PG Music Home
Posted By: BlueAttitude Ghost Town - 04/25/17 11:10 AM
Latest collaboration with Christiane Spruit. This one is a bit more uptempo than our last few, more of a Blues/Rock feel.

Ghost Town

Video coming soon, I'll update the description once it's ready.

The band:
Drums: BluesRockFunky16ths
Bass: 1769
Piano: 1772
Guitar: 1436

Also added a few additional guitar parts, tele rhythm and strat leads.

Ghost Town (Christiane Spruit, 2017)

Waiting for the train to come
to take me for the ride
heading to a place down town
into the city life
leave the dusty road behind me
misreading all the signs
good night hometown
next stop ghost town
out

I'll be gone so many miles
until the day is done
passing trains they have no name
are figures of the game
Riding horses made of steel
will Rock me into sleep
with all the towns and
ghostly clouds in
me

(Chorus A)
Golden fields hot summers glow
behind the strangers eyes
promise sings the Hummingbird
I'll take you to the sky

Begging for the train to stop
to wake me for a while
waving all the clouds behind
into a clear blue sky
stranger faces offer me
a ticket for a ride
leaving the ghost town
bring me safe home
tonight

Solo

(Chorus B)
Golden fields hot summers glow
behind the strangers eyes
Travelling to the promised land
A ticket for a ride

Outro vamp
Posted By: Scott C Re: Ghost Town - 04/25/17 11:28 AM
Very cool Dave Super intro. Excellent vocal. Loved the guitar solo. Super tone an very cool licks.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Ghost Town - 04/25/17 11:34 AM
Dave,

Great vibe and groove. Love the vocal by Chris - she has a strong sound. Excellent mix as well.

Bob
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Ghost Town - 04/25/17 06:09 PM
Dave,
A very good ride! Train theme songs are a big favourite of mine and you`ve added a nice touch of mystery to this one.
Great rhythm, strong vocals and very tasty guitar work - what`s not to like?

Robert
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Ghost Town - 04/25/17 08:20 PM
Dave, great mix, great vocal and great performance!! Your solo was exceptional exuding wonderful tone with tasteful subtle notes popping up here and there (yes I noticed that). Great work! Take care, Torrey.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Ghost Town - 04/25/17 09:41 PM
DAve, this is your best to data IMHO.

Great beat, super intro, nice wha wha guitar, great lyrics, super guitar lead topped off with an outstanding vocal!

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Ghost Town - 04/25/17 09:46 PM
Hi BlueAttitude, Great work on this! Love the vocals and guitars on this. Reminds me of an old Blondie song. Well done! smile
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 04/26/17 07:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool Dave Super intro. Excellent vocal. Loved the guitar solo. Super tone an very cool licks.

Thanks Scott!

For the solo I used a strat into the S-Gear amp sim, their Tweed model which I really like. Also used the Mercuriall Tube Screamer 808 VST to feed the S-Gear. Free plugin BTW, I recommend it.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Ghost Town - 04/26/17 09:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Dave, great mix, great vocal and great performance!! Your solo was exceptional exuding wonderful tone with tasteful subtle notes popping up here and there (yes I noticed that). Great work! Take care, Torrey.
I second what Torrey said. Very strong modern blues. Good job all around. I enjoyed it very much. Tom
Posted By: PeterF Re: Ghost Town - 04/26/17 05:23 PM
Dave

Excellent playing throughout - always interesting. Nice vocal and a strong all round composition.
Really nice work.

Peter
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 04/26/17 11:23 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Dave,

Great vibe and groove. Love the vocal by Chris - she has a strong sound. Excellent mix as well.

Bob

Thanks, Bob! I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment smile
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 04/26/17 11:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave,
A very good ride! Train theme songs are a big favourite of mine and you`ve added a nice touch of mystery to this one.
Great rhythm, strong vocals and very tasty guitar work - what`s not to like?

Robert

Thanks Robert!
Yes, I enjoyed the train theme too when I first heard Christiane's vocal demo over the track I sent her. Thanks for the props on the guitar work, I appreciate it! smile
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Ghost Town - 04/27/17 12:26 AM
Tasty licks!

nice, love the groove and the guitar parts and those funky drums

this flows along very well with nice phrasing and vocals

enjoyed

Kenny
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 04/27/17 07:41 AM

Thanks very much, Torrey! Means a lot to read comments like that from a guitarist with your abilities smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Ghost Town - 04/27/17 08:57 AM
Dave & Chris,

EVERYTHING about this works!

A good blues/rock write. Excellent arrangement and excellent mix. "Just right" instrumentation. Good drums. The piano is a great addition.

Tasty guitar work throughout. Awesome lead!

Well sung. A terrific listen. Might be your best. Worth many listens.

floyd
Posted By: ROG Re: Ghost Town - 04/27/17 12:26 PM
Hi Dave.

Wonderful stuff!

The backing has a definite funk feel to it - a bit sort of Average White Band, which I love.

Everything works well and the solo is sublime. Great vocals too.

Very professional throughout.

ROG.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Ghost Town - 04/27/17 05:57 PM
Dave and Chris,

This is top shelf all the way!

Not only are the production and arrangement superb, Chris's singing is outstanding and the writing (melody and lyrics) is really engaging. You've both done a first class job with this.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Ghost Town - 04/27/17 07:48 PM
Another really excellent production with great vocals. The wah effects and other effects you are using on the guitar are great. Love the solo.

Awesome job.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Ghost Town - 04/28/17 02:23 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Great beat, super intro, nice wha wha guitar, great lyrics, super guitar lead topped off with an outstanding vocal!

Two thumbs up.

We think Mario summed it up pretty danged good! Blues Rock - you betcha! Loved it.

Alan & Di
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 04/28/17 09:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi BlueAttitude, Great work on this! Love the vocals and guitars on this. Reminds me of an old Blondie song. Well done! smile

Blondie?! I'm sure I could count on one hand the number of times I have heard that band and still have some fingers left smile Nothing against them BTW, just not a band I'm that familiar with.

Thanks for the listen and comment Joe, I appreciate it! smile
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 04/28/17 09:04 AM

Two thumbs up.

Wow, thanks Mario! You made my day with that comment smile
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 04/29/17 07:20 AM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
I second what Torrey said. Very strong modern blues. Good job all around. I enjoyed it very much. Tom

Thanks very much Tom, I appreciate that!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 04/29/17 07:21 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Dave

Excellent playing throughout - always interesting. Nice vocal and a strong all round composition.
Really nice work.

Peter

Thanks Peter!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 04/30/17 07:48 AM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Tasty licks!

nice, love the groove and the guitar parts and those funky drums

this flows along very well with nice phrasing and vocals

enjoyed

Kenny

Thanks Kenny!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 04/30/17 07:55 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Chris,

EVERYTHING about this works!

A good blues/rock write. Excellent arrangement and excellent mix. "Just right" instrumentation. Good drums. The piano is a great addition.

Tasty guitar work throughout. Awesome lead!

Well sung. A terrific listen. Might be your best. Worth many listens.

floyd

Floyd, awesome comments, thanks so much!

As far as the drums go, you can take credit for that. On our last song you thought the drums sounded good but were a little dry. I added a little reverb to them and sure enough they sounded much better. So, I saved the effect chain I was using on the drums as a preset and used the identical preset for this song.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 05/01/17 07:53 AM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Dave.

Wonderful stuff!

The backing has a definite funk feel to it - a bit sort of Average White Band, which I love.

Everything works well and the solo is sublime. Great vocals too.

Very professional throughout.

ROG.

Pretty sure no one has described one of my guitar solos as sublime before. Thanks so much, Rog!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 05/01/17 07:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Dave and Chris,

This is top shelf all the way!

Not only are the production and arrangement superb, Chris's singing is outstanding and the writing (melody and lyrics) is really engaging. You've both done a first class job with this.

All the best,
Noel

Thanks very much, Noel! We had fun this this one and it came together pretty quickly, usually a good sign.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 05/01/17 07:58 AM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Another really excellent production with great vocals. The wah effects and other effects you are using on the guitar are great. Love the solo.

Awesome job.

I don't use the wah pedal very often, I think this might be the first time I've used it on a recording, but it seemed to fit this tune.

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, I appreciate it smile
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 05/01/17 08:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David

Two thumbs up.

We think Mario summed it up pretty danged good! Blues Rock - you betcha! Loved it.

Alan & Di

Thanks very much Alan & Di, I appreciate the listen and comments!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Ghost Town - 05/01/17 12:35 PM
Hey Dave,

Y'all have a great vibe going here...Janice immediately mentioned that Christiane was reminiscent of Chrissie Hynde. We rarely do comparisons with other artists so this is meant to be a high compliment smile

"leave the dusty road behind me
misreading all the signs"

Nice line in a fine write.

The production well accents the lyric and melody...the guitar is tasty and comes and goes at the perfect places in the mix.

Well done!!

J&B
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Ghost Town - 05/02/17 02:48 PM
Very cool!! Love the vibe of this. Great vocal. That wah guitar fits in perfectly. Perfect band/arrangement/mix. Very much enjoyed!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 05/03/17 06:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Hey Dave,

Y'all have a great vibe going here...Janice immediately mentioned that Christiane was reminiscent of Chrissie Hynde. We rarely do comparisons with other artists so this is meant to be a high compliment smile

"leave the dusty road behind me
misreading all the signs"

Nice line in a fine write.

The production well accents the lyric and melody...the guitar is tasty and comes and goes at the perfect places in the mix.

Well done!!

Janice & Bud, thanks very much for listening and your very generous comments!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ghost Town - 05/03/17 06:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very cool!! Love the vibe of this. Great vocal. That wah guitar fits in perfectly. Perfect band/arrangement/mix. Very much enjoyed!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg, I'm happy you enjoyed it!
© PG Music Forums