RT 2674 Acoustic Guitar
RT 529 Acoustic Guitar
RT 2686 Solo Electric Guitar
RT 1884 Solo Piano
Oboe Hephaestus Sounds Kontakt 5

https://soundcloud.com/christian-devienne/always-looking-for-the-blue-note
Posted By: rsdean Re: Always looking for the blue note - 05/08/17 06:17 AM
Chris,

Nice job on this. Great mix - sounds very smokey and mysterious.

Bob
Posted By: Chris37 Re: Always looking for the blue note - 05/08/17 12:30 PM
Thanks Bob,
I like this mysterious side of blues. Christian
Posted By: Scott C Re: Always looking for the blue note - 05/08/17 12:50 PM
Very cool Christian. Love hunting for that note tune. One of life's many pleasures. Well done. Loved the guitar
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Always looking for the blue note - 05/08/17 01:48 PM
Hi Chris37 nice work on this! I really enjoyed the progression and the guitar solo. Very easy to listen to. Well done! smile
Posted By: Chris37 Re: Always looking for the blue note - 05/10/17 01:59 AM
Thanks Scott and Joe,
Blues is the root of many musical styles. Christian
Posted By: Al-David Re: Always looking for the blue note - 05/10/17 05:04 AM
Hi Christian,

Hard to beat a mysterious-sounding Blues number. We liked that Bluesy piano lead a lot. Nicely out together. You do really nice work.

It sounds terrific as is but we were a little curious why you chose to not include a bass line. Have a great Wednesday!

Alan & Di
Posted By: Chris37 Re: Always looking for the blue note - 05/10/17 09:30 AM
Hi Alan and Di,
Thanks for your comments.
There's no bass line just because I've not found the right bass to go with.
There's certainly a good bass to put with.....
If some of you have ideas !
Posted By: Chris37 Re: Always looking for the blue note - 05/13/17 02:00 PM
I've added a bass (RT 564)to my piece. Christian
Posted By: Marty Sorensen Re: Always looking for the blue note - 05/13/17 04:42 PM
Very enjoyable listening.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Always looking for the blue note - 05/13/17 05:14 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Chris,

Nice job on this. Great mix - sounds very smokey and mysterious.

Bob

Totally agree Chris! You can also pick up a Country blues vibe when that piano part comes in. Sounds good! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Always looking for the blue note - 05/14/17 04:15 PM
Cool, tasty blues!! Enjoyed! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Chris37 Re: Always looking for the blue note - 08/10/17 09:25 AM
Hi all,
A friend of mine, Guillaume, has played harmonica instead of the oboe part. Here's the result. Christian

https://soundcloud.com/christian-devienne/always-looking-for-the-blue-note-avec-harmonica
Posted By: bluage Re: Always looking for the blue note - 08/18/17 03:36 AM
"Chris37"...

I have listened to both versions of "Always Looking For The Blue Note".

The second version featuring Guillaume's harmonica is soaked with the sweat of the "blues" in the classic sense. Guillaume performs as though he harvested his unique sound out of the soil. It is gritty, wailing, and raw.

But, then again, the version featuring the oboe solo is something else entirely. What better choice could there be of an instrument from a typically orchestral setting to augment the feel of an earthy blues number than the wistful, pining and poignant sound of an oboe?

It was a daring choice to make, "Chris37", and it had the effect of transforming a weary, lonesome-sounding blues song into a ballad that reaches for the light of...???

You've created something distinctive and unexpected with "Always Looking for the Blue Note".

What's next?

Sincerely,

LOREN
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Always looking for the blue note - 08/18/17 12:17 PM
Nice tune. Great authentic blues sound. I much prefer the harmonica over the oboe in the second version. It really screams that New Orleans or Mississippi styled of blues. Great job.
© PG Music Forums