PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David Maybe Next Time - 11/10/17 05:55 PM
Maybe Next Time

A sad guitar Instrumental I've been messing around with for a few days. It's all BIAB with a little help from Audacity. Hope you enjoy it a bit.

TitleFile:Maybe Next Time.MGU
Key=F , Tempo 73, Length (m:s)=3:30
Style is _BRAVELY.STY (Bravely Country Pop Solo Ballad)

RealTracks in song: 1825:Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveHeld Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: ~2505:Piano, Electric, HeldChords 085
RealTracks in song: 910:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothBallad Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: ~508:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dire Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 2690:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Slow16thsPopBrentSimple Ev16 075
RealDrums in Song: CountryEven8: a: Brushes, HiHat b: Snare, Ride
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/10/17 06:23 PM

Nice.

Man are you going for a song a day???

smile
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/10/17 07:31 PM
Al,

Moody and classy - don`t think I`ve heard that Brent Mason lead before.
Are you looking for licensing with all your instrumentals?

Robert
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/10/17 07:37 PM
Hi Al. Your always producing something great. Rob
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/10/17 08:01 PM
I really like the art choice you made for this track. While I wouldn't say that "sad" was the immediate emotion that came to mind, I would say "moody" is quite fitting! As always, this piece is amazing no matter what emotion it reminds the listener of. I certainly enjoyed it more than just a bit, and really liked the guitar in this one especially.

Thanks for sharing another amazing song.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/10/17 08:33 PM
Alan,

That is a great listen. Like Robert, I think that soloist has "slipped by me"... glad you used it - and used it so well... Awesome.

Excellent mix. Terrific listen. Really nice...

fj
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/10/17 08:41 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Nice.

Man are you going for a song a day???

smile

Hey David ...

Thanks - glad you liked it.

I "could" do a song a day; but I always wait 2 - 4 days between so as not to hog the board. I have a couple of dozen ready to go. When I was being assaulted by 8 months of chemo, I composed about 60 instrumentals, some of which I've already posted. And recently, I've spent quite a bit of time with BIAB.

The sad part is I have 7 or 8 ready for Di but her health has deteriorated so badly she just can't sing any more except on the rarest of occasions. It's sadly because I rarely get to hear angelic voice any more.

OK, I've blabbed enough. Thanks again! Best to you and yours.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/10/17 08:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Al,

Moody and classy - don`t think I`ve heard that Brent Mason lead before.
Are you looking for licensing with all your instrumentals?

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the nice comments. I appreciate that. And I ran across this Brent Mason track purely by accident. I was looking for a Pat Mathey track for a different song when I happened to see this one. I listened to it and told myself I really need to write something using that track because it's so danged good. This is what I ended up with.

I'm trying to license about half of my songs. The other half simply aren't of the quality needed for licensing. They're just songs i enjoyed doing. I currently use three avenues to submit for licensing: Songtrdr, Broadjam and a lady I know up in New Jersey.

So far, I've had two songs licensed over the past couple of years. It's not that many or that much money, but it has bought me a few steaks dinners and made several car payments!

Best to you,

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/10/17 08:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I really like the art choice you made for this track. While I wouldn't say that "sad" was the immediate emotion that came to mind, I would say "moody" is quite fitting! As always, this piece is amazing no matter what emotion it reminds the listener of. I certainly enjoyed it more than just a bit, and really liked the guitar in this one especially.

Thanks for sharing another amazing song.

Hi Ember!

Awwwww! You always say the nicest things. Thank you. I'm glad this one rests nicely in your ears.

And you might be right about "sad". perhaps I should rethink that particular word. I'm beyond happy it "amazed' you. That's a real nice compliment.

Wishing you and everyone at PG Music the very best. Always a delight to hear from you.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/10/17 08:58 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

That is a great listen. Like Robert, I think that soloist has "slipped by me"... glad you used it - and used it so well... Awesome.

Excellent mix. Terrific listen. Really nice...

fj

Hi Floyd,

Thank you so much. I like this one quite a bit myself. Brent came through for me! he's pretty good, ya know.

The mix was the hardest part on this one. It was difficult to get the rhythm section, primarily piano and guitar. It was a very narrow range where they set such that they were audible but not overbearing. Electric pianos and B3 organs are always a task for me, as far as mixing. Not sure why, but they are.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your listen. Thanks for letting me know. Best to you and yours,

Alan
Posted By: dani48 Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/10/17 09:30 PM
Hi, Al & Di !:))

I get very weak by
such soft sweet lovely
tunes like this one !
somehow it makes me
yearn for my lady
and that is probably
what you also aimed at ?

A most sweet and lovely
lovefilled tune !

Take Care !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: PeterF Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/10/17 11:05 PM
Alan

Sounds great - strong composition and nice mix.
Excellent use of Brent's playing.

Peter
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/11/17 09:02 AM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Al & Di !:))

I get very weak by
such soft sweet lovely
tunes like this one !
somehow it makes me
yearn for my lady
and that is probably
what you also aimed at ?

A most sweet and lovely
lovefilled tune !

Take Care !

Hi Dani,

Thank you very much for those nice words. You put a smile on my face. Wishing you and yours the very best.

Alan

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/11/17 09:03 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Alan

Sounds great - strong composition and nice mix.
Excellent use of Brent's playing.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks a bunch. Glad you enjoyed it. I appreciate the kind comments. And yeah, brent rarely misses a note - he's pretty dependable! Thanks again and wishing you the best.

Alan
Posted By: RnAM Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/11/17 06:48 PM
No really, this time we thought you played the solo yourself, 'cause we couldn't tell if it was a real guitarist playing or a realtrack!
That means.... you've done EXCELLENT work with this soloist!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: jannesan Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/12/17 04:31 AM
Very sweet and mellow. Great mix. And that soloist really sounds a true player.

Janne
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/12/17 08:33 AM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
No really, this time we thought you played the solo yourself, 'cause we couldn't tell if it was a real guitarist playing or a realtrack!
That means.... you've done EXCELLENT work with this soloist!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Hi there!

Thanks for taking a listen ... glad you enjoyed it. It's one of my favorites of the instrumentals I've composed in recent months. And you are correct ... the tracks sounds like a live player. I was quite surprised and pleased with the sound.

Thanks again. Wishing both of you the very best.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/12/17 08:34 AM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very sweet and mellow. Great mix. And that soloist really sounds a true player.

Janne

Thanks a lot, Janne! I'm delighted you liked it. And i agree, that particular Real track is terrific!

^Thanks again. Wishing you well.

Alan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/14/17 07:37 PM
Those newish "simple" solo guitar tracks are great - as evidenced by the fine use you put this one to.

Nice, mellow and would seem to fit in a variety of "placement" situations.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/14/17 09:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Those newish "simple" solo guitar tracks are great - as evidenced by the fine use you put this one to.

Nice, mellow and would seem to fit in a variety of "placement" situations.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Hi J&B!

Thanks for the kindness shown! I ran across that particular Brent Mason track while looking for a Pat Matheny track. I'd never seen it before, so I clicked onto it immediately loved it. I put the other track aside and worked this one out instead.

And yes, it is a rather simple, straightforward sound. I'm glad you two liked it. I've already loaded it up at Songtrdr and will wait for the right opportunity to come along to submit for a placement.

Wishing you both the very best,

Alan
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/15/17 12:47 PM
You nailed this! It definitely has a somber quality to it, but I found it easy to tap my foot to still and it definitely feels very emotionally driven. Also, the arrangement on this was executed perfectly. I don't think I'd change a thing here.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/15/17 09:13 PM
Wow, so sweet!! Reminds me of some of the great Eagles' solos. Your last instrumental inspired a new song I'm finishing up. I may fire up "this band" as well and see where it leads. Great listen!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/16/17 03:48 AM
Hello, Alan

Very smooth! Very nice!
As Robert said, moody and classy.
The chord progression and guitar play seem to flow.
And I also have the same question as David.
"Man are you going for a song a day???"
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Scott C Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/16/17 02:28 PM
Loved this Alan. Guitar is excellent. Boy the man can play. Really nice listen. Beautiful backtrack
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/17/17 12:30 PM
great use of the two pianos

mix sounds very good

enjoyable listen!

Kenny
Posted By: RichMac Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/18/17 06:46 AM
Hi Al.
That's a pretty classy piece of music.
The guitar sounds quite saxlike to me in places.
Very nice.
Cheers.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/18/17 06:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
You nailed this! It definitely has a somber quality to it, but I found it easy to tap my foot to still and it definitely feels very emotionally driven. Also, the arrangement on this was executed perfectly. I don't think I'd change a thing here.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile

Hi Deryk,

Always great to hear from you. And thanks for those nice words. I'm delighted the emotion comes through - that was the intention. I don't plan on changing anything! best to you and the PG Music Staff.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/18/17 06:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Wow, so sweet!! Reminds me of some of the great Eagles' solos. Your last instrumental inspired a new song I'm finishing up. I may fire up "this band" as well and see where it leads. Great listen!! Take care. Greg

Hi greg,

Thanks so much. I really appreciate that! And it's such a compliment to know you inspired someone else with your work. Anxious to hear what you come up with.

Wishing you the very best.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/18/17 06:36 PM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Alan

Very smooth! Very nice!
As Robert said, moody and classy.
The chord progression and guitar play seem to flow.
And I also have the same question as David.
"Man are you going for a song a day???"
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

HI Shigeki,

Thank you for those very nice comments! I'm delighted you enjoyed the song. No, not a song a day - but perhaps one every 3 or 4 days. I don't want to "hog" the board. I do have a dozen or so ready to go.

Best to you,

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/18/17 06:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this Alan. Guitar is excellent. Boy the man can play. Really nice listen. Beautiful backtrack

Hi Scoot,

Yes, Brent knows his way around those 6 strings and 22 or so frets. Not too shabby! And thank you for the very nice comments. I appreciate them. Wishing you the best,

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/18/17 06:41 PM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
great use of the two pianos

mix sounds very good

enjoyable listen!

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thank you so much. This one came together pretty quickly. Nice to know you enjoyed it ... thanks! Wishing you the very best,

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/18/17 06:42 PM
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Al.
That's a pretty classy piece of music.
The guitar sounds quite saxlike to me in places.
Very nice.
Cheers.

HI Rich!

Thank you very much. And yes, the guitar has many of the same intonations one would anticipate from a good sax player. Good catch! I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for letting me know. Hope all is well with you,

Alan
Posted By: rcarver Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/18/17 06:56 PM
Nice job!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Next Time - 11/18/17 09:04 PM
Originally Posted By: rcarver
Nice job!

Thank you very much - I appreciate that. Best to you.

Alan
© PG Music Forums