PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David E-Z Funk - 10/06/17 04:02 PM
Please forgive me for posting this so soon after my previous post. But I saw over in the Shout Box that this is National Funk Day. So, I wanted to get this one in. I'm leaving town for the rest of the day and didn't want to miss this opportunity. Again apologies.

Will post the BIAB tracks when I get back this evening. Thanks!

Alan

(c) 2017 Alan D. David, BMI

E-Z Funk
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: E-Z Funk - 10/06/17 04:56 PM
Very Funky Alan and Di.

This has certainly captured an excellent feel, smooth, real smooth.

Going back for another listen.
Posted By: RichRayer Re: E-Z Funk - 10/06/17 05:09 PM
Very nice and relaxing. Reminds me of the 70's. I enjoyed the listen.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: E-Z Funk - 10/06/17 08:42 PM
Well Alan you know that we're in the same page here. Very nice piece here. As a matter of fact I should have included the muted wa wa guitar in my last one, very much used in the 70's.
In fact I might still do that. Liked it a lot.

Mike B.
Posted By: Scott C Re: E-Z Funk - 10/06/17 09:35 PM
Very cool reminds me of the theme songs from Kojak or Shaft especially with the wah
Posted By: jannesan Re: E-Z Funk - 10/07/17 02:51 AM
Funk is always welcome here, 24/7 smile Especially relaxing and harmonious like this one. Great song to celebrate National Get Funky Day smile

Janne
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: E-Z Funk - 10/07/17 02:34 PM
Great work here! You captured a perfectly relaxing vibe here - it was easy to just listen and dry away. I wouldn't change a thing! Nothing like some good old fashion calming funk music smile

Thanks so much for sharing!
Posted By: 44kfl Re: E-Z Funk - 10/08/17 12:11 AM
very nice mix on this

that piano sounds so good

well done on setting this ez funk mood

enjoyed

Kenny
Posted By: Al-David Re: E-Z Funk - 10/08/17 01:23 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Very Funky Alan and Di.

This has certainly captured an excellent feel, smooth, real smooth.

Going back for another listen.

Thanks so much, VT! Glad you enjoyed the smooth music!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: E-Z Funk - 10/08/17 01:24 AM
Originally Posted By: RichRayer
Very nice and relaxing. Reminds me of the 70's. I enjoyed the listen.

Hi Rich,

Thanks for dropping in for a listen. And yhes, the mid to late 70's was the sound I wrote this for. Glad it came across. Thanks for the input!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: E-Z Funk - 10/08/17 01:26 AM
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Well Alan you know that we're in the same page here. Very nice piece here. As a matter of fact I should have included the muted wa wa guitar in my last one, very much used in the 70's.
In fact I might still do that. Liked it a lot.

Mike B.

HI Mike,

Hope all is going well. I'm not normally a big fan of the wha guitar, but it was a perfect fit here. Glad you liked it ... thanks for letting me know!@

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: E-Z Funk - 10/08/17 01:26 AM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Funk is always welcome here, 24/7 smile Especially relaxing and harmonious like this one. Great song to celebrate National Get Funky Day smile

Janne

Hi Janne.

Thanks for the visit. Glad you enjoyed the funk! Thanks for the nice words!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: E-Z Funk - 10/08/17 01:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Great work here! You captured a perfectly relaxing vibe here - it was easy to just listen and dry away. I wouldn't change a thing! Nothing like some good old fashion calming funk music smile

Thanks so much for sharing!

Hey Deryk,

Hope all is fine up in BC. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your countrymen. Glad you enjoyed this laid back piece. I appreciate the kindness! Best to you,

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: E-Z Funk - 10/08/17 01:29 AM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
very nice mix on this

that piano sounds so good

well done on setting this ez funk mood

enjoyed

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

So glad ya stopped by for a listen. This was a submission for a film but didn't get selected. Hmmmm - I seem to say that a lot! Glad the piano works for you. Thanks for the very nice comments. Best,

Alan
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: E-Z Funk - 10/08/17 08:42 PM
Sounds great Alan! You are in a musical frame of mind 24/7! I was imagining all sorts of musical fills and melody all the way through! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Al-David Re: E-Z Funk - 10/09/17 04:50 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Sounds great Alan! You are in a musical frame of mind 24/7! I was imagining all sorts of musical fills and melody all the way through! Thanks, Torrey

Hi Torrey.

Yeah, I, too, had a few ideas for some fill but they wanted a musical bed with little to no melody, so that's what I gave them. I'll probably leave it as is for a while. Maybe another submission opportunity will cime my way. Glad you liked it! And, indeed, I have music on my mind 24/7! I've written or co-written over 800 songs and still have dozens of ideas. Thanks for the listen - much appreciated!

Alan
Posted By: floyd jane Re: E-Z Funk - 10/09/17 10:49 AM
Well done, Alan. Nice mix. Good listen. - fj
Posted By: dani48 Re: E-Z Funk - 10/09/17 09:39 PM
Hi, Al & Di !

This makes me weak !
Can´t remember when I,
if ever, heard such superbly
smooth and sweet music !!!!
This is definitely one of
your best !!!!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Al-David Re: E-Z Funk - 10/09/17 11:17 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Well done, Alan. Nice mix. Good listen. - fj

Thanks a bunch, Floyd!
Posted By: Al-David Re: E-Z Funk - 10/09/17 11:18 PM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Al & Di !

This makes me weak !
Can´t remember when I,
if ever, heard such superbly
smooth and sweet music !!!!
This is definitely one of
your best !!!!

Cheers
Dani

Thank you, Dani! Those are very nice words that put a smile on our faces. We appreciate that!!!

Al & DI
Posted By: lambada Re: E-Z Funk - 10/10/17 12:25 AM
Love it! Crusaders, Spyro Gyra, Shakatak? A nice female vocal perhaps? Great production.
Posted By: Al-David Re: E-Z Funk - 10/10/17 02:27 AM
Originally Posted By: lambada
Love it! Crusaders, Spyro Gyra, Shakatak? A nice female vocal perhaps? Great production.

Thanks for the listen and nice comments. I've not yet decided what I want to do with it. I'm loving the Spyro Gyra comments! Even if I add a vocal or lead instrumental track, I'm still gonna keep this musical bed. There are frequent calls from film & TV folks for these kind of tracks. Appreciate the suggestions and nice words.

Alan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: E-Z Funk - 10/10/17 06:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool reminds me of the theme songs from Kojak or Shaft especially with the wah

Exactly!

Very cool and, man, the mix was spot on.

J&B
Posted By: Al-David Re: E-Z Funk - 10/10/17 10:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Originally Posted By: Scott C

Exactly!

Very cool and, man, the mix was spot on.

J&B

Hey guys ... thanks so much. That's pretty much the sound I was going for. I'm glad it came through as such,. Thanks again!

ALan
Posted By: David Snyder Re: E-Z Funk - 10/11/17 10:07 AM
Alan,

This is cool. All it needs is some Barry White vocals.

By the way, how many songs a minute can you write???

smile
Posted By: Al-David Re: E-Z Funk - 10/11/17 08:09 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Alan,

This is cool. All it needs is some Barry White vocals.

By the way, how many songs a minute can you write???

smile

Thanks David,

Just last night, SDi asked me if I thought I could do a Barry White-type vocal for this!!! Good minds thinking in unison! Actually, I got a vocal goody from FedEx a couple fo hours ago - A TC Helicon vocal processor - the Voice Live edition. Looking forward to playing around with it tomorrow. In fact, it specifically has a Barry White setting on it to help enrich your voice in that direction. We'll see! For $2560.00, it had better do something to make my voice sound a little more listenable!

After I lay around with it and figure our some of the options and effects, I'll record a song pr two and post them. We'll see how it goes.

Glad you liked this. Thanks for letting me know!

Alan

PS: To answer your last question ... I can do two a day with no problem. Since I don't do the "Big Sound" thing like you, Torrey and few others do, I don't need as much time. Right now, I have over a dozen songs ready to go! I;ve written all of thenm over the past two weeks.
Posted By: MarioD Re: E-Z Funk - 10/12/17 05:57 PM
Isaac Hayes is back and he brought Spyro Gyra with him!

This is a great 70's cop/spy movie track. Excellent work on this brilliant production.

This is a keeper.
Posted By: Al-David Re: E-Z Funk - 10/12/17 06:54 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Isaac Hayes is back and he brought Spyro Gyra with him!

This is a great 70's cop/spy movie track. Excellent work on this brilliant production.

This is a keeper.

Hey Mario,

You're much too kind. But that's okay!~ Thank you so much for those kind words. Sure do appreciate them!

Alan
Posted By: RnAM Re: E-Z Funk - 10/14/17 05:44 PM
You're forgiven Al wink
Well we sure can hear where your musical roots come from:
Starsky and Hutch, Baretta, Charlie's Angels, we could go on....

But you sure master the skill to make this sound really 70s authentic!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: E-Z Funk - 10/16/17 03:31 PM
Originally Posted By: lambada

That is the vibe I heard!! Very nice. I'm going to have to play with those RTs. I'm guessing that's Jeff Lorber on the keys-love that EP!! Thanks for posting! Take care. Greg
Posted By: animarorecords Re: E-Z Funk - 10/17/17 03:13 AM
Hello, Alan

Very nice TV movie soundtrack!
Rhodes piano and woh woh guitar are really nice.
A little melody is pleasant in this case.
The chord progression and the syncopations of woh woh guitar are very nice.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Al-David Re: E-Z Funk - 10/17/17 08:15 AM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Alan

Very nice TV movie soundtrack!
Rhodes piano and woh woh guitar are really nice.
A little melody is pleasant in this case.
The chord progression and the syncopations of woh woh guitar are very nice.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you, Shigeki! Glad you liked it!!!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: E-Z Funk - 11/07/17 12:34 AM
Hi Al,

I love the sound of this composition. The style sits incredibly comfortably with you... very classy.

After listening to your and Di's outstanding music on here for some time now, I once again find myself marvelling at your diversity. Whatever genre you choose to work in, you do it with excellence. One of the things that I love about BIAB is that it makes 'genre hopping' really easy. So many times on this forum, you two show us how it's done.

Best wishes to you both,
Noel
Posted By: Al-David Re: E-Z Funk - 11/07/17 03:38 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Al,

I love the sound of this composition. The style sits incredibly comfortably with you... very classy.

After listening to your and Di's outstanding music on here for some time now, I once again find myself marvelling at your diversity. Whatever genre you choose to work in, you do it with excellence. One of the things that I love about BIAB is that it makes 'genre hopping' really easy. So many times on this forum, you two show us how it's done.

Best wishes to you both,
Noel

Hi Again, Noel.

Thank you very much for the really wonderful comments. This is a genre that just come to me without a second thought. What I've always liked about RnB is it's ability to set a definite mood - probably more so than most other genres. And what makes that uncanny is the breadth of moods it can impart. Di and I are huge fans of the Do-[*****] of the 50s and early 60s and the Smooth RnB of the mid-sixties through the late-seventies.

We appreciate your comments so much! Again, thank you.

Alan & Di
© PG Music Forums