PG Music Home
Posted By: LPman Jazz - Just fall in love with the music - 09/29/17 02:06 AM
Jazz-Just fall in love with the music

Hi all,

Been workin with Magix & BIAB

Biab - ZZBOSSA.STY Bossa Nova style _ snippets of piano
Magix- Jazz- Late in the bar

Creative Commons Licence

I was trying to get some counter-point harmony going...
Ended up making a simple list of chords that resolve the piano chords en-harmonically to this song. Hope you like it
Posted By: bluage Re: Jazz - Just fall in love with the music - 09/29/17 03:08 AM
Hey, there, "LPman"!

Where there's jazz, you will always find me, toes tappin' n' fingers snappin'! cool

"Just Fall In Love With The Music" is quick, hot, and cool, and all at the same time. It's like a montage, but of sounds instead of images. It's got tension and it feels as though a lot of musical energy is about to be unleashed. The instruments sound incredibly realistic.

Okay, "LPman", you got my attention. So, uhhh, like, what's next?

LOREN
Very impressive.

You've managed to capture multiple riffs and combined them very well to produce a very streamlined arrangement.

A good listen, for sure.
Posted By: LPman Re: Jazz - Just fall in love with the music - 09/29/17 04:40 AM
Hi Loren

thanks you for your re-post to me. I see you did a collaboration

Coffee Talk
Lyrics by LOREN(a.k.a. "bluage")
Music by Shigeki Adachi

I like your how you sing your own lyrics, the words are so easy to follow. I racked my brains trying to figure if vocals would fit to this song.

It is like a montage... I think that's why I gave up! The idea of adding vocals seemed plausible at first...

Thanks for posting and describing my song so eloquently. To answer your question; what's next??? I don't know... the Last song I made on soundcloud was a heavy metal song "Just Run" It was the first song my brother stated; "that it was believable". The lyrics are hard to understand cause the vocalist sounds like a demon monster!

I go where the music takes me... while chord mapping song projects.
Posted By: LPman Re: Jazz - Just fall in love with the music - 09/29/17 04:51 AM
Thank you VideoTrack.
I worked on this track for 2 weeks and I am over saturated listening to it.... I can't tell (myself) if it's good yet... I am only comfortable hearing this song in a loop. If I hear it as a single.... I feel lost in it.

thanks so much for your post!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Jazz - Just fall in love with the music - 09/29/17 05:18 AM
HI,

Lots of variety in this. Many different sounds but all coordinated expertly. The various elements keep it fresh throughout. I particularly enjoyed the guitar riffs and the overall bass line. Very nice ... sounds live and natural.

Alan
Great work on this! It is obvious you put a lot of thought and time into this - and it pays off smile I loved the articulate weaving of all the instruments. I loved the arrangement on it, and the groove as well and how everything just falls into place.

Fantastic work, you should be proud of this! Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: Jazz - Just fall in love with the music - 09/29/17 12:16 PM
Very nice. Excellent listen
Posted By: bluage Re: Jazz - Just fall in love with the music - 09/29/17 04:35 PM
"LPman"...

You're welcome, and thanks for listening to my collaboration with Shigeki Adachi in his song, "Coffee Time" smile

Concerning the possibility of lyrics for "Just Fall In Love With The Music", I recommend that you give a listen to a few jazz vocalists of yesteryear who specialized in composing lyrics for instrumental jazz compositions, and usually with fast tempos: the Lambert, Hendricks & Ross trio, vocalist King Pleasure, and Eddie Jefferson.

Those artists popularized the use of what is called "vocalese", which according to Wikipedia "...is a style or musical genre of jazz singing wherein words are sung to melodies that were originally part of an all-instrumental composition or improvisation."

You may enjoy listening to Lambert, Hendricks & Ross applying vocalese techniques to the Duke Ellington instrumental jazz composition, "Cottontail". Also, check out King Pleasure's rendition of "Moody's Mood For Love". Eddie Jefferson's performance of "Mercy, Mercy, Mercy", composed by Joe Zawinul and played by tenor saxophonist Julian "Cannonball" Adderley, is a fine and soulful example of vocalese performed at a slower tempo.

This is different from what is known as "scat" singing, which is vocal improvisation of sounds based on the words, or lyrics, of actual songs.

A fine example of "scat" singing can heard in Sarah Vaughn's version of "Lullaby of Birdland", composed by the late British pianist, George Shearing, with lyrics by George David Weiss.

LOREN
Posted By: LPman Re: Jazz - Just fall in love with the music - 09/29/17 05:15 PM
Thank you so much for your post Al-David. I appreciate that you can hear all various elements changes; too keep the ears focus, fresh throughout the song.

I was worried that there are too many changes and the song would be only recognized as a "hack gimmick." This song (to me) was an experiment to find if BIAB can help me with a counter-point harmony chord progressions. I will definitely take shot this again...
Posted By: LPman Re: Jazz - Just fall in love with the music - 09/29/17 05:27 PM
Thanks so much Deryk - PG Music
Wondering, will this song make it into the "PG-Music Radio hall of Fame" in the possible near future?...lol.. Kidding. Thanks for your support and your encouraging words!
Posted By: LPman Re: Jazz - Just fall in love with the music - 09/29/17 05:28 PM
Thanks Scott
Posted By: LPman Re: Jazz - Just fall in love with the music - 09/29/17 05:58 PM
Thanks so much LOREN for your post and references which I found below:

Lambert Hendricks & Ross - Cotton Tail

King Pleasure :Moody's Mood For Love

"Mercy, Mercy, Mercy", composed by Joe Zawinul

Sarah Vaughn's version of "Lullaby of Birdland"

I enjoyed listening to them, and will try to learn from these arrangements.
Thanks so much for your thoughtful post!
Hello, LPman

What an authentic jazz!
All instruments exist where they should be.
Amazing!
Enjoyed my listen a lot!

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: LPman Re: Jazz - Just fall in love with the music - 10/02/17 08:11 PM
Hi Shigeki Adachi

Great to hear from you, I enjoyed you collaboration with LOREN;
your coffee talk song. Thanks for genuine heart felt support!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jazz - Just fall in love with the music - 10/02/17 08:50 PM
Everything that I wanted to say already has been said. All I can add is that this should be a showcase for PGMusic's RealTracks.

Great jazz tune.
Posted By: LPman Re: Jazz - Just fall in love with the music - 10/03/17 07:23 AM
thanks MarioD

I hope my new song "No piano tonite" just posted here...
Gets a better rank smile After I post; I always feel kinda lost... like what's next?
Really good!
Posted By: LPman Re: Jazz - Just fall in love with the music - 10/08/17 09:22 PM
Thanks again.. David Snyder for your support :-)
© PG Music Forums