PG Music Home
Posted By: David Snyder Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/19/17 12:34 PM
My lovely wife Gayle joined me for backing vocals (soprano and alto) for the Americana Xyra Styles 3 contest submission, done with the Seclude Style.

This song is dedicated to all my friends and besties on the Forum and elsewhere who have been going through some bumpy times lately. Hang in there peeps. Keep the faith.

Keep on Rising
Performed By David and Gayle Snyder

https://soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel/keep-on-rising

V1

The preacher said it and I know it’s true
I got a mansion up in the blue
While I’m here, I’ll be like you, mama
Every day I’ll do what I have to do

CH

Gonna keep on rising, up into the sky
Gonna keep on rising, ‘til the day we die
Don’t ask me how, don’t ask me why
Gonna keep on rising to the sweet bye and bye
Sweet bye and bye

V2

This world is broken, but we’re still alive
And the Lord has promised we will survive
A man of faith, he doesn’t need any alibis
He’ll look his maker in the eye, his maker knows how hard he tries

CH:

Bridge:

And you can’t break me down
Cause I can hear in my heart that trumpet sound
And you can’t break me down
Cause I’m praying now, on Holy Ground

CH:

Gonna keep on rising, up into the sky
Gonna keep on rising, ‘til the day we die
Don’t ask me how, don’t ask me why
Gonna keep on rising to the sweet bye and bye
Sweet bye and bye

All music and lyrics copyright 2017 by David Snyder/ASCAP/Day of Faith Records

Lead Vocals, David Snyder, Alto and Soprano Vocals, Gayle Snyder

Song: Keep on Rising 2:58

Style is _SECLUDE.STY (Seclude Dramatic Newgrass)

RealTracks in style: 2421:Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySlapBoomChicka Ev16 100
RealTracks in style: 2458:Strings, Rhythm CelticWaltz Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 623:Banjo, Background Backporch Ev 098
RealTracks in style: 1765:Guitar, High-Strung Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop16ths Ev16 085
RealDrums in style: PopAmericanEv^1-a:SS 1/2 BB, b:Snare Half BB

Bravo, David! Right off the bat, those banjos are addictive - the vocal delivery on this is incredibly suiting to this sort of style smile I could absolutely imagine hearing this on the radio! Thanks so much for sharing, you should be proud of this one!
Posted By: rsdean Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/19/17 01:23 PM
David,

This has the secret sauce...EXCELLENT!

Great song and production - love the combination of your voices.

Bob
Wow, wow, wow! I love the banjos so much in this one! I feel like banjos don't get the recognition they deserve, much like the accordion! There are so many great instruments out there that people just overlook.

Excellent use of the styles! <3 And lovely touch to have your wife sing with you!
Posted By: Paul Haynes Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/19/17 02:45 PM
I enjoyed your up tempo song especially the lyrics.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/19/17 04:46 PM
Cool style - and you wrote a super song to use it on... one of those songs that seems like it has been around forever like an old favorite...

Nice to have Gayle join you. (I thought her vocals needed more reverb to set them back some - they seem dry compared to yours).

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me...

fj
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/19/17 05:55 PM
This is a great Americana song!

love the flow and feel

love the blending of the voices of you and Gayle

sounds like a winner to me

enjoyed the listen

Kenny
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/20/17 08:43 AM
Nice one David, enjoyed the listen! You should have Gayle sing with you more often, worked well I thought.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/21/17 01:44 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Cool style - and you wrote a super song to use it on... one of those songs that seems like it has been around forever like an old favorite...

Nice to have Gayle join you. (I thought her vocals needed more reverb to set them back some - they seem dry compared to yours).

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me...

fj

I agree!! It does sound like an instant classic. Has that authentic feel. Nice job both of you!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/21/17 07:08 PM
Good job you too.
Nice production.
Rob
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/22/17 11:05 AM
Hey Thanks Kenny! I am really glad you enjoyed it!!
Posted By: dani48 Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/22/17 05:48 PM
Hi, David

I really like this
tune of yours very much !
It has such a haunting beat
and groove !

So nicely performed by
you and Gayle !

Congratulations to both
of you !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: RnAM Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/22/17 09:38 PM
David and Gayle,

Picture us after a day's hard work in Anne-Marie's garden and then finally getting back inside for a warm cup of coffee.
And then..... turning on the computer like we always do, even log in to the PG page.
And then..... just by sheer coincidence happened to click on the song you guys just posted.
And then..... we picture how the two of you doing this thing together, enjoying every minute of it.

Well, we have to say it shows!
Very nice work guys!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Scott C Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/23/17 08:58 AM
I also loved the tempo of the tune. Super vocal and harmony. Kudos to Gayle. Well done..
Posted By: gruverider Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/24/17 06:51 PM
Wonderful groove. Love that Bass. It has such a lovely tone.

Sweet uplifting song!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/25/17 05:26 AM
David,

This is a great groove. I love the way the chord progression moves between major and minor. It's terrific to hear Gayle, too! You're quite a team.

As I said on Soundcloud, from start to finish this is an excellent journey.

It's enthusiastic thumbs up from me... both of them!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/25/17 10:47 AM
Oh yeah! If you get that rise thing going then keep the momentum up...it can be elusive.

Y'all done good and we enjoyed the results! Wonderful choice of RT's for the lyric and vocals.

J&B
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/30/17 05:10 PM
Thanks Dave!! Gayle really appreciated that--and so we did!!!

Thanks a million!

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/30/17 05:10 PM

Thanks Greg!! That really means a lot to both of us!!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/30/17 05:11 PM
Thank you Rob!!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/30/17 05:11 PM
Thanks Dani!! I am so glad you enjoyed this!!

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 07/30/17 05:12 PM
Thanks Rob and Marie! I was going to do something else really weird and oddball, but I thought I was just try and sooth your nerves this time!!

smile

This is one of your best for me.
Very well performed. Excellent the banjo and vocal.

Sergio
Posted By: Al-David Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 08/01/17 07:48 AM
Hi David and Gayle,

Love this! You guys are so creative. We never know what to expect when we click onto one of your songs but we know it's gonna be danged good!

I don't know if you're familiar with Roni Stoneman but this sounds a lot like something she might have done back in the mid to late 1960s. She had a fabulous cut of "In The Early Morning Rain" about 1967 and ten seconds into this that was what crossed our minds.

The music is perfect fro the uplifting message. This is terrific in almost every way we can think of. Thanks for the musical treat!

Alan & Di
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 08/06/17 10:47 AM
Hey Scott,

Thanks so much for your feedback on this! I am really glad you like it. Been loving your new songs as well.

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 08/06/17 10:48 AM
Thanks Gruverider! That was very "sweet" of you to say!

smile

I have been enjoying your work of late a great deal as well. Keep it up man!!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 08/08/17 08:53 PM
Thank you Noel! Your comments are always so uplifting. Gayle and I had a really good time with this and we are so glad you liked it.

Thanks for your words. They really made her day! (And secretly, mine too.)

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 08/08/17 08:54 PM
Thanks Janice and Bud!

Well we keep trying to rise. It's hard, but I stopped delivery of the paper and that's making it somewhat easier to sing a happy song.

smile
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 08/13/17 04:42 PM
"A man of faith, he doesn’t need any alibis" What a great line David! That one really rang a bell for me. Another great tune from you! Good to hear your wife singing with you! T
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Keep On Rising_Americana Submission - 08/13/17 04:52 PM

Thanks Torrey! Bob D was over hear looking for this 1957 Hummingbird and he said that by accident and I stole it.

smile

No seriously, thank you so much and I so glad you liked it!
© PG Music Forums