PG Music Home
Posted By: joesarahh A Rose, Re-recorded - 05/10/17 04:46 PM
https://soundcloud.com/joesarahh/a-rose-4 Sound Cloud

Ok, I redid the vocals to give them much more texture and tone as well as clearing up a sour note or two. I also elevated them in the mix to make them dominant. Any thoughts?
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Rose, Re-recorded - 05/10/17 09:01 PM
You may all of the right corrections. Your vocal is really top notch plus I really liked the fact that you only used a piano as a backing instrument. Well done.

This is super!
Posted By: Jamie Archer Re: A Rose, Re-recorded - 05/10/17 09:25 PM
That was beautiful... I could feel the sorrow in your voice.
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Rose, Re-recorded - 05/11/17 02:02 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
You may all of the right corrections. Your vocal is really top notch plus I really liked the fact that you only used a piano as a backing instrument. Well done.

This is super!

We fully agree with Mario. The changes you made are exactly what this needed. Simply gorgeous, my friend. Good luck with this. It's an amazing song and your delivery is spot on. Best to you & your music.

Alan & Di
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: A Rose, Re-recorded - 05/11/17 09:08 AM
Yep... that works better.

Nothing in the vocals drew unwarranted attention which is exactly what you want.

I think you have a winner there. Best of luck pitching it. Be sure to come back and brag a bit if it gets picked up by a producer. You deserve it with that song. Excellent work.
Posted By: joesarahh Re: A Rose, Re-recorded - 05/11/17 12:51 PM
If it's of any interest to anybody I redid the vocals using an old soul singers trick I learned from . . . well . . .an old soul singer. If you stay up until the middle of the night, in this case, 3 to 4 am, then track your vocal, it gives it a much richer color and tone. While it won't make poor vocals good vocals, it can really add a great feel to a voice. After I tracked this, my wife asked, so . . .. why don't you track all your vocals late at night, they make me feel funny :-)
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: A Rose, Re-recorded - 05/11/17 08:03 PM
Sounds very nice! I listened to the other one and thought the vocals were nice. My impression is that the new recording is better. Good luck with it! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: A Rose, Re-recorded - 05/11/17 09:32 PM
I use Melodyne. At 4am, I'm asleep.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: A Rose, Re-recorded - 05/13/17 05:33 PM
joesarahh, this sounds absolutely wonderful! The song, piano and vocal are great! This is one to e very proud of! Thanks, Torrey.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: A Rose, Re-recorded - 05/13/17 07:55 PM
This is really good at every level. Nice emotion in your vocals. I always look forward to your posts. They are well written, well thought out production and excellent performances.

Enjoyed this.

Charlie
Posted By: joesarahh Re: A Rose, Re-recorded - 05/16/17 03:51 PM
Thanks guys, I have submitted this for consideration to a publisher, I will let you all know what they have to say when I hear back.
Posted By: 44kfl Re: A Rose, Re-recorded - 05/16/17 05:30 PM
Originally Posted By: joesarahh
If it's of any interest to anybody I redid the vocals using an old soul singers trick I learned from . . . well . . .an old soul singer. If you stay up until the middle of the night, in this case, 3 to 4 am, then track your vocal, it gives it a much richer color and tone. While it won't make poor vocals good vocals, it can really add a great feel to a voice. After I tracked this, my wife asked, so . . .. why don't you track all your vocals late at night, they make me feel funny :-)

thanks for sharing this info, interesting read

cool song, very nice melody

would love to see the lyrics, I guess to see the rhyme form

sorry I missed the first version

enjoyed

Kenny
© PG Music Forums