PG Music Home
Posted By: pab Tender Loving - 05/24/17 01:57 PM
https://soundcloud.com/user-100559745/tender-loving

Well this is my very first post so please bare with me. Making music and performing no problem. When using the computer I'm not that talented. Tender Loving is a song that I wrote and put together totally in 2015 Band In A Box. Then I loaded the tracks into ProTools to add my vocals and mix it.
I'm retired and live in Florida. I fronted my own band in Milwaukee Wisconsin for 30 years. Lots of recording and styles over the years. Check out pbarrymusic for more. Any comments positive or constructive negative will be appreciated.
Thanks
Paul Barry
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Tender Loving - 05/24/17 02:20 PM
Hi Pab, welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing! Really funky and fun vibe on this. Had me toe tappin' in no time! Well done! smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Tender Loving - 05/25/17 09:03 AM
Paul,

Welcome to the Showcase!

Nice upbeat song. Terrific energy to the vocals. The BAND works well.

Good mix of the instrument bed. There are a few times when the main vocal could be just a little louder. Drums are nicely mixed.

An enjoyable listen.

floyd
Posted By: tommyad Re: Tender Loving - 05/25/17 10:54 AM
Paul, Sounds great. A super first post. I think you've got a pretty good handle on things already. I enjoyed my listen, Tom
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Tender Loving - 05/25/17 12:40 PM
Paul, I liked it from the very first note.

Great vocal, although maybe if could come more to the front. The vocals are good but sit back a little too much.

Excellent choice of style.

All around this is a really great effort.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Tender Loving - 05/25/17 03:36 PM
Paul,
A very high energy song that grabbed me right away. Production sounds good. I agree with others about that little tweak in volume on your fine vocal performance.
Excellent first song post!

Robert
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Tender Loving - 05/25/17 08:30 PM
Welcome to the forum!! Cool song-great vibe and great energy! Everything sounds good but the vocal is a bit buried, and maybe could use a bit more high mids. Looking forward to more! Take care. Greg
Posted By: pab Re: Tender Loving - 05/25/17 09:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome and taking the time to give the song a listen. What part of Florida? We're in The Villages about an hour north of Orlando. Moved there because of the live music. They have free live music on three different stages in the complex 365 days a year. Listened to my mix and agree the vocals could be more up front.
Posted By: pab Re: Tender Loving - 05/25/17 09:10 PM
Thanks for listening. Just getting started but hope I'm going in the right direction.
Posted By: pab Re: Tender Loving - 05/25/17 09:18 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words. Seems to be a consensus that the vocals could have been more up front. And after I listened again I have to agree. Thanks for the feedback. Australia, I'd really like to visit.
Posted By: pab Re: Tender Loving - 05/25/17 09:24 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Going to give the vocals a remix and see how it sounds. I appreciate your input.
Posted By: pab Re: Tender Loving - 05/25/17 09:26 PM
Thanks Greg for the welcome. Going to give the vocals a remix and see how it sounds. I appreciate your input.
Posted By: pab Re: Tender Loving - 05/25/17 09:32 PM
Thanks Greg for the welcome. Going to remix the vocals and see how it sounds. Got a lot more songs that I'm working on. Looking forward to posting some of them.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Tender Loving - 06/03/17 06:58 PM
Welcome aboard. Great first post!

Sounds super on our KRK's

Enjoyed it...

J&B
Posted By: Al-David Re: Tender Loving - 06/07/17 05:47 PM
Hi Paul,

Well, we listened to this over on SOundcloud and left you a comment there, but it seems we forgot to come back here and leave a word or two. See what happens when you get into your 70s!

We loved this! This is a real cool song. Your voice is perfectly suited for the genre and you really shine. The BIAB backing tracks sound terrific - good choice of tracks!

Cool song! Thanks for a great listen ...

Alan & Di
Posted By: RnAM Re: Tender Loving - 06/08/17 09:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi Pab, welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing! Really funky and fun vibe on this. Had me toe tappin' in no time! Well done! smile

We agree with Joe, this sure is funky!
Nicely done.

Rob & Anne-Marie
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Tender Loving - 06/08/17 10:22 AM
This is a good song and as others noted, a great fit to your fine vocals. Enjoyed this from start to finish. Looking to hearing more from you soon.

Charlie
Posted By: Scott C Re: Tender Loving - 06/09/17 07:58 AM
Very cool track. Super vocal.
Welcome to the forum..
Posted By: edshaw Re: Tender Loving - 06/09/17 10:15 PM
Very cool track.
You sure squeeze a lot of qualities out of Band in a Box !
What are the principles of getting the vocals to punch through the band in that remix? I mean, besides just turning up the volume?
I find myself straining to pick out the words, then stop and think, maybe in that genre, literal discernment is not the point. Dunno.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Tender Loving - 06/10/17 03:34 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Paul,

Welcome to the Showcase!

Nice upbeat song. Terrific energy to the vocals. The BAND works well.

Good mix of the instrument bed. There are a few times when the main vocal could be just a little louder. Drums are nicely mixed.

An enjoyable listen.

floyd

Agreed! Welcome to the forum. Great piece of music. As Floyd said, the vocal level is a bit uneven. Maybe some compression and verb to smooth it. Has a real live sound and great energy! Very well done!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Tender Loving - 06/11/17 11:25 PM
Newbie or not, I really liked this a lot.

Great instrumental, keyboard, guitars, mix, vocals, everything.

Extremely well done.
© PG Music Forums