PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Lost Soul - 01/06/18 10:21 PM
Lost Soul

A very lonely person lost in his or her own mind.

This is really an exercise in me learning a new DAW. After years with Cakewalk learning Studio One 3 is challenging. I needed to know how SO3 worked with BiaB, live recording and MIDI. So far so good, I think.

BiaB style = Very Slow EV.8 Rock. I deleted the bass and guitar tracks.

I am playing the flute via my wind controller and I am playing the rhythm guitar and fretless bass.

Ps - BiaB drag n drop is a snap with SO3 and that makes me very happy!
Posted By: Teunis Re: Lost Soul - 01/06/18 10:54 PM
What version of Studio One 3. Did you dive in all the way or go with a free version?

My plan is to stay with what I have and know until I have to shift camp. I have been playing with RB but find it very limited when I compare it to Sonar.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 04:20 AM
Really nice atmospheric instrumental, great flute sound. I'm already feeling lost and lonely on my mind's foggy mountain where chilly wind is blowing in drizzle smile

Janne
Posted By: Scott C Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 11:00 AM
Very pretty tune Mario. Well done
Posted By: rsdean Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 11:16 AM
Mario, very atmospheric - really enjoyed the feel of this one.

Bob
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 01:38 PM

Whoah,

I went on a trip and I can't come back!

No really man, this is very cool! Good luck on that new DAW. Sounds like you are already up to speed!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 02:21 PM
Very nice, Mario. I really like your flute on this - a lot of feeling in the playing...Good mix - nice separation of the instruments.

I'm a big fan of Studio One. Been using it (Professional version) for at least 4 years now. I find it extremely intuitive. There are plenty of YouTube videos to explain/demonstrate anything that you need to know...

Enjoyed the listen...

fj
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 04:23 PM
Mario, "atmospheric" seems to be the word of the day to describe this one and I agree! Very ethereal sounding and tends to put one in a contemplative state of mind. Lots of cool sounds going on! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: PeterF Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 06:04 PM
Mario

Sounds like you are getting the hang of the new software.
Pretty contemplative piece - lovely flute.

Peter
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 06:48 PM
Teunis I bought the pro version. I like it a lot. It does some things a lot better and faster than Sonar, however Sonar does some things better than SO1 Pro. I did not find the MIDI thing to be that bad. Yes Sonar did have more MIDI functions but SO1 Pro does have the basics and I was able to get what I needed MIDI wise out of it. YMMV
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Really nice atmospheric instrumental, great flute sound. I'm already feeling lost and lonely on my mind's foggy mountain where chilly wind is blowing in drizzle smile

Janne

Thanx Janne for listening and commenting. It has been below 7°F (-13.9°C) here for two days. We have a heat wave today as it is up to 14°F (-10°C)!
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 06:52 PM
I agree Mario you have it all working well.
Pretty song by the way.
Rob
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very pretty tune Mario. Well done

Thanx Scott I'm glad you liked it.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 06:53 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Mario, very atmospheric - really enjoyed the feel of this one.

Bob

Thanx Bob
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 06:55 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Whoah,

I went on a trip and I can't come back!

No really man, this is very cool! Good luck on that new DAW. Sounds like you are already up to speed!

Thanx David. I'm not totally up to speed yet. You will find out that the older you get the steeper any learning curve will be. But I glad that this old dog can learn new tricks.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 07:00 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Very nice, Mario. I really like your flute on this - a lot of feeling in the playing...Good mix - nice separation of the instruments.

I'm a big fan of Studio One. Been using it (Professional version) for at least 4 years now. I find it extremely intuitive. There are plenty of YouTube videos to explain/demonstrate anything that you need to know...

Enjoyed the listen...

fj

Thanx Floyd for listening and the comments. After a lot of years using Sonar I am finding that Studio One Pro is extremely intuitive also, plus it is fast! It is missing some of the MIDI that Sonar had but I am getting things done MIDI wise in SO1.

Yes I have been watching a lot of SO1 videos and they have helped me tremendously. But if I get into a jam I now know who to call!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 07:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Mario, "atmospheric" seems to be the word of the day to describe this one and I agree! Very ethereal sounding and tends to put one in a contemplative state of mind. Lots of cool sounds going on! Thanks, Torrey

Thanx Torrey for listening and those very nice comments.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 07:02 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Mario

Sounds like you are getting the hang of the new software.
Pretty contemplative piece - lovely flute.

Peter

Not yet but I am getting there!

Thanx for listening.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 07:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
I agree Mario you have it all working well.
Pretty song by the way.
Rob

Not totally up to speed on it yet but I am working on it.

Thanx for listening.
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Lost Soul - 01/07/18 08:27 PM

Another excellent music. Very relaxing.
Super flute playing.

Sergio
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Lost Soul - 01/08/18 12:54 PM
Nice one Mario! Love the flute, and the guitar work that follows the flute also. Great mood piece!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Lost Soul - 01/09/18 12:37 AM
You put together the sweetest, dreamiest instrumentals Mario!! You should be a film scorer. This is so interesting-melancholy to mysterious to hopeful-it's all in there. Fantastic!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lost Soul - 01/09/18 12:32 PM
You would sound good on a 4-track cassette recorder.

We love the flute and all the little rhythmic emphasis' throughout.

Nice mix too smile

J&B
Posted By: ROG Re: Lost Soul - 01/09/18 03:56 PM
Hi Mario,

Beautifully done.

Yes, atmospheric seems to be the consensus and I have to go along with it.

Great listened to late at night with the lights off.

Excellent work on the wind controller.

The new DAW doesn't sound to be giving you any problems with this one.

Cheers, ROG.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Lost Soul - 01/09/18 05:32 PM
Mario, You sure know how to work that wind controller. Nice playing throughout. Everything sounds really good. I think you're back in the saddle, Tom
© PG Music Forums