PG Music Home
Posted By: jannesan The Law Of Attraction - 07/13/17 12:08 PM
The Law Of Attraction

I have already submitted this song to the latest Xtra Styles Contest, but I would like to share it also on this forum. Hopefully you'll get interested in the contest - there are already several great songs participating.

This song has a kind of a new age message - by thinking positively, positive things happen in your life. I wrote this song in 2009 and it has been available as a Vocaloid version for some time, but now that I got Miira to sing it (she also contributed to the lyrics), I made a new mix using the Xtra Style _HEROIC.STY (Heroic Modern Pedal Steel Ballad) from Xtra Styles PAK 3 with the help of some additional RealTracks and sound effects.

Style : _HEROIC.STY
RealTracks in style: 518:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 2825:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryPopMike12-key Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 542:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dreamy Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 2667:Pedal Steel, Background DreamySingleNote Ev 075
RealDrums in style: PopRock8ths^01-a:Closed Hat, Snare, b:Open Hat, Snare

Additional RealTrack instruments:

Electric Guitar #1684
Acoustic Guitar #364
SynthBell #2265
Sax #403?
Fiddle #624?

Vocals: Miira

Mixed in Adobe Audition 2017

Lyrics:

You have to believe in yourself
you need to be the starlet of your show
the goal is to glow like Saint Lucia
now it's time for you to know.

you have to ascend from the shades
you need to be a candle in the night
the path is to ask what portrays your soul
diamonds that cast your inner light.

Learn the power in the law of attraction
feel the universe, its energies within
desire the life you really wish to have
and your dreams shall come shining in.

You have to believe in yourself
strive for the skyline, don't dwell in what is gone
to win is to bring positivity
feel the golden crown of the sun.

[chorus]

You have to emerge from the grief
you need to be a prism spreading joy
the high is to smile, then your heart receives
the spirit no-one can destroy.

[chorus]

The law of attraction
The law of attraction
know, ask and feel
learn to be
open to receive.

--------
Janne
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/13/17 04:49 PM
Thanks for sharing, jannesan! I really like the atmospheric vibe of this one smile It reminds me of certain Bjork songs, or maybe a bit of Portishead. Very unique and captivating vocals. Plus, it's amazing how a backtrack like that can much such a world of difference! Thanks so much for sharing, best of luck in the contest!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/13/17 06:22 PM

This is really super cool. I like everything you did with the arrangement and the use of the extra styles was great.

Excellent production.

Best of luck with the contest!!!

smile
Posted By: jannesan Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/14/17 04:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Thanks for sharing, jannesan! I really like the atmospheric vibe of this one smile It reminds me of certain Bjork songs, or maybe a bit of Portishead. Very unique and captivating vocals. Plus, it's amazing how a backtrack like that can much such a world of difference! Thanks so much for sharing, best of luck in the contest!

Thanks Deryk for your kind comment smile Interesting references to Bjork and Portishead, I like them both, maybe I should have used some other style with loops to get the song sound even more like them. Glad to hear you find the vocals captivating smile

Janne
Posted By: rsdean Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/14/17 05:38 PM
Janne,

This is really excellent. Love what you did with the style and the mix is outstanding.

Bob
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/14/17 05:45 PM
"You have to emerge from the grief; you need to be a prism spreading joy."

I love this part of the song in particular. It's a nice reminder to us to rise above our sadness and to keep being hopeful or optimistic. At least that's how I perceived it!

The sound of the song was more mellow than I was expecting with the name, at least at first. Then a more sultry side came out when I heard the sax. It was a really great touch.

Thank you for sharing.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/14/17 09:20 PM
Hi Janne, really loved this one. Great chord progression and choice of instruments. Terrific vocals.

Mike B.
Posted By: jannesan Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/15/17 02:57 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This is really super cool. I like everything you did with the arrangement and the use of the extra styles was great.
Excellent production.
Best of luck with the contest!!!
smile

Thanks David for your super cool comment smile And thanks for the wishes. And thanks to BIAB for the greatest instrument ever created for a songwriter!

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/15/17 03:01 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Janne,
This is really excellent. Love what you did with the style and the mix is outstanding.
Bob

Thanks Bob for your comment, I appreciate your kind words smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/16/17 04:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
"You have to emerge from the grief; you need to be a prism spreading joy."
I love this part of the song in particular. It's a nice reminder to us to rise above our sadness and to keep being hopeful or optimistic. At least that's how I perceived it!
The sound of the song was more mellow than I was expecting with the name, at least at first. Then a more sultry side came out when I heard the sax. It was a really great touch.
Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Ember for your kind words, especially mentioning that lyric part, I'm glad you liked it blush I hope my words work as a prism, at least to someone.

Yeah, that sax is fantastic. The original melody didn't fit Miira's vocal range, so I was scared I would have to re-generate the sax if I transpose the song and it wouldn't be as good. Luckily, only one note had to be changed, and no transpose was needed.

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/16/17 04:03 PM
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Hi Janne, really loved this one. Great chord progression and choice of instruments. Terrific vocals.

Mike B.

Thanks Mike for your positive feedback smile This is one of my favorite compositions, especially because of the chord progression, so I'm really happy you mentioned it blush

Janne
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/16/17 04:27 PM
Hi Janne,

This is really excellent work. Super chord progression, mix, and vocal. What took it over the top for me were the lyrics---Outstanding!
Posted By: Al-David Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/17/17 08:21 AM
HI Janne,

Really cool song! Love the atmospheric sound. And the vocal is splendid! Very enjoyable listen. Nice work!

Alan
Posted By: RnAM Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/17/17 08:33 AM
Very nice Janne and Miira. Sort of reminds us of Dido couple of years back.
Good luck with the contest!

Rob & Anne-Marie
Posted By: jannesan Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/17/17 04:28 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Hi Janne,

This is really excellent work. Super chord progression, mix, and vocal. What took it over the top for me were the lyrics---Outstanding!

Thanks Mario for your very kind words smile The lyrics were originally written to be a new year's uplift, so I understand it took over the top for you crazy

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/17/17 04:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
HI Janne,

Really cool song! Love the atmospheric sound. And the vocal is splendid! Very enjoyable listen. Nice work!

Alan

Thanks Alan for your kind words smile I'm glad you liked the vocal! All the best to you and Di, I'm listening to Through It All right now, wonderful song smile

Janne
Posted By: animarorecords Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/17/17 09:52 PM
Hello, Janne and Miira

Very nice song.
The chord progression is really pleasant as usual.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Good luck for the contest.
Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/18/17 05:20 AM
Janne

A particularly beautiful song, with interesting chord structures.

The vocals are quite appealing.

Good luck with the competition entry.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/18/17 12:54 PM
The thing that impresses me about this is....well.....EVERYTHING!! Vocal is just beautiful. Love the ambient arrangement. The chord changes are so incredibly cool-so fresh and original. Sax solo works beautifully. This is a HOME RUN!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: jannesan Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/18/17 04:10 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Very nice Janne and Miira. Sort of reminds us of Dido couple of years back.
Good luck with the contest!

Rob & Anne-Marie

Thanks Rob and Anne-Marie, luck is needed wink I remember Dido, interesting reference.

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/18/17 04:16 PM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords

Very nice song.
The chord progression is really pleasant as usual.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.
Good luck for the contest.
Best regards.
Shigeki Adachi

Thank you Shigeki for your wishes smile I'm glad you enjoyed my song and the chords, always pleasant to get your kind feedback smile

Janne
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/19/17 12:56 AM
Some great complex lyrics.
Nice production.
Rob
Posted By: jannesan Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/20/17 02:07 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
A particularly beautiful song, with interesting chord structures.
The vocals are quite appealing.
Good luck with the competition entry.

Thanks Videotrack for your kind words, and for yet another mention of the chord structure smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/20/17 02:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
The thing that impresses me about this is....well.....EVERYTHING!! Vocal is just beautiful. Love the ambient arrangement. The chord changes are so incredibly cool-so fresh and original. Sax solo works beautifully. This is a HOME RUN!!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg for everything blush So very kind words about the chord changes, thanks, chord structure is probably the biggest reason I consider this song one of my best. And also the sax solo, but that's of course created by my everlasting companion, BIAB wink

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: The Law Of Attraction - 07/20/17 02:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Some great complex lyrics.
Nice production.
Rob

Thanks Rob, I appreciate your kind feedback smile

Janne
© PG Music Forums