PG Music Home
Posted By: HiroshiK The glitter of the cove - 08/16/17 04:24 AM
This is my new song titled "The glitter of the cove". It is a pop ballad and I categorized it to the ambient genre. My last post "Sincerely Yours (Classical Version)" was made on June 29, so it took me about two months to complete it. The point I cared about most was its arrangement, and the most time-consuming part for me was the choice of the instruments. As usual, the title of the song came from my wife as she has much better artistic sensibility than me.

I hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/hirokata1121/the-glitter-of-the-cove

****** Song Summary *************
Key=D, Tempo 75, Length (m:s)=4:35
Style is _MDBALCL.STY (Medium Pop Guitar Ballad w/ Orga)
RealTracks in style: ~700:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2045:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment CountryPopJohn Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 838:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopBalladClean Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~~702:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Spirited Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1680:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven16^5-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Instruments:
(CSC) Brass Section 1
(CSC) Solina Full Strings
(D-PRO) DX Tines
(D-PRO) Almost Together
(D-PRO) FG Eclectic Gibson
(R-PRO) Granular Electric Guitar 1
CSC: Cakewalk Sound Center
D-PRO: Dimension Pro
R-PRO: Rapture-Pro
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/16/17 11:25 AM
Great job on this, HiroshiK! I really enjoyed the atmospheric feeling this one gives off. It's really easy to get lost in (which is a good thing!) - thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: RnAM Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/16/17 01:26 PM
Do we like it? Well actually, we love it!
The chord progression turns unexpected ways and the melody enhances that even more.
This is one of your best we think!

Rob & Anne-Marie
Posted By: Scott C Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/16/17 11:24 PM
Beautiful song Hiroshik. Your wife picked a super name for the song
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/17/17 10:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Great job on this, HiroshiK! I really enjoyed the atmospheric feeling this one gives off. It's really easy to get lost in (which is a good thing!) - thanks so much for sharing smile

Deryk,

Thank you for your kind comment. I am glad you like my new song and enjoyed it.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/17/17 10:35 AM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Do we like it? Well actually, we love it!
The chord progression turns unexpected ways and the melody enhances that even more.
This is one of your best we think!

Rob & Anne-Marie

Rob & Anne-Marie,

Thank you for your encouraging comment. I am very happy you like my new song.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/17/17 11:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Beautiful song Hiroshik. Your wife picked a super name for the song

Scott,

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you like my new song. She asked me to say hello to you.

Hiroshi
Posted By: furry Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/17/17 04:49 PM
Really fabulous piece of music Hiroshi, thoroughly enjoyed the tune and the arrangement.
It needs to be recorded by the likes of James Galway or Andre Rieu.
STUNNING music
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/17/17 08:35 PM
Hello Hiroshik.
Thank you for the back story on this pretty tune.
One thing with Band in a Box when choosing instruments you are spoiled for choice. Love to hear lyrics put to this.
Nicely done.
Rob
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/18/17 09:31 AM
HiroshiK

Hauntingly beautiful.

This was such an enjoyable listen

Beautifully presented, everything about the song was great to listen to.
Posted By: 44kfl Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/18/17 10:30 AM
Beautiful progressions, great arrangement

very nice and enjoyable

pretty song!

Kenny
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/18/17 11:30 AM
Originally Posted By: furry
Really fabulous piece of music Hiroshi, thoroughly enjoyed the tune and the arrangement.
STUNNING music

Graham,

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you enjoyed my new song. I also appreciate your high rating to it. It would be great for me if such things could really happen! It is just a dream.

Hiroshi
Posted By: furry Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/18/17 11:34 AM
Originally Posted By: HiroshiK
STUNNING music

Graham,

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you enjoyed my new song. I also appreciate your high rating to it. It would be great for me if such things could really happen! It is just a dream.

Hiroshi

Push it enough and it could happen, I've had one of my tunes recorded by four different artists and another 3 tunes by others so there is a market for good tunes. Good luck with it
Posted By: furry Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/18/17 11:37 AM
try ditching the drums and maybe dropping the tempo a few points, see what it sounds like ? It really is a gorgeous ballad. Could you pm me the dots for it and I'll maybe do a version if that's ok ?
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/18/17 11:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Hello Hiroshik.
Thank you for the back story on this pretty tune.
One thing with Band in a Box when choosing instruments you are spoiled for choice. Love to hear lyrics put to this.
Nicely done.
Rob

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your comment. In my case, I am using Sonar X3 for the tuning work including instruments selection.

Unfortunately, I do not have any talent to write lyrics. It would be great if I someone could put lyrics to the song.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/18/17 12:02 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
HiroshiK

Hauntingly beautiful.

This was such an enjoyable listen

Beautifully presented, everything about the song was great to listen to.

Thank you for your comment. I am very glad you like and enjoyed my new song.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/18/17 12:04 PM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Beautiful progressions, great arrangement

very nice and enjoyable

pretty song!

Kenny

Kenny,

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you like and enjoyed my new song.

Hiroshi
Posted By: tommyad Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/18/17 12:17 PM
HiroshiK, Beautiful song. I especially like the chord progression. The mix is excellent and tell your wife I like the title. Tom
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/18/17 12:38 PM
STUNNING music

Graham,

Hiroshi

Push it enough and it could happen, I've had one of my tunes recorded by four different artists and another 3 tunes by others so there is a market for good tunes. Good luck with it

Thank you for your suggestion and encouragement. As a matter of fact, I had sought for the chance to license of my early works mainly through some licensing companies but had no success so far. I have not given it up, but suspended it for some time. Now I think I should resume it.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/18/17 12:44 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
HiroshiK, Beautiful song. I especially like the chord progression. The mix is excellent and tell your wife I like the title. Tom

Tom,

Thank you for your comment. I am very glad you like my song.
I told it to her and she is happy now.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/19/17 06:15 AM
try ditching the drums and maybe dropping the tempo a few points, see what it sounds like ? It really is a gorgeous ballad.

Hi Graham,

I made the preliminary remixed version and uploaded it to Soundcloud as "Private".

https://soundcloud.com/hirokata1121/the-glitter-of-the-cove-remixed-preliminary/s-kdv1k

The changes I made to the original version are as follows.
- The Drums track was dropped.
- The tempo was changed from 75 to 72.
Is this what you expected? My impression about the new version is that the quality as a ballad song became higher than the original. I often drops the drums track of the ballad songs. You can see the examples here; "REMINISCENCE", "Reunion", " Sincerely Yours". This time, I intentionally kept it, and maybe I was wrong.

Could you pm me the dots for it and I'll maybe do a version if that's ok ?

I'd be happy to, but frankly, I do not know what the dots are. Please let me know it.

Hiroshi
Posted By: furry Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/19/17 08:10 AM
try ditching the drums and maybe dropping the tempo a few points, see what it sounds like ? It really is a gorgeous ballad.

Hi Graham,

I made the preliminary remixed version and uploaded it to Soundcloud as "Private".

https://soundcloud.com/hirokata1121/the-glitter-of-the-cove-remixed-preliminary/s-kdv1k

Is this what you expected? My impression about the new version is that the quality as a ballad song became higher than the original. I often drops the drums track of the ballad songs. You can see the examples here; "REMINISCENCE", "Reunion", " Sincerely Yours". This time, I intentionally kept it, and maybe I was wrong.

I'd be happy to, but frankly, I do not know what the dots are. Please let me know it.

Hiroshi

Sorry, dots meaning the sheet music
Posted By: cubanpete Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/19/17 05:43 PM
What's not to like? Great relaxing tune. Very well done.

Mike B.
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/20/17 06:26 AM
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
What's not to like? Great relaxing tune. Very well done.

Mike B.

Mike,

Thank you for your comment. I am pleased you like it.

Hiroshi
Posted By: furry Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/20/17 04:05 PM

Hi Graham,

Hiroshi

Much better dropping the drums, lower tempo really suits it as well.
I'm bad for doing it with my own tunes, I use at least 3-4 different backing tracks till I'm happy.

Once again, lovely tune Hiroshi
Posted By: dani48 Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/20/17 04:45 PM
Hi, Hiroshi & wife !

I also liked everything about
this superb tune!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/21/17 03:34 AM

Hi Graham,

Is this what you expected? My impression about the new version is that the quality as a ballad song became higher than the original. I often drop the drums track of the ballad songs. You can see the examples here; "REMINISCENCE", "Reunion", " Sincerely Yours". This time, I intentionally kept it, and maybe I was wrong.

I'm bad for doing it with my own tunes, I use at least 3-4 different backing tracks till I'm happy.

Graham,

I agree. Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

Hiroshi

I have just sent the sheet music (dots) of the song to you via pm.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/21/17 03:36 AM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Hiroshi & wife !

I also liked everything about
this superb tune!

Cheers
Dani

Dani,

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you like my song.

Hiroshi
Posted By: furry Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/21/17 05:16 AM

Hi Graham,

Is this what you expected? My impression about the new version is that the quality as a ballad song became higher than the original. I often drop the drums track of the ballad songs. You can see the examples here; "REMINISCENCE", "Reunion", " Sincerely Yours". This time, I intentionally kept it, and maybe I was wrong.

Graham,

I agree. Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

Hiroshi

I have just sent the sheet music (dots) of the song to you via pm.

Hiroshi

Thanks Hiroshi, looking forward to playing it
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/22/17 10:24 AM
Graham,

My pleasure. Looking forward to your version to be ready.

Hiroshi
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/22/17 04:57 PM
Superbly written, arranged, performed and recorded. There is so much to like here. The time you spent on the production is so obvious. It is exceedingly nuanced and finely crafted and we enjoyed it very much.

J&B
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/23/17 10:00 AM
J&B,

Thank you for your comment. I am pleased you like my song this much.
I am also glad you enjoyed it.

Hiroshi
Posted By: bluage Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/24/17 02:04 AM
Dear "HiroshiK"...

The title of your composition, "The Glitter of the Cove", is vivid and suggestive of a magical place. Your wife's "artistic sensibilities" are a fine match for your own musical sensibilities.

Thanks to your colorful orchestration, the song opened with an heroic feel, and as it developed it took on a celebratory tone akin to what one would hear at a wedding event for royalty.

A wonderful musical journey this surely was!

Sincerely,

LOREN
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/24/17 11:14 AM
Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear "HiroshiK"...

The title of your composition, "The Glitter of the Cove", is vivid and suggestive of a magical place. Your wife's "artistic sensibilities" are a fine match for your own musical sensibilities.

Dear LOREN,

Thank you for your comment.

I also think it is a very good title. It is something never comes to my mind, but once presented, I can evaluate if it is good or not.

I hope there is really a good match as you kindly mentioned.

Originally Posted By: bluage
Thanks to your colorful orchestration, the song opened with an heroic feel, and as it developed it took on a celebratory tone akin to what one would hear at a wedding event for royalty.

A wonderful musical journey this surely was!

Sincerely,

LOREN

I think you describe the impression or image it gives to the listener very well. I am sure you are an excellent listener. I hope I am as good as you.

Best regards,

Hiroshi
Posted By: dani48 Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/24/17 06:14 PM
Hi, Hiroshi !

This is really a very beautiful tune !
Surely it is one of your absolute best !!
Especially I like the sensitivity of the melody and instruments used !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/26/17 01:29 AM
Dani,

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you like it, especially you like the instruments because their selection was the most important part for me.

Hiroshi
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/26/17 07:46 PM
I can totally hear this as a Harvest Moon score before Natsume started having issues with the franchise. I can hear it as a winter or fall track for the beach location! ^u^ Really amazing job! Took me back to my childhood with long car-rides home paying one of my favourite games of all time in the back seat of the car (but yours has a far more desirable sound quality, I must point out!) using the passing street lamps as my light source.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/27/17 05:39 AM
Ember,

Thank you for your comment. I am too old to know Harvest Moon, so I checked Youtube to listen to some of its music tracks. I think I could understand what the game music means to young people who are crazy about the games. For them it is an important place to get familiar with a variety of attractive melodies.

Thank you also for sharing your experience in your childhood when you were in the car backseat. Your described its scene so well that I felt as if I were there with you.

I am pleased if my work invited you to the trip to your good old days.

Hiroshi
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/27/17 08:40 AM
Nice composition and production! Love the chord progression and your choice of instruments.
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: The glitter of the cove - 08/27/17 07:38 PM
Dave,

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you like my song.

Hiroshi
© PG Music Forums