PG Music Home
Posted By: furry A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/04/17 03:57 PM
This tune is about 30 years old, and was composed for a close friend of mine. His mother had died recently and he wanted a tune that would be played by a band at our local theater in her memory. It was played a few weeks later and I was lucky it got quite a lot of airplay on local radio.
Only real tracks used is the bass as piano couldn't cope with the tempo. THIS is why we MUST have more piano solos for really slow tempos. I used the midi super track celtic air, and a choir from the reason 3 synth

A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd
Graham, what a beautiful piece here. And a very moving tribute. Your accordion always sounds so good. This is very heartfelt, and professional. I can certainly see why it got a lot of airplay.

Just beautiful.

Steve
Yet another amazing tune, furry. I really enjoyed this one, despite the reason why the song was created (so sad). That's really cool that it got some time on the local radio! smile I can see why it got the airtime!

Can't wait to hear your next one.
Graham,

A lovely tribute. Your accordion has a rich full sound here and the angel choir in the background works well.
I see what you mean about the slow piano RT- I hope your wish is heard!

Robert
Posted By: furry Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/04/17 10:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Graham, what a beautiful piece here. And a very moving tribute. Your accordion always sounds so good. This is very heartfelt, and professional. I can certainly see why it got a lot of airplay.

Just beautiful.

Steve

Thanks Steve, it had been lying dormant for ages, so I thought it was time I used some new trickery on it. The Celtic air is brilliant for backing, it's just a shame I couldn't use further real tracks
Graham,

Gentle, hauntingly beautiful, and fitting to the moment, just perfectly.

A marvelous tribute.
Hello, Graham

Very beautiful tune with really nostalgic melody!
I entirely agree with Robert.
A lovely tribute. Your accordion has a rich full sound here and the angel choir in the background works well.
The accordion's key nois is very real.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Scott C Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/05/17 10:21 AM
Lovely piece Graham. Very enjoyable.
Posted By: furry Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/05/17 10:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Yet another amazing tune, furry. I really enjoyed this one, despite the reason why the song was created (so sad). That's really cool that it got some time on the local radio! smile I can see why it got the airtime!

Can't wait to hear your next one.

Hi Ember, glad you like this one as well and thanks for the comments. Have passed it on to a few musicians recently so hopefully it#ll gather up some steam again
Posted By: lambada Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/05/17 11:06 PM
A beautiful and fitting tribute. I spent a lot of my youth fishing and sailing on Loch Lomond. smile
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/05/17 11:17 PM

Thirty years old or not, still stands up well.
Very nice Graham. Rob
What a beautiful and heartfelt song, Graham smile I was really touched by this one, and I wouldn't have guessed it was 30 years old at this point. It definitely help us extraordinary well!

Thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: furry Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/06/17 01:09 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Graham,

Gentle, hauntingly beautiful, and fitting to the moment, just perfectly.

A marvelous tribute.

Thanks Trev, just prayinh that Santa will be good to us this year and us some lovely slow piano real tracks this year grin
Posted By: furry Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/06/17 01:10 PM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Graham

Very beautiful tune with really nostalgic melody!
I entirely agree with Robert.
The accordion's key nois is very real.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks Shigeki

I REALLY love using the choir a lot as you've probably guess by now. It gives an added dimention to music
Posted By: furry Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/07/17 06:16 AM
Originally Posted By: lambada
A beautiful and fitting tribute. I spent a lot of my youth fishing and sailing on Loch Lomond. smile

Oddly enough I've never been to Loch Lomond. It's a probable 4 hr run from here
A nice tribute tune, Graham.
Lovely write, arrangement, performance, mix and video.

All adds up to a superb tribute.

J&B
Posted By: MarioD Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/07/17 05:18 PM
Graham you did one outstanding job on the tribute. The mix is perfect and the sound choices are outstanding. You should never let a song like this site for 30 years.
Posted By: dani48 Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/07/17 05:38 PM
Hi, Graham !

What a nice tune and
superb tribute, no wonder
they aired it on the radio
so much ! I liked it very
much !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: furry Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/07/17 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a beautiful and heartfelt song, Graham smile I was really touched by this one, and I wouldn't have guessed it was 30 years old at this point. It definitely help us extraordinary well!

Thanks so much for sharing smile

Thanks Deryk, time sure does fly don't it ?
Posted By: furry Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/08/17 07:41 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A nice tribute tune, Graham.

Thanks Floyd
Posted By: furry Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/08/17 09:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Lovely write, arrangement, performance, mix and video.

All adds up to a superb tribute.

J&B

Thansk guys, more to come I hope
Posted By: furry Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/08/17 09:42 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Graham you did one outstanding job on the tribute. The mix is perfect and the sound choices are outstanding. You should never let a song like this site for 30 years.

Hiya Mario, thanks old buddy, it was really enjoyable working on it again, and plan to dig a few others out of the crypt and restore them.
Posted By: furry Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/09/17 08:54 PM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Graham !

What a nice tune and
superb tribute, no wonder
they aired it on the radio
so much ! I liked it very
much !:))

Cheers
Dani

Hiya Dani, thanks for the nice comment
Posted By: PeterF Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/10/17 10:44 PM
Graham

Really pretty and a lovely tribute.

Peter
Posted By: furry Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/11/17 08:02 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Graham

Really pretty and a lovely tribute.

Peter

Thanks Peter, appreciate the comment
Lovely tune Graham!! Very melodic and emotional. Beautiful pics too. Is this close to where you live? Enjoyed!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: furry Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 11/14/17 12:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Lovely tune Graham!! Very melodic and emotional. Beautiful pics too. Is this close to where you live? Enjoyed!! Take care. Greg

Hiya Greg, Thanks for the comment. all the pics are from around the Loch Lomond area which is a good distance from where I stay near Inverness
Very nice Graham! And a great tribute! The accordion sounds really good! Thanks, Torrey
Beautiful song and playing. It's a very nice sounding mix also. It sounds like it could have been recorded live.
Posted By: furry Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 12/01/17 07:50 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Very nice Graham! And a great tribute! The accordion sounds really good! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Tory, I somehow missed your comment when you posted it. Sorry
This is a beautiful tribute to your friends' mother Furry. Great choices on the instrumentation too. Bravo!
Posted By: furry Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 12/01/17 08:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Beautiful song and playing. It's a very nice sounding mix also. It sounds like it could have been recorded live.

Thanks Jim, I've always been very pernickety about the quality. Glad you liked it
Posted By: furry Re: A tribute to the late Mrs Helen Shepherd - 12/02/17 01:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
This is a beautiful tribute to your friends' mother Furry. Great choices on the instrumentation too. Bravo!

Thanks Joe, biab DOES give such a good choice to play with grin
© PG Music Forums