PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David Bad Boy Blues - 09/21/17 06:48 AM
Just your typical Blues instrumental. Nothing special. It's one I put together while I was undergoing my chemo almost 2 years ago. I'll post the tracks as soon as I can find them - had a bit of a 'puter problem yesterday and everything isn't where it once was. Thanks for stopping in for a listen. (c) 2015 BMI

Alan

PS: I ADDED THIS EDIT ON SATURDAY, 9-23-2017, SINCE SO MANY FOLKS HAVE ASKED. THIS IS *ALL REAL BAND* TRACKS. I AM NOT PLAYING ANYTHING. AT THE TIME I DID THIS, I HAD ALMOST NO FEELING WHATSOEVER IN MY LEFT HAD DUE TO MY EMERGENCY SURGERY AND THE EFFECTS OF THE CHEMO. HAND IS BETTER NOW - ABOUT 70% FEELING BACK.

Bad Boy Blues

(Tracks will be posted when I find them.)
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/21/17 09:07 AM
Very nice, Alan! You are playing the Organ I take it? Nice melody. Good use of shots, and I like the horn arrangement too.
Good stuff, enjoyed the listen!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/21/17 09:11 AM
Very Bad Boy Blues, but no wonder you felt a bit that way when this was written.

This is really cool blues. Very nice indeed.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/21/17 10:52 AM
Great work on this, Alan! I really loved the groove of this one, and the guitar work is superb!

Thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/21/17 07:01 PM
Very cool blues.
Very enjoyable.
Rob
Posted By: MarioD Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/21/17 08:51 PM
Fellow big C survivor this is some great blues! I always loved that B3 and guitar combination. You just can't beat it!

Did you play any of the instruments or are they all RTs?
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/21/17 08:56 PM
I like this one and agree with other comments.
I can hear allllll kinds of potential lyrical ideas/subjects popping into my pea brain. smile

Well done....
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/21/17 10:11 PM
Alan, after a long hard day that tune hits the sweet spot! Sounds pretty good to me! Take care, Torrey
Posted By: RnAM Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/21/17 10:34 PM
Well, we have to agree that this definitely hit the spot!
Cool work Al!
And yes, are you playing the organ? Because it's definitely nice!

Rob & Anne-Marie
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/21/17 11:02 PM
very nice,

I love it when BiaB can translate the mood and feel

that you have in mind

and the more you work with it, the quicker you can get to that

some awesome guitar soloing there

Kenny
Posted By: PeterF Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/22/17 02:18 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Just your typical Blues instrumental. Nothing special. It's one I put together while I was undergoing my chemo almost 2 years ago. I'll post the tracks as soon as I can find them - had a bit of a 'puter problem yesterday and everything isn't where it once was. Thanks for stopping in for a listen. (c) 2015 BMI

Alan

Bad Boy Blues

Alan

A nicely constructed blues tune - with very nice organ - the horns sound played as well?
Good tune.
Peter
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/22/17 02:54 AM
Hello, Alan

Very orthodox jazz blues!
Nice B3 organ and nice horns!
Guitar is also very cool.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Scott C Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/22/17 11:51 AM
Bad Boys indeed. Loved this tune. B3 was super. Guitar work was excellent. Very nice listen. Super tone
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/22/17 12:08 PM
Awesome job putting this together, Alan. Everything fits nicely. Cool organ parts. Excellent job on the horn parts...

A good listen.

fj
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/22/17 02:38 PM
I'm also really digging in the organs on this one, and am also curious if you played any of the parts? The guitar also sounds pretty fantastic as well. I couldn't make anything half as beautiful as this if I were going through something like that. Props to you!
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/23/17 06:30 AM

Nice one; excellent blues sound.
Sergio
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/23/17 01:00 PM
Al,
Very nicely put together, with a relaxed feel and space for that B3 to riff in.... guess we are all wondering if that`s you playing!
Good work.

Robert
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/23/17 07:13 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Very nice, Alan! You are playing the Organ I take it? Nice melody. Good use of shots, and I like the horn arrangement too.
Good stuff, enjoyed the listen!

Glad you enjoyed it! I just edited the original post to say that I played nothing on it - it's all Real tracks. I would have done the guitar part had I been able to play. Thanks so much!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/23/17 07:15 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Very Bad Boy Blues, but no wonder you felt a bit that way when this was written.

This is really cool blues. Very nice indeed.

HI VT:

Always nice to hear from you. I just edited the original post to say that I played nothing on it - it's all Real tracks. I would have done the guitar part had I been able to play.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I wasn't feeling real bad at the time - just frustrated I wasn't able to play the guitar - I still have issues playing. Oh well, I'm here to complain about it! Thanks again.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/23/17 07:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Great work on this, Alan! I really loved the groove of this one, and the guitar work is superb!

Thanks so much for sharing smile

Deryk,

Glad you dropped in for a listen. I just edited the original post to say that I played nothing on it - it's all Real tracks. I would have done the guitar part had I been able to play. Thanks for the kind words - glad you liked it!!! Wishing you & all the folks at PG Music the very best,

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/23/17 07:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Very cool blues.
Very enjoyable.
Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for those really nice words! Glad ya liked it!. I just edited the original post to say that I played nothing on it - it's all Real tracks. I would have done the guitar part had I been able to play.

Wishing you well.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/23/17 07:20 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Fellow big C survivor this is some great blues! I always loved that B3 and guitar combination. You just can't beat it!

Did you play any of the instruments or are they all RTs?

Hey Mario,

I just edited the original post to say that I played nothing on it - it's all Real tracks. I would have done the guitar part had I been able to play.

Yep, we're still here to moan, groan and complain after fighting the Big C. So, not a lot to be unhappy about! Glad ya liked it! I've always loved slow blues and shuffle blues. This was one of those quick writes - may four hours total. Delighted to hear it rests nicely in your ears. Best to you,

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/23/17 07:22 PM
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
I like this one and agree with other comments.
I can hear allllll kinds of potential lyrical ideas/subjects popping into my pea brain. smile

Well done....

Hello!

I just edited the original post to say that I played nothing on it - it's all Real tracks. I would have done the guitar part had I been able to play. I'm delighted this works for you. I kinda liked it it when I was finished with it ... just a quick 4-hour write from start to finish.

And yeah, lots of potential to take a lyric in almost an direction ... might do that later. I'll have to change the key, though - no biggie. Thanks again.

ALan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/23/17 07:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Alan, after a long hard day that tune hits the sweet spot! Sounds pretty good to me! Take care, Torrey

Hi Torrey,

I just edited the original post to say that I played nothing on it - it's all Real tracks. I would have done the guitar part had I been able to play.

Glad I could top of your day with a little relaxing music. Glad it worked for ya! Wishing you well.

Alan
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/23/17 07:33 PM
And yeah, lots of potential to take a lyric in almost an direction ... might do that later. I'll have to change the key, though - no biggie. Thanks again. ALan

What key is it?
I'm sure I'd have to change keys to sing!
My (3) semitone vocal range causes great challenges for me.

Back to it.....
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/24/17 01:41 PM
This is the user showcase and, man, does that ever showcase the power of BiaB in the hands of a talented artist. This is one of those BiaB instrumental arrangements that sounds several musicians who've know each other for years sitting around and jamming. Wonderful use of the solo RT's!

A good one to add to our blues playlist!

J&B
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/24/17 06:48 PM
Yes Alan, great sound and production.

Mike B.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/24/17 11:18 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Awesome job putting this together, Alan. Everything fits nicely. Cool organ parts. Excellent job on the horn parts...

A good listen.

fj

Agree with my friend Floyd!! Glad to hear you are on the mend. Best to both of you!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/25/17 05:57 AM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Well, we have to agree that this definitely hit the spot!
Cool work Al!
And yes, are you playing the organ? Because it's definitely nice!

Rob & Anne-Marie

Trying to catch up with my replies!

Thanks a bunch! Nope - not playing anything. Well, except the keyboard that outs everything up on the screen. Glad you liked it!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/25/17 05:58 AM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
very nice,

I love it when BiaB can translate the mood and feel

that you have in mind

and the more you work with it, the quicker you can get to that

some awesome guitar soloing there

Kenny

Thanks, kenny.

But, it wasn't me on the guitar this time - it's all BIAB Band. Glad you liked it any way. Thanks again, amigo!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/25/17 06:00 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterF

Alan

Bad Boy Blues

Alan

A nicely constructed blues tune - with very nice organ - the horns sound played as well?
Good tune.
Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you. The horns were a last-minute addition literally. And I'm not playing anything - all BIAB Band. Thery're pretty good, though!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/25/17 06:00 AM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Alan

Very orthodox jazz blues!
Nice B3 organ and nice horns!
Guitar is also very cool.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki,

Glad you liked it! Thanks for letting me know. I appreciAte the nice words!

ALan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/25/17 06:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Bad Boys indeed. Loved this tune. B3 was super. Guitar work was excellent. Very nice listen. Super tone

HI Scott,

Thank you very much! I'm glad it all works for you. I appreciate the really nice comments.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/25/17 06:02 AM

A good listen.

fj

Floyd,

YU9ou are much too kind. But don't worry - IK'll deal with it! Thanks so much for your support and encouragement. I always appreciate your input! best to you,

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/25/17 06:05 AM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I'm also really digging in the organs on this one, and am also curious if you played any of the parts? The guitar also sounds pretty fantastic as well. I couldn't make anything half as beautiful as this if I were going through something like that. Props to you!

Hi Ember,

Many thanks for the very nice comments!~ But no, I'm not playing anything on it ... it's all by the BIAB Band. But they're pretty good, ya know!

Actually, BIAB was my best friend (other than my wife) as I was going through the chemo. It reminded me that no matter what, music can give you strength, pleasure and a peaceful soul. BIAB was a big part of that.

Thanks again.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/25/17 06:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Nice one; excellent blues sound.
Sergio

Thank you, Sergio. I'm delighted you liked it!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/25/17 06:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Al,
Very nicely put together, with a relaxed feel and space for that B3 to riff in.... guess we are all wondering if that`s you playing!
Good work.

Robert

Hello Robert!

Glad it works for you! I appreciate your very kind comments. But, alas, I am playing nothing but the my computer keyboard - selecting tracks, chords, style and all that. The BIAB Bandmates did a great job, though! Best to you,

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/25/17 06:11 AM
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
And yeah, lots of potential to take a lyric in almost an direction ... might do that later. I'll have to change the key, though - no biggie. Thanks again. ALan

What key is it?
I'm sure I'd have to change keys to sing!
My (3) semitone vocal range causes great challenges for me.

Back to it.....

Howdy!

Well, to answer your question, it's in the key of F. I would have to drop it down to E-flat, maybe even D. And yes, lots of potential to go in many directions with the lyric. I might sit down and write a lyric for it some day.

You have a three semitone vocal range? I'm jealous. I'm trying to stretch moine that far! Thanks for the visit and nice words.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/25/17 06:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
This is the user showcase and, man, does that ever showcase the power of BiaB in the hands of a talented artist. This is one of those BiaB instrumental arrangements that sounds several musicians who've know each other for years sitting around and jamming. Wonderful use of the solo RT's!

A good one to add to our blues playlist!

J&B

Janice & Bud,

Awe, thank you so much! You made my late night/early morning. I am humbled but also in great appreciation for all that kindness. IUt came together pretty quickly and I liked it. So, I didn't add or take anything away from my first selection of tracks - although the horns were a last minute addition.

Thank you again! Wishing you both the vert best.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/25/17 06:14 AM
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Yes Alan, great sound and production.

Mike B.

Thank you, Mike! I'm glad it's a good listen for you!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/25/17 06:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

A good listen.

fj

Agree with my friend Floyd!! Glad to hear you are on the mend. Best to both of you!! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg,

It's been almost two years since I finished my chemo and I'm still doing fine. All scans have come back negative. My wife is gonna have to wait a while to collect on that insurance policy! Thanks for the kindness!

Alan
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/25/17 04:19 PM

This sounds really great man. I loved it.
Posted By: Tyler - PG Music Re: Bad Boy Blues - 09/25/17 08:55 PM
Great song, thank you for sharing this song with all of us Alan!
© PG Music Forums