PG Music Home
Posted By: lambada Bossa Nothing - 10/15/17 11:14 AM
Another track awaiting lyrics and melody. laugh
https://soundcloud.com/salsatomebaby/bossa-nothing
Created completely in Realband and Reaper. To my ears, Soundcloud has torn out some of its punch..... cry

Realtracks:
RT2607 Bass Electric Slap funk Ev 16 110
RealDrums BossaBrushes
RT706 Guitar Electric Soloist Bossa Nova Ev 140
RT1104 Guitar Nylon Rhythm Bossa Nova Ev 140
RT2781 Horn Section Background Crooner Bossa 10 part Ev 110
RT2507 String Quartet, Rhythm Pop Even Chamber Ev 120
RT470 Piano Acoustic Rhythm Bossa Ev 140
RT475 Sax, Alto Bossa Ev 140
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bossa Nothing - 10/15/17 03:49 PM
Hi,

We're big fans of Bossa Nova. This is a nice piece that should be a real nice song once a melody and lyric are created for it. What I particularly liked about this is how the simplicity of it carried it so nicely. Really good start on this ... enjoyed it.

Alan
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Bossa Nothing - 10/15/17 08:29 PM
lambada, lots of potential here to go in several directions lyrically. I like the energy that manifests itself in the B part of the song. I agree that sometimes it seems that something is lost in the "punch" of the song when posting on SoundCloud due to compression. Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: MarioD Re: Bossa Nothing - 10/15/17 08:37 PM
Yes, lots of potential here and many ways you can go from here.

I agree that Soundcloud makes a song a lot "duller" that the original. It must be their compression algorithm.

Good luck.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Bossa Nothing - 10/19/17 11:18 AM
Missed this one. Loved this backtrack. Have not tried this style. Has a beautiful rhythm to it
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Bossa Nothing - 10/19/17 01:54 PM
Very enjoyable, and yes it's really calling out for a melody.

Absolutely lots of potential.
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Bossa Nothing - 10/19/17 02:39 PM
Nice sounding track,

all the instruments sit in the mix well,

love the nylon string guitar,

there's a great melody hiding in there

Kenny
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Bossa Nothing - 10/19/17 09:30 PM
Dont give up it will come together.
Good production.
Rob
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Bossa Nothing - 10/23/17 06:48 PM
Nice track!! My advice is (as Nike says): Just do it! Write a melody and lyric and just see what comes to you. Sometimes it is easier than you expect. Good luck! Your off to a good start!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Bossa Nothing - 10/24/17 11:18 AM
Great work on this! It's got a great groove to it, and it had my foot tapping within the first few bars. I can't wait to hear the lyric and melody you come up with for this one!

Thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: lambada Re: Bossa Nothing - 10/25/17 01:16 AM
Thanks guys. Just need some quiet time:-)
Posted By: bluage Re: Bossa Nothing - 10/25/17 03:47 AM
Hey, there, "lambada"...

I like very much the title of your song, "Bossa Nothing". It casts somewhat of a despairing, existential aura over the song that matches what I hear, which is a very minor key bossa nova with a downbeat feel and mood. The sax and string interludes add a splash of drama while the guitar solo lends a brief warmth to the track, as though a speeded-up sun was setting too quickly for us to remember its light and heat.

This is a different and therefore memorable bossa nova instrumental. It has an almost tragic sound. Band-In-A-Box's RealTracks and RealDrums seem to respond in a musical way to the personality of the composer as revealed in your chord changes and arrangement, in my opinion, at least.

LOREN
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Bossa Nothing - 10/25/17 08:33 AM
Neil,

It's already been said, and I agree, there's a lot of potential waiting to be used in this audio. Latin rhythms are always great listening. I find it impossible not to get caught up.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: lambada Re: Bossa Nothing - 10/25/17 12:03 PM
I'd better get a move on! Nothing like a bit of pressure to find a half decent melody, write meaningful lyrics and then perform it.:-)
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Bossa Nothing - 10/25/17 02:00 PM
Oh, I'm really excited to hear what this is going to sound like once it has lyrics, but it's pretty awesome already! I'm a big fan of lyrics ( perhaps because I love poetry in general ), so I'm rather eager to hear what you do with the song in the end!
© PG Music Forums