PG Music Home
Posted By: Charlie McG It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/29/17 09:11 AM
Haven't posted a song in a while. This is an original I just finished. Any comments about the mix/master is appreciated.

It's All Catching Up With Me Now
Posted By: Al-David Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/29/17 09:20 AM
Hey Charlie,

Don't think we've listened to you before. Nice to "meet" ya!

As far as your questions, we don't hear anything in the mic that needs to be changed. Everything is in perfect balance and in the right spot. The vocal harmony is great. And loved that ending - we didn't expect that! everything seems fine.

There's a lot of truth in your lyric. But, of course, at 25 years of age, "later" is so far away you don't ever expect it to catch up with you. And then it does! Real nice lyric - love the internal rhymes.

We enjoyed this a lot. Wishing you the best.

Alan & Di
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/29/17 09:43 AM
Very catchy song and a nice production. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie
Posted By: rsdean Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/29/17 09:47 AM
Charlie,

Something we can all relate to... smile Great song, vocal and production. Really enjoyed it.

Bob
Posted By: tommyad Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/29/17 10:04 AM
Charlie, Really catchy! Great surprise ending. Well written,sung and arranged. I can surely relate to the lyrics. Enjoyed my listen. Tom
Posted By: David Snyder Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/29/17 10:31 AM
Charlie,

Great classic country with a great hook.

This is the kind of song they used to write.

I really enjoyed it! Post more!!

smile
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/29/17 11:08 AM
Everything works on my monitors. Nice soundstage.

Like Tom mentioned the surprise ending is cool and effective.

Enjoyed it!
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/29/17 11:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Charlie McG
Any comments about the mix/master is appreciated.

Well done on this one.
Nothing is jumping out that needs fixing on my end.
Well written lyrics, good hook and your vocal works just fine.

Good write....
Posted By: Scott C Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/29/17 11:26 AM
Very strong lyric. Draws you into the tune. Excellent vocal and backtrack
Posted By: Noel96 Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/29/17 03:48 PM
Charlie,

It's good to see you back with a song! I really enjoyed this one. Thanks for posting it.

To my ears, everything sits neatly together and creates an excellent sound. I always enjoy your lyrics. You have a flair for bringing a few smiles along with the music journey.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Charlie McG Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/29/17 04:19 PM
Al-David, nice to meet you as well. Thanks a lot for listening and all those nice compliments.

Charlie Fogle, thanks a lot for listening and your comments.

rsdean, thanks. Glad you liked it.

tommyad, thank you very much.

David Snyder, thanks for listening and your comments.

Janice & Bud, thank you.

chulaivet1966, thanks a lot.

Scott C, thank you very much.

Noel96, hello again. Thanks for listening and your comments.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/29/17 05:07 PM
A good write, Charlie. (seems to be "retirement song month" smile ). Clever.

Catchy. Well put together. Excellent mix. Enjoyed it.

floyd
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/29/17 06:42 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
(seems to be "retirement song month" smile ). Clever.

Ha...good catch....isn't every month? smile

I couldn't resit....back to topic.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/30/17 09:28 PM
Lots of fun!! Very well done in every way. Mix sounds great to me!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/30/17 10:26 PM
Charlie, you preached some hardcore truth in this one! Your vocal performance in the chorus was great! Loved that ending also! Thanks, Torrey.
Posted By: rayc Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 05/30/17 10:37 PM
Fun track. The vocals are either too far forward or there's a mismatch between them and the reverb/room of the rest.
Posted By: Charlie McG Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 06/28/17 02:43 PM
Floyd, thanks a lot for your comments.

Gregg, thanks for listening and your comments.

rayc, thanks for your comments and will take them into consideration.
Posted By: Charlie McG Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 06/28/17 02:45 PM
Also, I added a video for the song. If you get a chance give it a look. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kemWrYpZwJM
Posted By: musiclover Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 06/28/17 03:28 PM
Brilliant stuff Charlie, good video too, big fan of your Youtube channel, have to say the "Money" song of yours is my favourite lots of fun but has a real message as well.

Great job.

Musiclover

Posted By: 44kfl Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 06/28/17 11:29 PM
Sounds great,

maybe like a modern day Jerry Jeff,

clever write, glad that you didn't complete that line

when I was young and dumb...

good to see another Texan here, tho I'm in PA now,

I lived many years in and around Corpus Christi

enjoyed it,

Kenny
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 06/29/17 01:02 AM
Charlie,

Great to hear from you again! I was kind of hoping this would be one of those audio-visual projects you do so well... but I wasn't disappointed by your song without a video! I thought your lyrics were very clever and highly relatable!

Beyond the lyrics, I thought the tune itself was catchy, easy to like, and a real foot-tapper! I enjoyed the ending. You clearly put some thought into this project, and it shows.

update: After reading through the thread, I see you DID create a video for the song! AWESOME! I find your videos to be well done and creatively inspiring! You were one of the first people here on the forum to start making videos for your songs... and now that many people are doing it, yours are still among the best! Keep up the good work!
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 06/30/17 04:27 AM
Your rock Charlie.

Another catchy tune brother.

Hope you are well. Keep on rocking.
Wow, Charlie! What a tune! Right from the get go, this is engaging and ear catching. A fantastically catchy song, most definitely smile Thanks so much for sharing! I could absolutely hear this being on the radio.
Posted By: Charlie McG Re: It's All Catching Up With Me Now - 06/30/17 01:44 PM
Musiclover, Money is one of my favs as well. Thanks a lot.

44kfl, thanks for listening and your comments. I'm north of Corpus Christi close to Oklahoma and Arkansas.

Pat, thanks so much for your critique. You are great at that. Good to hear from you.

Trax, hope you are well also. Good to hear from you and thanks a lot.

Deryk, thanks so much for those kind words. Radio is welcome to the song. But I feel I probably dated myself with the lyrics and as Sonny Throckmorton said, "But old folks and old oaks Standing tall just pretend."
© PG Music Forums