PG Music Home
[Link no longer valid]

This is another instrumental jazz type tune that I call "Living On Hope". It's just sort of a feel-good type song that I enjoy doing. It's a work in progress (probably a little heavy on compression-SoundCloud's compression affected it a little but I will still go with it for now). I may come back and do it with an electric guitar instead of the acoustic. Hope someone likes it. Thanks for listening! Torrey

BIAB
Drums Funk 70's Pop
Drums Funk SanFran
Drums Jazz Funk Sync

Me
Guitar Taylor 812ce Acoustic
Synths
Keyboard
Percussion
Background Vocals

Third Party
Bass
Keyboards
Very smooth my friend.
Really enjoyed the great groove this tune delivers.
Top marks on all levels.
Plenty of light and shade.
Rob
Torrey

Really lovely inventive melodic playing. Nicely done.

Peter
Torrey,

Super listen! I appreciate how much effort and time you devote to your songs. IUt shows when you're finished. Great job ... loved the playing! Thanks for another great listen.

Alan
Wow, great playing on this, Torrey! Shades of George Benson and Larry Carlton.

The composition and arrangement is excellent! Love the melody, and that change at 2:45 was cool ...

Outstanding!
Loved the backtrack. Excellent playing . Super tone from your guitar. I too hear George Benson in your sound. Well done
Super listen, Torrey... start to finish.

Nice melody - I really liked the way you "keep to the theme" throughout. Makes it a "guitar song" instead of "noodling" - really well done.

Nice backing and nice mix.

Excellent.

fj
Great track. Wouldn't have expected anything less. :-)
How acoustics are produced to sound like that is beyond my pay grade but it sounds great. As mentioned it is very melodic and Janice specifically mentioned that it sounds "happy."

So here are two people that do like it....a lot.

Well done.

J&B
Thanks for the kind words Rob! I appreciate it! T
Torrey,

I thought Jazz was not my taste, but I could enjoy this song.
Very well produced!

Hiroshi
Torrey,

Melodic with a great groove and some nice surprises in there.
I wouldn`t change a thing- the Taylor acoustic has a terrific sound in your hands.
Very enjoyable and hopeful sounding!

Robert
I appreciate how much effort you put into your songs

Al and Di said that and I agree, great mix and arrangement

Wow, great playing on this, Torrey! Shades of George Benson and Larry Carlton.
(from Blue Attitude) well said

very nice touch and technic on guitar

enjoyed

Kenny
Great job Torrey! I personally like the acoustic on this one. I gave it a warm feel, A more personal feel.
Thanks for the listen Peter! I appreciate it! T
Thanks for the kind words Alan! I appreciate it! T
Hello, Torrey

Powerful Drums' Intro is really good.
Great guitar playing. I also feel Larry Carlton in this tune.
Really smooth and melodic. Nice groove.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Torrey, This has some excellent guitar work. It's great the way the recurring melody serves as an anchor. This is a high quality instrumental. Very Nice, Tom
Thanks for listening and commenting Dave! I appreciate it! T
Wow, this tune is bursting with creativity! The arrangement is on point, and I love the guitar work on this. The way your drums are panned sounds amazing too! Technicality aside, I love the atmosphere of the song smile It feels like a disco tune from another planet! Not a thing I would change.

Thanks so much for sharing, Torrey!
The guitar is really the star of the show here! What an amazing job. laugh
Wonderful.

Great playing on all those tracks. Kudos. Love the riff. Kinda George Benson.

What effects are you using on the acoustic?
Dear Mr. Bliss...

If I told you how many times I listened to "Living on Hope" in one sitting, you probably wouldn't believe me.

It's irresistible, it really is. It's what we would have called "a stone jam" and/or "a boss cut!" back-in-the-day. It's got a tight n' tasty, finger-lickin' funky groove that would be great to walk in on at a lively party, so you could enter dancing and strut your stuff to make a good impression on your fellow party-goers!

Once again, your own instrumental performances blend so well with the RealTracks that it's difficult to distinguish between them. The audio production quality is so good that it sounds like a track from a CD I would purchase.

Jam on, Mr. Bliss, jam on! Ah-huh, baby, yeah! We're right behind you, ain't we, folks? Struttin' and steppin' to the music as we sip wine and wave our hands in the air like we just...don't...CARE laugh!!

Soaking up the mellow, musical sunshine,

LOREN

Thanks for listening and commenting Scott! I appreciate it! T
SWEEEEEEEET!!! ;D
Thanks Floyd for the comments! I appreciate it! T
Thanks lambada for the kind words for my tune! I appreciate it! T
Thanks for the positive vibes J&B!! I appreciate it! T
What a wonderful instrumental!! Beautiful playing and a sweet melody. A real treat!! Take care. Greg
Thanks Hiroshi for the kind words! I appreciate it! T
Robert, I so appreciate your kind and thoughtful comments on my song! It means much to me!! Thanks, T
Oh wow Torrey, this is my kind of tune alright! Very well put together and I love the stops and breaks. Superb.

Mike B.
Kenny, thanks for taking the time to listen and comment! I appreciate it! T
guitar1, I so appreciate you taking time to listen and comment on my tune! Thanks, T
Great song Torrey, I quite enjoyed listening to this morning!
Thanks Shigeki for the comments! Larry Carlton is one of my favorite players! I appreciate it! Thanks, T
Thanks Tom, I always appreciate your comments and the fact that you listened to the song! Take care, Torrey
Very nice composition Torrey. Reminds me of the late great Larry Coryell in feel.
I know what you mean about the compression, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment.
Thanks Deryk for all the positive words! I appreciate it!! T
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
The guitar is really the star of the show here! What an amazing job. laugh

Thanks Ember! I appreciate it! T
Thanks David! The guitar was ran through some compression, delay and reverb.
Thanks Loren for the most enthusiastic review I've had yet! I appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to listen and comment! T
Thanks Dave! I appreciate it! T
Thanks for listening Greg! I appreciate it! T
Thanks a lot Mike! I appreciate it! T
Thanks Tyler for listening and commenting! I appreciate it! T
Thanks Andy! I appreciate it! T
© PG Music Forums