PG Music Home
Posted By: furry Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/14/17 08:42 PM
A tune I composed a couple of days ago. Strathaird is in Skye in the highlands of Scotland.
Accordion used is my Scandalli super 6

Added a choir from the reason library.
This tune is a good example of why biab needs a very slow beautiful piano real track.
And a choir !!

****** Song Summary *************
Title: strathaird
File:strathaird.MGU
Key=D , Tempo 50, Length (m:s)=5:26

MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2056:Piano, Rhythm CelticAir Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1595:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop8thsSteady Ev 065

Strathaird
Posted By: Al-David Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/14/17 09:26 PM
Hi Graham,

Honestly, I never was very fond of accordion music until I started listening to you. I find every song you compose and play on the accordion to be so incredibly beautiful. This is another example of your finesse and skilled touch on the instrument. What a pleasure!

And I agree with you about BIAB needed choral voices and a beautiful slow piana that's not so staccato as the ones they have.

Again, simply beautiful!

Wishing you well,

Alan
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/15/17 12:19 AM
Hi Graham. Once again this ticks all the boxes.
Very melodic. Rob
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/15/17 01:19 AM
Another classic delivery from you Graham.

The melody is both simplistic and really beautiful, and you have definitely done a great job with the choir.

Very nice indeed.

Trev
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/15/17 03:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Graham,

Honestly, I never was very fond of accordion music until I started listening to you. I find every song you compose and play on the accordion to be so incredibly beautiful. This is another example of your finesse and skilled touch on the instrument. What a pleasure!

And I agree with you about BIAB needed choral voices and a beautiful slow piana that's not so staccato as the ones they have.

Again, simply beautiful!

Wishing you well,

Alan

Thanks Alan, I originally had played it on the keyboard using violin as the main instrument but it just seemed too artificial. I aim to get a real fiddler playing it one of these days
Wow, furry, I thoroughly enjoyed this. One word that instantly comes to mind - beautiful. The playing you did on this is stunning. It's easy to sway to and get lost in, and equally as captivating.

Great job here - thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/15/17 02:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Hi Graham. Once again this ticks all the boxes.
Very melodic. Rob

Thanks a million Rob. Now if only Andre Rieu could record it ? eek
Your accordion work is so fantastic! You make them sound so fantastical. I think the accordion is such an underrated instrument. It can make such wonderful sounds that I think a lot of people overlook.

Thanks for sharing this song! <3
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/15/17 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Another classic delivery from you Graham.

The melody is both simplistic and really beautiful, and you have definitely done a great job with the choir.

Very nice indeed.

Trev

Thanks Trev, I really love working with choral fonts, they add another dimension to any track
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/16/17 03:40 AM
Hello, Graham

Your accordion play is always really nice!
The tone of yours is also splendid.
You use a different accordion for each song. How many accordions are owned?
The melody lines is very pleasant and nostalgic as usual.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/16/17 06:10 AM
Thanks Ember, keeping my fingers crossed for some choral and slow piano real tracks.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/16/17 09:47 AM
Sounds good, Graham.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/16/17 02:31 PM
Beautiful tune Graham. I am sure developing a fondness for your music. The accordion when in the right hands is such a beautiful instrument. Well done..
Posted By: Jon Thomas Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/16/17 03:25 PM
Graham,
beatiful track and even more beautiful, sensitive, musical touch of your fingers on the accordion. Fantastic. I think you should record accordion real tracks for BIAB, I would surely buy them :-)
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/16/17 07:16 PM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Graham

Your accordion play is always really nice!
The tone of yours is also splendid.
You use a different accordion for each song. How many accordions are owned?
The melody lines is very pleasant and nostalgic as usual.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks Shigeki. I've 3 accordions, all Italian. Elkavox83, Excelsior 940 and a Scandalli super V1
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/17/17 08:07 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Sounds good, Graham.

Cheers Floyd
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/17/17 09:38 PM
Graham,
I picture you on those rocky shores with this lovely tune going out over the water.
You music raises the profile of a wonderful instrument!

Robert
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/18/17 06:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Beautiful tune Graham. I am sure developing a fondness for your music. The accordion when in the right hands is such a beautiful instrument. Well done..

Thanks Scott always appreciate your comments
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/18/17 12:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Jon Thomas
Graham,
beatiful track and even more beautiful, sensitive, musical touch of your fingers on the accordion. Fantastic. I think you should record accordion real tracks for BIAB, I would surely buy them :-)

Hi Jon, thanks a bunch for the comments.

Would certainly agree to the call if asked by theam grin
Posted By: RnAM Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/18/17 04:51 PM
Beautiful! Music as well as pictures Graham!
Great job!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/18/17 10:48 PM
Awww thanks Robert. If anyone would like the music score, let me know as It's been written out for me
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/19/17 01:33 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Beautiful! Music as well as pictures Graham!
Great job!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks you two glad you enjoyed it
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/21/17 09:39 PM
Hi Furry, this is quite soothing and very relaxing! Great images on the video too. Thank you for sharing this with us! smile
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/22/17 12:56 AM
Really pretty Graham!! You are an excellent composer and player. Enjoyed the music and the beautiful images! Take care. Greg
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/22/17 09:25 AM
Accordion is not an instrument that I listen to that often, but man, maybe I should start! This is a great track!

Not only the accordion, everything about this is wonderful, the composition, the arrangement, and the mix. Well done!

I've been to Strathaird BTW. My dad was Scottish but emigrated to Canada in 1953 just before I was born (in '54). I've visited back there a few times, I still have relatives outside of Glasgow. Last time (10 years ago) we took three weeks to tour around, including a four day trip Skye. Stunningly beautiful countryside!
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/22/17 11:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi Furry, this is quite soothing and very relaxing! Great images on the video too. Thank you for sharing this with us! smile

Thanks A million Joe. Stay tuned, more comin up soon !!
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/22/17 06:49 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Accordion is not an instrument that I listen to that often, but man, maybe I should start! This is a great track!

Not only the accordion, everything about this is wonderful, the composition, the arrangement, and the mix. Well done!

I've been to Strathaird BTW. My dad was Scottish but emigrated to Canada in 1953 just before I was born (in '54). I've visited back there a few times, I still have relatives outside of Glasgow. Last time (10 years ago) we took three weeks to tour around, including a four day trip Skye. Stunningly beautiful countryside!

Thanks Dave, been to Strathaird myself. Beautiful place. Had many great gigs in Skye before I had to give up
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/22/17 08:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Really pretty Graham!! You are an excellent composer and player. Enjoyed the music and the beautiful images! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg, need a bigger house to be able to play & compose more often.
grin
Posted By: PeterF Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/23/17 03:44 AM
Graham

Very evocative and lovely playing.

Peter
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/23/17 11:13 PM
I love the vocal pads in the background!

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/24/17 09:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

Hey Thanks Greg, I do enjoy composing, probably more so these days
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/24/17 09:43 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Graham

Very evocative and lovely playing.

Peter

Thanks Peter, appreciate the comment
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/24/17 11:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
I love the vocal pads in the background!

Cheers
Kent
PG Music

Thanks Kent, they really are brilliant and I've been using them for years too
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/26/17 06:11 PM
I've never picked an accordion up but have been fascinated by the sound since I was a kid.

It's very cool and enjoyable to have a forum member posting songs that feature it.

We enjoyed it very much!

J&B
Posted By: furry Re: Strathaird....New accordion tune - 11/27/17 08:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
I've never picked an accordion up but have been fascinated by the sound since I was a kid.

It's very cool and enjoyable to have a forum member posting songs that feature it.

We enjoyed it very much!

J&B

Thanks a million guys, it's never made my fortune but I enjoy composing grin
© PG Music Forums