PG Music Home
Posted By: RnAM THE BANSHEE - 05/13/17 09:03 PM

My mother passed away almost two years ago. Due to circumstances in my youth I didn't have much contact with her anymore.
Arising issues about what she left in her house led to conflicts with my younger brother with whom I even had less contact.
This inspired me to write this song. I combined this theme with the well known Banshee legend.
The real star of this song is the Embertone Arcane Kontakt plugin.
You'll hear her throughout the song.
For the intro I time stretched her down for about 90% to get that real witchy effect.

Anne-Marie (who also did a co-write on the lyrics) created a very atmospheric video for this.

Hope you like it, any comments are welcome.

Rob

Song specifics:

Style is C_JETHRO.STY (Jethro Bluegrass)
GuitarCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
StringsCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
Style MIDI Instruments are : Clean Electric Guit (28), Brass Section (62),
1153:Bass, Electric, Reggae Ev16 100
380:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Syncopated Sugar Ev 102
1697:Pedal Steel, Rhythm CountryDrivin8ths Ev 150
1412:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticHornpipe Sw16 070
Female Voices: Kontakt Embertone Arcane free instrument

Posted By: Scott C Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/13/17 10:14 PM
What a cool song. Awesome intro. Effects were very cool. Loved this tune.. Super vocal and lyric..
Posted By: Al-David Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/13/17 10:54 PM
Rob * Anne-Marie,

Wow, what a really great song. Love that bass line!

The music supports the lyric perfectly. That Cajun-sounding fiddle was great. All the effects were perfect ... not too much but just enough. Great lyric and production. As always, your voice is magnificent. Anne-Marie's video was great! Everything about this is top shel.

I (Alan) also do not have a close relationship with most of my family. Makes me sad sometimes. Wishing you both the very best,

Alan & Di
Posted By: Robertkc Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/13/17 10:58 PM
Rob,
Atmosphere with a jaunty celtic beat - very creative! The background voice is great and even without your backstory the feeling of menace and mystery comes through in your voice.
Excellent video images are a bonus.

Robert
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/14/17 03:08 AM
A truly excellent write Rob & Anne-Marie, and the video production is outstanding.

You have really captured the intended feel, and both the Embertone Arcane plugin and the inclusion of the fiddle gave the song sensational dimension.

Thoroughly enjoyed this.
Posted By: RichMac Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/14/17 04:14 AM
Great everything. Much enjoyed. Cheers.
Posted By: PeterF Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/14/17 05:18 AM
Rob & Ann-Marie

Quality throughout - great song, great video, wonderfully entertaining.
Brilliant.

Peter
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/14/17 07:25 AM
All of the elements you added are so effective in supporting the storyline. This is such a well crafted piece. The video completes the total package of a great presentation. Very professional. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie
Posted By: floyd jane Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/14/17 08:55 AM
Rob & Anne-Marie,

Beautifully done. A gripping write.

Excellent vocals, arrangement, mix.

Terrific video.

fj
Posted By: tommyad Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/14/17 10:04 AM
RnAM, Those are some compelling lyrics. A fine write. Fantastic arrangement and production along with a fine vocal make this a great listen. Tom
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/14/17 04:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Rob * Anne-Marie,

Wow, what a really great song. Love that bass line!

The music supports the lyric perfectly. That Cajun-sounding fiddle was great. All the effects were perfect ... not too much but just enough. Great lyric and production. As always, your voice is magnificent. Anne-Marie's video was great! Everything about this is top shel.

I (Alan) also do not have a close relationship with most of my family. Makes me sad sometimes. Wishing you both the very best,

Alan & Di

I agree!! Very, very well done!! I love Embertone-I have the cello which is amazing. I wish I were a better programmer. Great job on this!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/14/17 08:52 PM
Rob/Anne-Marie, everything about this is professional! The song, performance and production demands appreciation and respect! You always do very good work and this is another example! I wish that I had half the skill with video production that you do. Thanks, Torrey.
Posted By: gruverider Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/15/17 02:33 AM
I love the vibe and groove! Wonderful write, performance and production!

It ended far too soon.
Posted By: rsdean Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/15/17 07:56 AM
Rob,

Outstanding song and video - loved the storyline and production.
Posted By: 44kfl Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/15/17 10:24 AM
Sounds great!

super production, great vocals and the video was cool

enjoyed

Kenny
Posted By: RnAM Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/16/17 12:42 PM
Thank you Scott, that is appreciated!

Rob
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/16/17 01:48 PM
This is fantastic RnAM! Really quite fond of the intro vocal, quite chilling indeed! Well done! smile
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/16/17 02:11 PM
Wow! That is a fascinating production. The way those RT's work together would never be assumed from just reading the list. Amazing. Your vocal and the vocal effects are right in the pocket working so well with the lyric and melody. And, as anticipated the video is another of your examples as to how an audio production can be enhanced via video.

You two have such a wide breadth of talent and it all shines with this.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: animarorecords Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/18/17 03:07 AM
Hello, Rob and Anne-Marie

Very cool song! Super production.
The Embertone Arcane Kontakt plugin is very nice.
It makes a really great contribution to bring out the atmosphere to the song.
Your vocal is very great as usual.
The melody has an old C&W feel a little bit,
The guitar chords at the Intro. (Abm6 - Eb7b9) are very effective.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: RnAM Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/18/17 10:09 AM
Thank you Al & Di,

Your comments are appreciated as always!

Al,
Sorry to hear that you don't have much relations left with your family either. In some families that's just how it goes. Apparently it doesn't matter whether you were close when you were very young (we were us kids) or not.
My brothers and sisters still have contact with one another.
However all of this is not a problem for me in any way. I've always been the exception/black sheep/not really understood etc. kind of person in our family. Oh I know, this must sound like a terrible cliché tired but in fact it is true.

Also, you don't get to pick your family in a way you choose your friends.
I found out years ago that a good partner and good friends (there don't have to be many) are the only things that really count for me.

Rob

Posted By: RnAM Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/18/17 08:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Rob,
Atmosphere with a jaunty celtic beat - very creative! The background voice is great and even without your backstory the feeling of menace and mystery comes through in your voice.
Excellent video images are a bonus.

Robert

Thanks Robert, much appreciated!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/19/17 07:50 PM
Rob and Anne-Marie,

What an opening!

This is such a mesmerising tale and presented with an equally mesmerising musical production and visual display.

The write is incredibly strong. From start to end, I was wholeheartedly there within story and the music. The arranging and the production are outstanding. And Rob, your singing, is incredible. You sing flawlessly in English. No-one would know that you aren't a local American. Anne-Marie your and Rob's lyrics combine with your video to charm the listener and capture them with a spell... absolutely stunning work.

Everything about this is as good as it gets. It seriously is! I really, really enjoyed the journey this morning.

Best regards to you both,
Noel
Posted By: David Snyder Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/20/17 09:53 AM
Hi there Rob and Anne-Marie, I agree with Floyd, I would this to be "very gripping" and the production as always was excellent.

I would have liked to have seen the lyrics. Maybe I just overlooked them somewhere. I will look again.

Great song.
Posted By: RnAM Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/20/17 09:04 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
A truly excellent write Rob & Anne-Marie, and the video production is outstanding.

You have really captured the intended feel, and both the Embertone Arcane plugin and the inclusion of the fiddle gave the song sensational dimension.

Thoroughly enjoyed this.

Thank you Trevor, much appreciated!
Posted By: RnAM Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/21/17 03:04 PM
Thank you Peter and Rich!
Comments are definitely appreciated.

Rob
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/21/17 03:10 PM
Nice one, mooiman ... F
Posted By: dani48 Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/21/17 07:47 PM
Hi, Rob and Anne-Marie !

This must be one of your
absolute best writes and
productions ! I am full
of awe with regards to
this production !
Also, AM:s solo parts
sound just as haunting
as it should with regards
to the storyline !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: RnAM Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/22/17 07:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
All of the elements you added are so effective in supporting the storyline. This is such a well crafted piece. The video completes the total package of a great presentation. Very professional. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Rob & Anne-Marie,

Beautifully done. A gripping write.

Excellent vocals, arrangement, mix.

Terrific video.

fj

Thanks Charlie and Floyd. We always appreciate your comments!
Posted By: ROG Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/23/17 12:54 PM
Hi Rob.

Bit late to this one - nearly missed it. You're still managing to change style with every post I listen to!

Excellent offering, here, well up to your usual high standard.

Great track, excellent vocals and the whole thing enhanced by the super story-line and video.

Enjoyed everything about it.

ROG.
Posted By: RnAM Re: THE BANSHEE - 05/23/17 07:04 PM
Thank you.....

Tommy, Greg, Torrey, Lawrence, Bob, Kenny, Joe, J&B, Shigeki, Noel, David, Fiddler ("mooiman"......, are you Dutch?), Dani and ROG.

Your comments are really appreciated!

Rob and Anne-Marie
© PG Music Forums