PG Music Home
Posted By: RnAM Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/14/17 06:14 PM

Some of you may still remember a Dutch song contest we participated in, one or two years back.
Those may also remember that we did not win frown well.....

Anyway, that was not the original version. Anne-Marie adjusted the lyrics for the contest's theme.

This however, is the original version, with the original video. Shot at Anne-Marie's place.
(Which is now my place too ;-))

Hope you'll like it, as always any comments are welcome.

This song is featured on our album The Road

Lyrics

thoughts keep entering my mind
as I watch the hours go
and I feel the days flow
doubt has taken over me
and I can't begin to tell you how I feel

after all these years
of firmly believing in it all
my look has changed
new love's embraced

when you left your home back then
being only 17 it was the greatest thing you'd ever need
flying on the wings of love
and now you can recall the way you used to be

and every time I'm here
an uncertain future getting near
though your love's still strong
you won't be here for long

Oh my where will we go

CHORUS

Oh my where will we go from here

Style is ALBERTI.STY (Alberti Classical Piano)
BassCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
PianoCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
MelodyCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic Piano (1), Acoustic Piano (1),
RealTracks in song: 1680:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)
Oboe/Flute sequence played by Rob

Very beautiful! Cool video too. Renaissance man!!!

smile
Wow, what a stunning piece. It has a haunting, ethereal quality to it. I loved the slow build in the later half of the song too!

Not a thing I'd change here - thank for sharing smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/14/17 08:44 PM
This is perfect! I really loved the instrumentation you used. Plus the video was icing on a cake that was already iced! Loved it!

This is a keeper.
Posted By: edshaw Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/14/17 08:49 PM
Splendid.
Very sophisticated concepts.
Rob, there must have been some VERY GOOD material in that contest for this song to not win!! This song is beautiful and your vocal is perfect (never off-pitch always spot on). You two (in my opinion) put up the best all around audio/video production we have on the forum. Great work! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: RnAM Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/14/17 11:11 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Very beautiful! Cool video too. Renaissance man!!!

smile

Renaissance man..... I sure take that as a complement!
Cool, thank you!

Rob
I am continually amazed at your work. I am humbled at times to realize how limited my musical education has been. You are going places I cannot yet imagine. I learned what little I do know playing in some unmentionable clubs and blind pigs throughout the south. At 71 I have a long way to go and a short time to get there. Wonderful job!
Rob you have such clarity to your voice.
I really enjoyed this.
Thanks to both of you.
Rob.
Rob and Anne-Marie,

A wonderful, bittersweet and evocative piece. The lyric is so good and,Rob, your voice is always so pure. I was so taken in with the video I had to watch it twice - will go back for more listens, I am sure. Thi8s was a real treat. The two of you are accomplished entertainers. I think I speak for most folks on the forum when I say we appreciate the great music you share with us. It was mesmerizing!

Alan
Posted By: rayc Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/15/17 08:57 AM
Melancholy and sweet. Well done.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/15/17 11:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow, what a stunning piece. It has a haunting, ethereal quality to it. I loved the slow build in the later half of the song too!

Not a thing I'd change here - thank for sharing smile

Thank you Deryk always appreciate your comments!

Rob
What a beautiful song Rob and Anne-Marie. Vocals were so good. Loved the piano and flute
Posted By: dani48 Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/15/17 12:08 PM
Hi, Rob and Anne-Marie !

It´s been said but I have
to say it too - this is
a very beautiful song and
so delicately performed too.
It has all the elements of
a hit tune - could go into
a movie or a musical too !!!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/15/17 12:12 PM
I do like it!

Beautiful melody, gorgeous song

great vocal

super song!

Kenny
Rob & Anne-Marie,

Delicate, romantic and beautiful- for me one of your best ballads.
Your vocal is flawless, Rob.
This does have the feel of a movie song ... and the video is stylish and evocative.
Well done!

Robert
Posted By: RnAM Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/15/17 11:41 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
This is perfect! I really loved the instrumentation you used. Plus the video was icing on a cake that was already iced! Loved it!

This is a keeper.

Thank you Mario, appreciated as always!

Rob
Posted By: RnAM Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/16/17 02:09 PM
Originally Posted By: edshaw
Splendid.
Very sophisticated concepts.

Thank you Ed, surely appreciated!
Rob & Anne-Marie,

Beautiful - as always. Gorgeous vocals. Nice instrumentation, excellent mix.

GREAT video! They just get better all the time. Top notch.

floyd
Wonderful production!! Very melodic. Love the arrangement, vocal, and oboe/flute. Video is really cool too!! Great stuff!! Take care. Greg
Hello, Rob and Anne-Marie

Very beautiful song!
I love its classical feel so much.
The melody and the chord progression are really nice.
The vocals are also splendid.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: RnAM Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/17/17 04:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Rob, there must have been some VERY GOOD material in that contest for this song to not win!! This song is beautiful and your vocal is perfect (never off-pitch always spot on). You two (in my opinion) put up the best all around audio/video production we have on the forum. Great work! Thanks, Torrey

Thank you Torrey, well I don't think it was all that much about very good material, but had more to do with the age of the contestants (guess they were focusing on a 'young ' audience).
Well, nevermind, it's been a while ;-)
Thank you for the awesome complement!

Rob
Rob and Anne-Marie,

I am always so impressed with your work! This is certainly no exception. Like Torrey said, there must have been some incredible song that was submitted by someone else if you didn't win that competition. This is so professionally done, and your vocals sound as good as ever. All on top of a very well written song.

As always, great work! Looking forward to what you submit next!

Steve
Posted By: Jim Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/18/17 01:59 PM
A very good composition and I really enjoyed listening to the chord progression of your piece. In another area of the forum, users posed the question "Is Good Music Dying Away?". Perhaps the answer can be found in this same "User Showcase" section of the forum...

there's a lot music here which is pleasing to my ear.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/19/17 12:48 PM
Originally Posted By: guitar1
I am continually amazed at your work. I am humbled at times to realize how limited my musical education has been. You are going places I cannot yet imagine. I learned what little I do know playing in some unmentionable clubs and blind pigs throughout the south. At 71 I have a long way to go and a short time to get there. Wonderful job!

Well, that sure is a positive response, much appreciated!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Rob and Anne-Marie, this is just so beautiful.

Every part of this song has so much polish, and the vision adds an extra layer of professionalism.

I really enjoyed this. No surprise there though wink
Posted By: RnAM Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/20/17 01:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Rob you have such clarity to your voice.
I really enjoyed this.
Thanks to both of you.
Rob.

Thank you Rob, that is really appreciated!

Rob & Anne-Marie
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/20/17 02:01 PM
hi rob&ann beautiful peace here very engaging and seasoned perfect love your songs thanks eric
Posted By: RnAM Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/21/17 01:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Rob and Anne-Marie,

A wonderful, bittersweet and evocative piece. The lyric is so good and,Rob, your voice is always so pure. I was so taken in with the video I had to watch it twice - will go back for more listens, I am sure. Thi8s was a real treat. The two of you are accomplished entertainers. I think I speak for most folks on the forum when I say we appreciate the great music you share with us. It was mesmerizing!

Alan

Well, we are flattered Alan. Thank you so much!

Rob & Anne-Marie
Rob, Anne-Marie

Beautiful song. Your vocal is wonderful.

SD
This song reminds me of a 70's era love song and I love it!

I am amazed and thrilled about how these songs are being produced with the use of Biab. Such talented forum members we have with such amazing music. Thanks for sharing it with us, loved this.

Trax
Posted By: RnAM Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/23/17 03:39 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Melancholy and sweet. Well done.

Thank you Ray, appreciated!

Rob & Anne-Marie
Rob, I second what Torrey said 100%. Beautiful piece.

Mike B.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/24/17 09:54 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a beautiful song Rob and Anne-Marie. Vocals were so good. Loved the piano and flute

Thank you Scott, much appreciated!
"Very beautiful! Cool video too. Renaissance man!!!" As David said...yeah!

The piano, flute/oboe and vocals are all so special in this fine arrangement. The words have already been mentioned but "classy" and "sophisticated" well fit.

The entire audio and video productions are engaging and remarkably well done.

Kudos!

J&B
Posted By: RnAM Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 10/26/17 03:25 PM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Rob and Anne-Marie !

It´s been said but I have
to say it too - this is
a very beautiful song and
so delicately performed too.
It has all the elements of
a hit tune - could go into
a movie or a musical too !!!

Cheers
Dani

Thank you Dani that is so much appreciated!
Quite Superb!
Ian
Beautiful one RnAM.
There is a delicacy/honesty/sophistication/clarity about your work
that is hard to define but most delightful. Cheers.
I really love the renaissance feel to this song and video! It's absolutely stunning, and you guys did a fantastic job!

I especially love these lyrics:

"and every time I'm here
you won't be here for long"

Great job! <3 Even if it's an older one, it's still top quality!
Posted By: RnAM Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 11/02/17 08:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I really love the renaissance feel to this song and video! It's absolutely stunning, and you guys did a fantastic job!

I especially love these lyrics:

"and every time I'm here
you won't be here for long"

Great job! <3 Even if it's an older one, it's still top quality!

Thank you Ember!
What can I say, it's all true life experience... laugh
Also thank you:
Kenny, Robert, Floyd, Greg, Shigeki, Steve, Jim, Trevor, Eric, Spacedog, Trax, Mike, J&B, Ian and Rich, your comments are really appreciated!

We will be back on the forum soon, currently I'm very busy with my software program development.

Thanks again,
Rob
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Oh my where will we go - original version - 11/19/17 02:41 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Rob & Anne-Marie,

Beautiful - as always. Gorgeous vocals. Nice instrumentation, excellent mix.

GREAT video! They just get better all the time. Top notch.

floyd

Rob and Anne-Marie,

I totally agree with floyd (and all the others, too, by the way). This is stunning music.... very moody, very haunting and a thoroughly enjoyable journey of first class music and first class Youtube presentation. The singing, the music, the arrangement, the video all work hand-in-hand to create a really fine piece of aural and visual art.

You are both incredibly talented in so many ways!

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums