Life’s seasons of change
Plans that rearranged

Chorus

Bridge
On a frozen pond
Rests a white swan
A silent contemplation

Chorus

Got some new styles today and recorded a song I wrote a year or so ago.
Posted By: furry Re: Winter's Breath - 12/26/17 12:08 AM
What a lovely seasonal song. Most enjoyable. Thanks
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Winter's Breath - 12/26/17 02:49 PM
Thanks Furry.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Winter's Breath - 12/26/17 05:53 PM
Donna,

A very poetic lyric. The acoustic guitar and pedal steel are a good background for it.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Winter's Breath - 12/26/17 06:55 PM
Your lyrics catch the feel of the winter wonderland and the backing matches the reflective feel nicely.

Robert
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Winter's Breath - 12/26/17 10:53 PM
Thanks Floyd Jane and Robert. Looking forward to writing better songs for 2018. Love BIAB.
Posted By: bluage Re: Winter's Breath - 12/27/17 05:08 AM
You can't stop the poetry from flowing out of you, can you, Ms. Amaya smile ?

Which came first for you, writing poetry, or composing music? You appear to do both seemingly effortlessly based on the frequency of your posts.

Also, do you perform, or have you ever performed your songs "live", perhaps in a venue in your hometown?

Your songs slow down my sense of time almost to a complete stop. That's just how compelling and revelatory they are.

Always enchanted,

LOREN
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Winter's Breath - 12/27/17 12:36 PM
Thanks Loren. I started songwriting about six years ago, sort of as a personal therapy, since I had started learning the guitar. When I was in school writing poetry came pretty easily and I even won a contest once, so I believed I could write lyrics. And I do so love to write lyrics and the music sort of comes second. I did my first real performance of my original songs this past summer at our local library and did get a nice response from the audience. I have done some open mics, but not recently. I'm just trying to get better at writing the songs and I am so glad I found BIAB software. Love the site also, some really good musicians and encouraging people. Your words always inspire me and I thank you from my heart.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Winter's Breath - 12/27/17 01:55 PM
Donna, you paint quite a picture with your lyrics! You must be in "poet mode" most of the time I would imagine! I can also tell that you are progressing nicely with your familiarity and use of the BIAB program! Best to you for 2018! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: bluage Re: Winter's Breath - 12/27/17 10:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
And I do so love to write lyrics and the music sort of comes second.

Dear Ms. Amaya...

That's very interesting smile !!!

I work the other way around: music always arrives in my heart, first, and then, frequently enough (or not blush !!!), come the lyrics.

Anyway old way, just consider me a "fan" of your work. In my opinion, you have been given a substantial gift, Ms. Amaya, and I plan on not missing any of your songs, if I can help it.

Also, it's quite refreshing to have another woman contributing to the "User's Forum".

Sincerely,

LOREN
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Winter's Breath - 12/28/17 01:41 AM
Thanks Torrey. Yes, thinking of upgrading to the Ultra Version, now that I seem to get learning it.
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Winter's Breath - 12/28/17 01:53 AM
I think people have different methods of perception of the world. Some people, as I am are more visual while others are more auditory. In other words when people learn or do things they have tendencies or preferences for a certain method. I'm also a water colorist, so my preference is clearly visual. To me writing lyrics is like painting a picture or watching a video/movie of characters that tells a story. The melody then embraces to complement the picture or story, while the chords harmonize and enhance the overall feel. For others, that inspiration may come first from the music and then the lyrics would support that. I always look at other's lyrics first and sometimes feel something's missing if the song is just an instrumental, although I have been swept away by beautiful instrumentals.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Winter's Breath - 12/28/17 11:33 AM
We’ve said it before...if you ever move to videos your imagery could be spectacularly presented. And given that you are a painter even more so.

That is a vivid and lovely composition.

Thanks for sharing and have a great new year!

J&B
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Winter's Breath - 12/28/17 01:06 PM

Hi Donna,

I think this is really beautiful. As others have stated the lyrics are gorgeous and very vivid and poetic.

Great job!

Happy New Year.
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Winter's Breath - 12/28/17 02:22 PM
Thanks Janice & Bud and David for your feedback. Happy New Year.
© PG Music Forums