PG Music Home
Posted By: fgrittner Off Season Blues - 04/04/17 03:44 PM
I took the winter off after completing my 52 tracks project last year. Here is my first effort of 2017, Off Season Blues:

http://www.fredgrittner.com/?p=31

I tried to come up with an arrangement that harkens back to Gordon Lightfoot's early 1970s albums.

For RTs I used two acoustic guitars, a mandolin soloist, bass guitar, and brush drums.

Thanks for listening.

Fred
Posted By: Scott C Re: Off Season Blues - 04/04/17 04:17 PM
I can see why you would want to take some time off after producing all those super tracks last year. This was an excellent vocal and lyric. Well done
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Off Season Blues - 04/04/17 05:30 PM
Excellent! Nice to hear another one from you. We'd gotten used to the weekly treat.

Fine lyric and performance. I like the "airy" mix that well supports the vocal.

Enjoyed it.

J&B
Posted By: fgrittner Re: Off Season Blues - 04/05/17 12:35 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
I can see why you would want to take some time off after producing all those super tracks last year. This was an excellent vocal and lyric. Well done

Thanks, Scott. Good to be back.

Fred
Posted By: fgrittner Re: Off Season Blues - 04/05/17 12:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Excellent! Nice to hear another one from you. We'd gotten used to the weekly treat.

Fine lyric and performance. I like the "airy" mix that well supports the vocal.

Enjoyed it.

J&B

Thanks J&B, I am kicking the rust off and getting back to work.

Fred
Posted By: Al-David Re: Off Season Blues - 04/05/17 02:36 AM
Really nice ... relaxing and, yes, as bit of a toe-tapper. Very reminiscent of the mid-70s and a hint of Gordon Lightfoot. Nice, easy vocal that's right there but not in your face. We liked the mandolin lead!

Alan & Di
Posted By: fgrittner Re: Off Season Blues - 04/05/17 12:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Really nice ... relaxing and, yes, as bit of a toe-tapper. Very reminiscent of the mid-70s and a hint of Gordon Lightfoot. Nice, easy vocal that's right there but not in your face. We liked the mandolin lead!

Alan & Di

Thanks, Alan and Di! Yes, the mandolin RT soloist is a gem. It captured the melody quite nicely.

Fred
© PG Music Forums