PG Music Home
Posted By: Bluesraveler New User, first - 01/02/18 09:43 PM
Hi folks,

I bought BIAB a couple of weeks ago, and upgraded to the full version with a few days. Had a first attempt at creating a track using it tonight - a basic blues in Bm, using BIAB drums, bass organ and blues harp, to which I added rhythm and lead guitar.

Link here: https://soundcloud.com/daveinkster/b-minor-blues

Looking forward to getting to know the program, recording, and picking up tips from here!

cheers,
Dave
Posted By: Scott C Re: New User, first - 01/03/18 02:43 PM
Really nice Dave . I was getting really bored playing and came across a discussion on BIAB and purchased mine in 2011 and have enjoyed it every single day since Cool tune excellent playing and welcome to the forum
Posted By: David Snyder Re: New User, first - 01/04/18 08:13 PM

Hey you had me at Blues Traveler.

I mean Blues Raveler!

Up until this moment I thought D minor was the saddest of all keys.

Now I might have to rethink that.

Great job and welcome to the forum!

smile
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: New User, first - 01/05/18 01:24 AM
Excellent delivery.

This really is the blues!

Perfect tempo also.
Posted By: Belladonna Re: New User, first - 01/05/18 01:31 AM
COOL and Blue!!! Really like it. Love the wah wah.
Posted By: Teunis Re: New User, first - 01/05/18 05:27 AM
I agree clever use of Wah Wah and also stereo. I thought the whole thing was clever. And I must say listening to a number of people on these forums there are many clever and talented people hereabouts.

Tony
Posted By: Bluesraveler Re: New User, first - 01/05/18 07:31 AM
Hey, thanks for the kind words!
My internet connection was a bit ropey when I posted, and didn't realise I'd posted the song twice (Blues in Bm thread), so just noticed this.
I think the program is great, and look forward to exploring its possibilities - great to have a forum to hear what others are doing too!
Posted By: dani48 Re: New User, first - 01/05/18 07:39 AM
Hi, Dave !

Excellent job and
superb playing !
Welcome to the forum !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: New User, first - 01/05/18 11:53 AM
Nice work Dave, and welcome to the forums! There's some awesome playing in this one, and I love the general mood of it too. It's very "smoky" is how I'd describe it. It's almost mysterious as well.

Thanks so much for sharing - can't wait to hear what else you come up with using Band-in-a-Box smile
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: New User, first - 01/05/18 06:51 PM
AMAZING PLAYING Dave!!! Welcome to the forum. I bought BIAB the same way. As soon as I had the basic one, I said "I need more of this!!". This is some GREAT blues. Come back soon. Take care. Greg
Posted By: PeterF Re: New User, first - 01/05/18 10:29 PM
Dave

Lovely playing throughout - great tone and feeling (the blues harp is a long way back in the mix - perhaps could come up or go?).

Nice panning on the guitar.

Peter
© PG Music Forums