PG Music Home
Posted By: JoanneCooper Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/05/18 04:28 AM
Hi and a Happy New Year to all.

Here is an instrumental I submitted to Songtradr in response to an opportunity for an upbeat instrumental with "movement and energy".

It is based on the Ukulele Folk swing style with the "Older" sax and trumpet thrown in

UPBEAT ON THE RADIO

The tracks used are:
RealTracks in style: ~1137:Bass, Acoustic-Guitar, FolkSwing Sw 140
RealTracks in style: ~1143:Ukulele, Strumming FolkSwing Sw 140
RealDrums in style: NashvilleBrushesHillbillySwing: a: Sidestick, Brushesb: Brushes, Stick
Loop:Drums\TambourinePopSw
RT437:Sax, Alto, Older Sw 140
RT441:Trumpet, Older Sw 140
RT616:Mandolin, Rhythm Bouncy Sw 165

If anybody is interested in submitting to this opportunity it is still open for another 15 hours and BIAB really is the most awesome tool for making these instrumentals.

(PS If you do submit to this opp, I would love to hear your track)
Posted By: RichMac Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/05/18 05:11 AM
Hi Joanne.

What a great dixieland feel. Used to love that stuff.
Great clarity and separation between the instruments.

Cheers.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/05/18 06:20 AM
Joanne, that sure is upbeat.

How well does the Ukulele work, eh?

This has a great vibe, and is perfect for an instrumental.

Nicely done, that's for sure.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/05/18 07:42 AM
Hi, Jo !:))

What a superb and uplifting
dixieland tune !:))
Excellent mix too !

Happy New Year to you too !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/05/18 08:52 AM
Thanks so much Rich, Trevor and Dani for listening and commenting.

I thought that since there was still a few hours to go and I had a few spare hours I would make another song for this opportunity, so here it is:

TRACES OF BOUNCE

This one is based on Blithe Bouncy Nylon Guitar Folk (you gotta love that Nylon string guitar track 2715). I used the multi-riff feature and then selected a couple of phrases I liked and copied them to various places in the track. I then used the midi generated by the multi-riff feature to double the nylon string guitar with a flute part (using Dimension Pro). I then added some percussion and the mandolin chops.

Tracks are:
RealTracks in style: ~1136:Bass, Acoustic-Guitar, FolkSwing Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~1142:Ukulele, Strumming FolkSwing Sw 110
RealTracks in style: 2715:Guitar, Nylon, Background SwingBrent Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~372:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 120
Dimension Pro midi flute
RealDrums-ShakerSwing8ths
RealDrums-TambourineSwing8ths
RT610:Mandolin, Rhythm Chop Sw 120
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/05/18 09:49 AM
Good luck with your tune. It's an excellent mix and arrangement.

Charlie
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/05/18 11:01 AM

These are really cool Joanne! Best of luck on your submissions!

And Happy New Year!
I thoroughly enjoyed both of these, Joanne smile I like how they both feel so summery, and pleasant. I think the ukulele always has that effect, for me at least.

Nice work, you should be proud of both of these - thanks so much for sharing!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/05/18 01:20 PM
Cool tunes Joanne. Really liked second song. Very cool melody. Good luck with your submission..
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/05/18 02:16 PM
Hi Joanne,
I really liked the first one Upbeat on the Radio, although both sound nice. I think the SAX really makes it have more energy and emotion. The second one Traces of Bounce is more easy listening, reminds me of the artist Govi.
I really love the ukulele sound! I feel like not enough people use ukuleles anymore. It's been so long since I played one, maybe I should pick one up again. I wonder how much I've forgotten.

Thanks for the share! It was wonderful and inspiring.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/05/18 09:36 PM
Nice pleasant vibe! Like the uke. Good mix and arrangement. Enjoyed! Happy New Year to you also Joanne!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: PeterF Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/05/18 10:21 PM
Joanne

Both songs were very nice - especially liked the work you did on number 2.

Peter
Posted By: sslechta Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/06/18 01:26 AM
Originally Posted By: RichMac
What a great dixieland feel. Great clarity and separation between the instruments.

Completely agree on this comment about Upbeat on the Radio.

It had a good "call and response" between the instruments too I thought.

Your second song was great too! Keep up the good work!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/06/18 02:46 AM
Nice clean big sound Joanne! Instruments play well off of each other! Interesting and full of energy! Hope you have success with it! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/06/18 01:28 PM
Nice job on that, Joanne. A very good mix. Would make a fine background, I would think...
Posted By: furry Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/06/18 04:24 PM
LOVE the dixie style one Joanne, real toetapper. 2nd one is also a wee beauty. Oozes class from start to finish
Posted By: MarioD Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/06/18 07:23 PM
Joanne this is an excellent Dixieland genre song. Your mix is outstanding. I had the feeling that I was transported to the New Orleans Mardi Gras.

A real toe tapper.

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/07/18 07:41 PM
I went into this not really knowing what this would sound like. It just seemed like an intriguing project. I thought your interpretation was really cool.

The sound and feel of the write were great in my book. Well done Joanne!

Hello and Happy new year to you.

Excellent song and sound. Great ukelele.
Very pleasant listen.

Sergio
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/09/18 11:10 AM
Charlie, David, Deryk, Scott, Donna, Ember, Greg, Peter, Steve, Torry, Floyd, Graham, Mario, Caaron and Sergio - Thank you all so much for listening to one or both of these songs as well as for your much appreciated comments.

It is interesting to see how some people like one and others like the other.

I will let everyone know as soon as I have any success on Songtradr (I have had 28 songs licensed but the account still shows $0.00, even though I started getting stuff licensed in April last year...It is not easy out there!)
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/09/18 02:10 PM
Uke and Dixieland = Cool!

And well put together.

J&B
Posted By: tommyad Re: Instrumental - Upbeat on the Radio - 01/09/18 06:17 PM
Joanne, that uke sure works well. Good luck on the licensing. Tom
Hello, Joanne

Instrumental tune is unusual for you, isn't it?
Wonderful tune!
Blues and dixieland well mixed.
It's fun to use a ukulele rather than a banjo.

All the best for 2018!

Shigeki Adachi
Funny, I didn't think it was dixieland at all, just a wonderful mix of instruments. In enjoyed Upbeat On The Radio very much, Joanne. I enjoyed Traces of Bounce just as much. Your songs are always "instrumental" in teaching me something beautiful.
© PG Music Forums