PG Music Home
Posted By: SpaceDog Thankful - 11/16/17 11:16 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Forum Friends,

Before everyone heads out for your wonderful Thanksgiving activities, we offer a moment to pause and consider the true meaning of the holiday. Our new song "Thankful" expresses our feelings about this important day.

We hope you enjoy the song and the holiday.

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13656840

SD

P.S. I'll fill in the BIAB technical info and provide the Soundcloud link for PGM radio next week.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Thankful - 11/16/17 11:40 PM
Well timed in more ways the one.

What a great tribute, well presented and a very pleasant listen.

The guitar break gave extra dimension. Beautiful song.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Thankful - 11/17/17 01:13 PM
Good job on this, SpaceDog! It's a well written, and well thought out piece of music. It's got a really good groove too. I found the guitar work here gave it a lot of character, and the arrangement is superb as well.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful tribute with all of us smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: Thankful - 11/17/17 01:32 PM
Lovely tune SD. Super vocal and lyric. Well done
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Thankful - 11/17/17 05:15 PM
Good work Spacedog. Rob
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Thankful - 11/17/17 05:59 PM
Originally Posted By: SpaceDog
Happy Thanksgiving Forum Friends,

Before everyone heads out for your wonderful Thanksgiving activities, we offer a moment to pause and consider the true meaning of the holiday. Our new song "Thankful" expresses our feelings about this important day.

We hope you enjoy the song and the holiday.

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13656840

SD

P.S. I'll fill in the BIAB technical info and provide the Soundcloud link for PGM radio next week.

Hi SpaceDog, thanks for sharing this with us! I enjoyed the guitar and drum parts, very expressive! Well done!
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Thankful - 11/17/17 06:31 PM
VT

Deryk

Scott

Rob

Joe

Thank you all for listening. I'm glad you enjoyed the song.

It seems like you all liked the guitar tracks. Those are all RealTraks. I wish I could play like that. I think the RT#s are 522, 1677, and 1515. Brent Mason plays the 1515 lead guitar track. Wow, what a gifted artist. Thanks PGM for signing him.

The strings are SuperMidi from the BIAB Everything pack. That was the first generation as well. Too easy!!

I was really motivated to write and record this song before I went on holiday. I wanted to be sure it was done for Thanksgiving. I can't think of many other Thanksgiving songs. It just proves my point that people think right past Thanksgiving and go directly Christmas.

Again, thanks for your kind words.

SD
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Thankful - 11/17/17 06:34 PM
Such a fantastic job on this one, SpaceDog! Such a perfect song for the American holiday! Thanks so much for sharing this heartfelt tune.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Thankful - 11/18/17 07:46 PM
Ember,

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.

Being an international forum I was wondering what people might think from other countries.

SD
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Thankful - 11/18/17 08:21 PM
Hi

Your songs are always like a reminder to me, their are nice people with something to say in this world, you say it so beautiful through your own way in music.

Don't for a minute think this is a bad thing, you and your songs make me want to be a better person, because of their natural feel.

P.S. You do look like our prince William, does anybody else see this.

Best
Posted By: Al-David Re: Thankful - 11/18/17 09:09 PM
Hi SD,

What a terrific song! A lot of thought must have gone into the lyric. Lots to like in this. The backing tracks are real nice. i really enjoyed your song. Happy Thanksgiving.

Wishing you the vert best.

Alan
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Thankful - 11/18/17 10:07 PM
I enjoyed the warmth of your gentle song - a sincere and enjoyable reminder of the good stuff.

Robert
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Thankful - 11/19/17 02:18 AM
Beatmaster

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I try to write positive, uplifting music. I figure there are enough angst and negativity in world. Other musicians have first hand experience dealing with dark issues. I'll leave that self expression to them.

I had to laugh. I can see my resemblance to Prince William.

Alan

Thanks. The song came together rather easily, actually. I used several song writing techniques to expedite the work. The music and melody always just flows at its own pace. PGM does the rest.

Robert

I'm glad you liked the song.

SD
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Thankful - 11/19/17 07:54 PM
Here's the Soundcloud link. PGM please feel free to add it to your lists.

Thanks

SD

https://soundcloud.com/dcspacedog/thankful
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Thankful - 11/20/17 04:02 PM
You're welcome SpaceDog! Really glad you are enjoying the software!

If you haven't already, feel free to check out the video tutorials on our support page seen here: http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm
Posted By: RichMac Re: Thankful - 11/20/17 06:07 PM
Hi SpaceDog.
A wonderful clarity of vision and innocence in your song.
Thanks and Cheers.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Thankful - 11/21/17 05:25 PM
Timely, thought provoking and enjoyable.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

J&B
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Thankful - 11/22/17 03:44 PM
Joe,

Thanks. Yes, I've often used the PGM Tech Support and copious tutorials. BIAB and RB have so many features developed over so many years, it really helps to have such great support I think most of us agree, we are very impressed with the PGM products and services.

RichMac,

I glad you liked the song. I'm glad the message resonates around the world.

J&B

Thanks for listening. Beware of Wild Turkeys (birds, crazy people, and of course, whisky).

SD
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Thankful - 11/26/17 05:01 PM
Great song and message SD! Everything sounds great! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Thankful - 11/28/17 08:40 PM
Nice one SD!! I think the message is great. We do lose touch with the significance of things. Nice melody and good job with the vocal! Take care. Greg
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Thankful - 11/28/17 10:41 PM

Really great sound and song SpaceDog!

This really has me in the Holiday Spirit. Thanks for posting!
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Thankful - 11/29/17 11:45 PM
Torrey, Greg, David

Okay, How did you guys find this post on page 4?

Thanks for listening. I'm glad it communicated to you. Strangely the song came together pretty easily and naturally. Maybe that's why people are responding to it.

Glad you liked it.

SD
© PG Music Forums