PG Music Home
Posted By: Rob4580 # New and Improved# Captain Arnold's Liquor - 08/12/17 09:24 PM
Hi all. I have this song listed over at the XtraStyles comp.
This is the improved version.
Its about a fictitious snake oil salesman.
All comments welcome.
Rob Captain Arnold,s Liquer

Hey come on down the fair ground I have cure for you its bound to stop you wheezing and take the stubborn from your mule.
Ive cured a thousand ailments no need to wonder why heal the hole up in a needle and chase your hog from the stye.

..............................................................................................................................................................
It'll cure you from lumbago and fix the palsy too chase the pox right off your chickens and cure a raging flue.
Its something quite affordable its Captain Arnold's liquor and its new.
.................................................................................................................................

No need to ask me question for I would never lie swear an oath on my old mothers if I waver she should die.
Its known to mend a broken bone and a hound from the mange its cured a balding woman and a man from the plague
...................................................................................
It'll cure you from lumbago a fix the palsy too chase the pox right off your chickens and cure a raging flue.
Its something quite affordable its captain Arnold's liquor and its new.
...................................................................................
Bridge

It will stop a leaking water trough and forecast coming rain restore the leather on your shoes and curl a horses mane.
It is the greatest cure all ever seen ,make a weak man strong just purchase a half a gallon and tell me if I'm wrong

****** Song Summary *************
Title: _SECLUDE - Seclude Dramatic Newgrass
File:Captain Arnolds Liquer.SGU
Key=A , Tempo 100, Length (m:s)=3:02
4 bar intro, 68 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 72. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _SECLUDE.STY (Seclude Dramatic Newgrass)

RealTracks in style: 2421:Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySlapBoomChicka Ev16 100
RealTracks in style: 2458:Strings, Rhythm CelticWaltz Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 623:Banjo, Background Backporch Ev 098
RealTracks in style: 1765:Guitar, High-Strung Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop16ths Ev16 085
RealTracks in song: ~596:Fiddle, Soloist Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
RealDrums in style: PopAmericanEv^1-a:SS 1/2 BB, b:Snare Half BB

Vocal Myself
Rob,

I haven't heard the other one so I can't compare but this version is fantastic! Great lyrics, a very inventive production and your presentation is perfect. I really enjoyed listening.

All the best with the contest,
Noel
Two thumbs up Rob!! Clever lyrics with the perfect backtrack! Also love the ambiance established at the start and later in the song! The chord changes ending the chorus are great! Thanks, T
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Rob,

I haven't heard the other one so I can't compare but this version is fantastic! Great lyrics, a very inventive production and your presentation is perfect. I really enjoyed listening.

Noel

Thank you Noel.
Very encouraging.
Rob
Very cool tune. Super backtrack and excellent vocal. Loved the feel to the tune. Excellent effects going on
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Two thumbs up Rob!! Clever lyrics with the perfect backtrack! Also love the ambiance established at the start and later in the song! The chord changes ending the chorus are great! Thanks, T

Thank you Torrey.
appreciate you listening.
Rob
I really enjoyed this!

what a great lyric, what a foot stomper

terrific write and production

Kenny

Well, this song don't need a cure!

Cool lyric, vocal, arrangement and production.

Lot's of fun happening and we enjoyed it...a lot.

J&B

Sounds great Rob!
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool tune. Super backtrack and excellent vocal. Loved the feel to the tune. Excellent effects going on

Hi Scott. Thank you for your support.
Rob
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
I really enjoyed this!

what a great lyric, what a foot stomper

terrific write and production

Kenny

Thank you Kenny for your encouraging comments.
Rob
This is a fun song. Well done.
Posted By: RnAM Re: # New and Improved# Captain Arnold's Liquor - 08/16/17 01:22 PM
Rob,

Noel

Noel said it just right! This is some nice piece of work. We wish you all the luck with the contest!

Rob & Anne-Marie
Outstanding job on this one Rob.
It had to have taken a lot of thought to set up all of the different facets of this. I'll have to say, I would have had to had a massive cheat sheet just to remember all the lyrics. Well done! I would also like to mention one of your tunes on Soundcloud, that I particularly like. I listened to Come Over a couple of times and loved it. Unlikely subject, but that made it all the more enjoyable. You have a wonderfully eclectic mind bent.
Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
This is a fun song. Well done.

Hi Samuel.
Thanks for listening.
Rob
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Rob,

Noel

Noel said it just right! This is some nice piece of work. We wish you all the luck with the contest!

Rob & Anne-Marie

Hi RnAM.
Thank you fop your kind sentiments.
Rob.
Originally Posted By: guitar1
Outstanding job on this one Rob.
It had to have taken a lot of thought to set up all of the different facets of this. I'll have to say, I would have had to had a massive cheat sheet just to remember all the lyrics. Well done! I would also like to mention one of your tunes on Soundcloud, that I particularly like. I listened to Come Over a couple of times and loved it. Unlikely subject, but that made it all the more enjoyable. You have a wonderfully eclectic mind bent.

Hello Guitar1.
I really appreciate your encouraging words.
Since I write songs as a hobby only, comments like yours are a great reward.
Once I developed the idea for this song it really wrote its self.
The driving drum beat reminded me of an old Salvation Army band and then developed from there.
Hence I tried to make the beat the star of the show.
Thank you for your comments on comb over,that is one of my personal favorites.
I always try and think out of the box when writing and try to look to the quirkier
side of things.
Thank you again. Rob

Here is a link to the youtube video of comb over.
Comb Over
Howdy,

This is original, creative and lots of fun. Live the vocal effects. I have a few of them on my sound card but haven't used them. Maybe I should! A creative attention-grabber.Nice work!

Alan
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Howdy,

This is original, creative and lots of fun. Live the vocal effects. I have a few of them on my sound card but haven't used them. Maybe I should! A creative attention-grabber.Nice work!

Alan

Hi Al-David.
Thanks for listening.
Rob
© PG Music Forums