PG Music Home
My song arranged in Mixcraft 8 using only parts entirely generated with BIAB and performed by a wonderful soprano, Gulshan Ibadova, from Azerbaijan. I hope you all like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgJ34Jrw5R4

Chris Davies (BIAB user since the ATARI days!)
Chris,

This is very nicely done. The production and mix are excellent.

Are you using all RealTracks? If so, could you say which ones (the piano, especially). And how are the strings done? Any MIDI? It is all such a nice blend, it is hard to tell...

Well done.

floyd

Beautiful.
Wow! Outstanding. What a wonderful song.
Perfectly executed. Great mix and performance.
Rob
Very nice.
What an awesome vocal. Super backtrack well done.
Hauntingly beautiful. Nice job.
This song is so hauntingly beautiful. The vocals only add to this particularly ghost-y feel. At this time of the year it reminds me of the Ghost of Christmas' pass. I know that wasn't the intent here, but 'tis the season and all! You guys did a really fantastic job and you should be very proud of the final product.
Yes, this is really haunting song with classical and musical feeling. Uplifting melody, nice chord progression, gorgeous vocals. I also like the violin solo. This could be a perfect fit for Eurovision Song Contest.

Janne
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Wow! Outstanding. What a wonderful song.
Perfectly executed. Great mix and performance.
Rob

Agree with all the comments!! Beautiful song, and WOW CAN THAT SINGER SING!!! Love it!!! Take care. Greg
fantastic !
Hello, Chris

Great song!
Splendid performance by Gulshan Ibadova!
It is so classical and so beautiful.
Excellent melody and arrangement!
As floyd said, indeed, I also would like to know which styles of BIAB you used in this tune if possible.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Beautiful song and voice!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Lovely song! The way the vocalist goes from classical to pop interpretation ( sometimes in the same line!) is really cool.
Well done.

Robert
Chris, I really appreciate the loving care you put into this production. You did such an excellent job on this, especially with the orchestration! It's a stunningly beautiful work of art and the flawless vocal by this wonderful singer just sends it over the top! Great work! Thanks, Torrey
Epic in the true sense of the word.

Would love to hear how it was put together.

J&B
Hi Guys,

Thank you for all your very encouraging comments. I'm glad you liked it and, yes, I'm very lucky to find a singer like Gulshan.

Sorry I didn't check back sooner but I guess I didn't expect such a response.

For brevity's sake I will just list the RealTrack instrument numbers in the order they appear in the song:

Guitar 364
Fiddle 2028
Guitar 2200
Bass 1036
Drums UrbanPopEv8Requiem
Piano 891
Guitar 367
Drums Pop Ballad

The synths and horns are midi parts generated by BIAB but I can't remember which styles, sorry. I may also have added a snare sample in there.

Have fun everyone!

Chris

"Sorry I didn't check back sooner but I guess I didn't expect such a response."

Good god, "CeeDee", why not??? Your song is near-indescribably beautiful! It commanded my attention from its beginning to its end. You are spectacularly fortunate to have a singer of Ms. Ibadova's caliber sending the spirit of your song soaring aloft as she most obviously did.

And your arrangement of BIAB instruments...incredibly realistic! I would not have believed that they were such. If it's not a secret (and I'd understand fully if it is smile !!!), I'd sure like to know what you did to achieve such a degree of realism.

Also, would you post the lyrics for us?

Engrossed,

LOREN
Simply put...STUNNING in every way. Gulshan does an exquisite job on the vocals. In fact, this is one of THE best songs I've heard on here for a long long time. She's got a wonderfully pure voice and by god I REALLY want to hear more of her. Just listening for the 3rd time
Thanks so much for letting us hear this Chris

Truly wonderful.
Thanks so much for this one.
Such a strong performance.

Cheers.

Chris,

When the song finished, I just sat here at my computer, staring at the screen. What a journey!

Your arrangement and its mix with Gulshan's magnificent singing is truly spectacular. From beginning to end, this reverberates with professional brilliance everywhere!

Outstanding!

Regards,
Noel
Wow this is so beautifully done. The vocals are amazing. The instrumental is very tastefully done. My only criticism is that I would have liked to have heard a slower build up of the drums. Great job on this.
Oops, I did it again folks.

Apologies I didn't check back but I realise the problem. My email address was out of date so I wasn't getting notified about your very nice posted comments.

I passed the first batch along to Gulshan and she was of course very pleased. Now you have given me more perhaps she will like to record another song of mine!

Here is her YouTube page anyway so you can enjoy more of her lovely singing: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe0haoP35UG3G4Kt4l-aIyQ/videos

Thanks again!

Chris
Hi Loren,

Probably the instruments sound realistic because, apart from the French Horns, Strings and Synths, they are all RealTracks. Those MIDI parts are played by instruments in Mixcraft 8 where I did the mixdown.

Here's the lyric:

WHEN I'M AWAY FROM YOU

When I'm away from you
There's nothing I can do
But close my eyes and begin to dream
Realise all the things you mean

When you're away from me
Your smile I long to see
So I imagine your lovely face
But dreams can not take the place
Of your head at rest
Right here, soft and warm upon my breast

When life keeps us apart
Nothing can touch my heart
But tears that fall at the thought of you
'Til the call when at last I can talk to you
Long past the time we can afford to do

And even though you're far away
I think about you every day
You're in my mind, in my heart, in my soul

SOLO

Even though you're far away
I think about you every day
You're in my mind, in my heart, in my soul
Without you I cannot be whole
All the world will come to see
That you're the other half of me

When I'm away from you
There's nothing I can do
But dream of when I'll be with you

Copyright: C.Davies

In case anyone is interested this song is taken from my yet to be produced musical 'CONTRACT!' which you can find the playlist for on my Reverbnation page.
© PG Music Forums