PG Music Home
Posted By: Chris37 Le guitariste - 07/26/17 12:44 PM
Hi all,
Here's a french song in a gypsy jazz style.
The lyrics are telling the story of a guitarist before, during and after his concerts.

RD GypsyJazzSw
RT 768 Acoustic Bass
RT 1210 Acoustic Guitar
RT 1790 Banjo
RT 1213 Solo Acoustic Guitar
RT 1207 Fiddle

https://soundcloud.com/christian-devienne/le-guitariste
Posted By: Scott C Re: Le guitariste - 07/26/17 01:10 PM
Very cool song. Was able to translate bits and pieces of your lyrics via my Grade 9 French lessons. Excellent vocal and the backtrack had a very neat feel to it. I thought almost 1920 bounce to it. Well done
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Le guitariste - 07/26/17 03:36 PM
What a tune! I love the bounce to it, it reminds me of something you would hear in a film. It's certainly cinematic smile Had my head swaying in my seat!

Thanks for sharing, Chris!
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Le guitariste - 07/26/17 07:57 PM
Something about a well presented French song.
Very creative tune that develops lots of light and shade.
Great production. More please.
Rob
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Le guitariste - 07/28/17 02:00 AM
Hello, Chris

Very Cool!
Fusion of chanson and gypsy jazz is really wonderful.
I love your vocal.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: bluage Re: Le guitariste - 07/29/17 02:58 AM
"Chris37"...

There is something so implacably swinging about a gypsy jazz rhythm that my heart wants to beat to it! I feel silly sitting down listening to it when I know I should be up on my feet dancing to it.

I don't speak French, so I cut and pasted your lyrics into a French-to-English translator on the Internet, which hinted at, but didn't completely make sense of them.

Would you know of a translation website that could more cleanly interpret your lyrics? If not, could you post them here, in English?

Regardless, it was clear that you were telling a story worth listening to!

Sincerely,

LOREN

P.S. After "Le Guitariste" I listened to "Always Looking for the Blue Note" and "Slow Waltz for A Piano". Your style of jazz composition and performing is atmospheric and wistful, as though they were little musical dramas. Short, sweet, and swinging!
Posted By: Chris37 Re: Le guitariste - 07/29/17 04:32 AM
Thanks for your comments !
Loren, it's not easy for me to translate all the lyrics because my English is not good enough. In this song, there are typically french terms... I can explain some words :
mediator = guitar pick
caboche = head
coltard = between wake-up and sleep
fĂȘtard = partygoer
faire un carton = to please the public.........
Posted By: bluage Re: Le guitariste - 08/02/17 04:22 AM
Dear "Chris37"...

Thank you for providing the meaning of some of the words in your song, "Le Guitariste."

Actually, since I posted my comment I have enlisted the services of someone who speaks French to translate the rest of lyrics.

I look forward to listening to more of your particular brand of "le jazz hot!"

Sincerely,

LOREN
Posted By: Yorkshireknight Re: Le guitariste - 08/02/17 06:46 AM
Bonjour Chris,
Wonderful tune and production. My French vocabulary has long since left me and so I understood very little. blush However, It goes to prove music has no language bariers if we like a tune we like it, the vocals are another instrument to which you played very well and I enjoyed the vibe from start to finish.
The tune in parts reminded me a little of Walt Disneys the Aristocrats.........sorry AristoCats, (these Parisienne felines kept thier tails)lol wink
bien joué
Paul
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Le guitariste - 08/06/17 10:21 PM
Christian, I don't understand the words but I love this song!! It's a highly enjoyable listen! Good job! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Le guitariste - 08/08/17 06:34 PM
Great gypsy jazz! We had the privilege of playing for years for a friend who was an outstanding fiddler and he loved this style.

Well done!

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: Le guitariste - 08/08/17 07:56 PM
Christian

A very nice atmospheric composition well produced and sung. Nice work.

Peter
© PG Music Forums