheat Harvest
David Old Lovers Reunited is absolutely fantastic. Outstanding orchestration and mix along with some of the most beautiful melodic lines every played on a nylon string guitar.

This is a keeper for sure.

Ps - I wrote this after listening but after hearing Claire just repeat the above replace Old Lovers Reunite with Clair. Super piano in Claire also.

Another keeper.
David Old Lovers Reunited is absolutely fantastic. Outstanding orchestration and mix along with some of the most beautiful melodic lines every played on a nylon string guitar

(MarioD)

I was just about to type the almost the same words when I say Mario's
I agree completely with what he said, it's a beautiful song

Kenny
This is wonderful, David! That guitar tone is lovely, as well. I love stuff like this -- I'll definitely have to check out the rest of it on Spotify!
Thank you sir! I am really glad you enjoyed it!

smile
Thanks Steve! I can see why your praise music is so hot on Spotify.

I LOVE it!

Thanks for the compliments!

smile
Thank you Bob!
Going down for a nap!

Ha ha!!

Andy, I think you need one man!
Thanks Robert!

I wish I had start listening to me Mum sooner.

smile
Thanks Ed! I hate to admit it, but I am not so familiar with this guitarist. Shame on me. I did some work on google but am not sure I found the guy you were referring to or if the spelling was right.

Thanks for the kind words though!
Mario, man, you have made my life with those kind words.

I think I will frame them and hang them on the wall so I never get the blues again.

Except for when I want to play the blues, I will take them down when I want to be sad, but put them right back up when I want to be happy again.

Thanks!!

smile

P.S. Love your tagline about the vinyl by the way!
Congrats to you David. From listening to them your amazingly eclectic talent becomes even more apparent. No doubt they will do well.

J&B
Hello, David

The first two songs, Old Lovers Reunited, and Claire, are both beautiful and very relaxing.
Those guitar tones are really pleasant.

Congratulations on your successful streams.
Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Very nice, David.

Thanks. There are times you just need something like those tunes to listen to.
Thanks Janice and Bud,

I am really glad you enjoyed these.
Shigeki,

Thank you so much. I have really been enjoying your beautiful new works as well.
Thanks John! I am really glad you enjoyed them. Thanks so much.
Very easy to listen to.
I agree with Floyd -- romantic, dinner music. I commented on the Euroi-Latin feel. There's still hope in this old world.
These ones slipped by me. Super collection of song. Beautiful playing David
David,

Somehow we missed this - oh, now I remember why - we're 70 freaking years old!

Very beautiful! With a laid-back, don't mess with me while I'm listening vibe.

Standing "O"! So well conceived and played.

All the best,

Alan & Di
© PG Music Forums