PG Music Home
Posted By: Steve Young New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/18/18 08:06 PM
It seems like I have a day or two off every couple of months lately! We had an ice storm here a couple days ago, and I was able to crank out a new song. Mostly RealTracks/Realdrums, with the orchestration and piano sounds added using EastWest. Hope you enjoy this one!

SoundCloud...
I Love You (I Do) - SoundCloud
Video...
I Love You (I Do) - Video

I plan on listening to some of the great songs I've been missing out on for the past couple months, and commenting on them over the next few days.

I Love You (I Do)
©Stephen W. Young

Do you ever wonder what makes it right
A perfect moon in a perfect night
A cool breeze. A warm heart
The sky, a canvas of heavenly art

Two lovers walking hand in hand
Making memories, and making plans
A heart of love is a heart of gold
True riches make a happy soul

And I love you
I love you
I do

The way you laugh at nothing at all
Or shed a tear when somebody falls
The way you smile, the way you sing
The way you do about everything

And I love you
I love you
I do

They say that love will conquer anything
I say it already has
And I can't wait to see what the future brings
When I consider the past

So if you'll give me a minute or two
I'm gonna sit here and think about you

'Cause I love you
I love you
I do

====

RealTracks/RealDrums used...

RealTracks in song: 683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2930:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm FolkRock8thsBrent Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 2904:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm GrittyBluesyPopBrent Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 2906:Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm BluesyPopMike Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 2764:Organ, Rhythm CountryBluesRockMike Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 2717:Guitar, Nylon, Background WaltzBrent Sw 110
RealDrums in Song: Grunge^1-a:HiHat, b:Ride

Have a great day!

Steve
Posted By: dcuny Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/18/18 08:40 PM
It's always a treat for me when you post a song. This one has a great vintage vibe. I love the string run at 2:08. There are a lot of other bits that sound great, as well.

Those "simple" love songs are a nut that I just can't seem to crack, and this song - as so many of your other ones - seems effortless.

I won't say I'm hoping you'll have lousy weather in the coming year... But it's great when you do. wink
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/18/18 08:46 PM
Your songs are always so heartfelt. Not only in the way you write your lyrics, but also in the overall sound of the music. They compliment one another perfectly.

Great job!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/18/18 10:29 PM

Steve,

This is my favorite production of yours so far. All the instruments sound great.

I have heard about East West. Are those swelling orchestral sounds I hear the background "combo" arrangements like Garritan Instant Orchestra or do you have to play each track, and sound? Very gorgeous so I would like to know how you are doing it.

smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/18/18 11:27 PM
Steve this is your best to date IMHO. I love the chord progression and instrumentation. Your vocals are top notch and great work on the harmonies. Your lyrics are outstanding.

This is keeper.
Posted By: rsdean Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/19/18 06:39 AM
Steve,

This song is so good. Outstanding mix and of course a great vocal.

Loved it.

Bob
Posted By: tommyad Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/19/18 09:57 AM
Steve, Your mixes always amaze me as do your vocals. The arrangement is great as the additional instruments are added. The overall sound that you manage to get is something I have paid close attention to over the years and I have learned a great deal just from listening to your songs. Another catchy great write " And I can't wait to see what the future brings
When I consider the past" My best to you, Tom
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/19/18 10:31 AM
What a great tune and one of my favorite chord progressions. Solid through and through with your choice of instruments, arrangement and performance. Like others, I always look forward to your posts and this song is one of my favorites so far.

Charlie
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/19/18 11:03 AM
Steve,

Always pleased to see a song post pop up from you!

Your productions are always top shelf...as are your arrangements, vocals, mixes...

An excellent "simple love song" write. Love the structure of it. The bridge is really well done. Following that with a 2 line verse and back to the chorus was super. This has the quality of a James Taylor "simple love song". Doesn't get any better than that...

fj
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/19/18 12:10 PM
Wow - you nailed this! I'm definitely getting a 70's vibe on this one. Also, that arrangement is smooth as butter. It was hard not to tap my foot and sway along. It sounds warm, inviting, and heartfelt. And those strings that kick it around the minute mark - done!

Fantastic job on this - thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: jannesan Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/19/18 01:48 PM
Very soulful song with a motown vibe. I'm amazed how well piano, organ and guitars blend together, fantastic mix. Great vocals and harmonies.

Janne
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/19/18 09:25 PM
Steve,

It's good to see you again! smile

This is such a terrific presentation; music, lyrics, arranging, playing, mixing, singing, you name it, you've got it nailed!

You have such a amazing knack for finding the very best instrumental sounds in the diverse melting pot that BIAB offers. I can honestly say that it would never have occurred to me to mix grunge rhythm with a waltz guitar, country blues, gritty blues, folk, organ and strings. As always you show that one should never judge an instrument or Realtrack by its given genre.

I love the lines below. To my ears, I call them inspired lyrics...

• The sky, a canvas of heavenly art
  • Two lovers walking hand in hand
    Making memories, and making plans
  • They say that love will conquer anything
    I say it already has
    And I can't wait to see what the future brings
    When I consider the past

And your chorus is fantastic. It pulls the vibe, the lyrics and the arrangement together with a powerful simplicity. It seems to me that everything about this work is a perfect example of tenth dan black-belt songwriting!

Truly, you've done a superb job with this.

May 2018 bring everything good your way.
Noel

P.S. I just had a look at the lyric video, too. Very classy!
Posted By: PeterF Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/19/18 11:52 PM
Steve

Following Noel (again) - I'll just say what he said.
Superb in every way.

Peter
Posted By: dani48 Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/20/18 08:28 PM
Hi, Steve !

The guys here have already
said it but I also think this
is your best so far ! At least
of those I´ve heard ! Me too
love every song you put out -
they are so wonderfully polished
and outright good !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Scott C Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/20/18 09:41 PM
Love your vocals Steve. This was no exception. Super backtrack, vocal and lyric. Harmonies were sweet.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/21/18 01:24 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
It's always a treat for me when you post a song. This one has a great vintage vibe. I love the string run at 2:08. There are a lot of other bits that sound great, as well.

Those "simple" love songs are a nut that I just can't seem to crack, and this song - as so many of your other ones - seems effortless.

I won't say I'm hoping you'll have lousy weather in the coming year... But it's great when you do. wink

Thanks, David! I always appreciate your thoughtful comments. (I'll take the nice weather, but less hectic schedule.) smile

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Your songs are always so heartfelt. Not only in the way you write your lyrics, but also in the overall sound of the music. They compliment one another perfectly.

Great job!

Thank you, Ember! Really appreciate your very kind words. I do try to write from my heart. Glad you enjoyed this one!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Steve,

This is my favorite production of yours so far. All the instruments sound great.

I have heard about East West. Are those swelling orchestral sounds I hear the background "combo" arrangements like Garritan Instant Orchestra or do you have to play each track, and sound? Very gorgeous so I would like to know how you are doing it.

smile

David, really appreciate your generous words! The EastWest sounds are just a softsynth. I used 3 tracks of varying violin sounds and blended them together on this one. Just played them on my keyboard, like any softsynth. To me, most all of the string samples seem to sound a little harsh for my taste. To "tame" the harshness, I added 3 "stacked" reverb sounds and cut the upper midrange in the eq to taste, then added just a touch of "air" at about 10k. All seasoned to taste. I've tried Garritan, and a couple other strings samples. They are all fairly good, but my favorite at my budget so far is the EastWest. But EastWest is a little more complicated to use.

Like most all softsynth parts, the key is to think like you are playing the real instrument. Violin was my primary instrument in school, so I naturally tend to think a little like a violinist (or fiddler, as the case may be.)

Always good to hear from you, my friend!

===

Steve
Posted By: Belladonna Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/21/18 01:47 AM
Very smooth and upbeat song. Really nice lyrics and great production. Sounds very professional.
Posted By: Al-David Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/21/18 06:16 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Steve this is your best to date IMHO. I love the chord progression and instrumentation. Your vocals are top notch and great work on the harmonies. Your lyrics are outstanding.

This is keeper.

Steve,

I couldn't have said it better than Mario did - my sentiments exactly. A bit of a retro feel yet elements of a contemporary sound. Nice!

Best to you & God Bless.

Alan
Posted By: gruverider Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/21/18 03:03 PM
Beautiful!
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/21/18 10:57 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

This is keeper.

Mario, it's always so good to hear from your! Thanks so much for your kind words on this one.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Steve,

This song is so good. Outstanding mix and of course a great vocal.

Loved it.

Bob

Thanks, Bob! Really appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. Always good to hear from you!

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Steve, Your mixes always amaze me as do your vocals. The arrangement is great as the additional instruments are added. The overall sound that you manage to get is something I have paid close attention to over the years and I have learned a great deal just from listening to your songs. Another catchy great write " And I can't wait to see what the future brings

Tom, I really appreciate your generous comments! I always enjoy listening to your mixes/productions. Your words mean a lot to me.

===

Steve
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/22/18 08:04 AM
Wow, what a production! Everything about this, the arrangement, the performance, and the mix is totally pro to these ears.

Great song!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/23/18 11:23 AM
Originally Posted By: tommyad

Tom said it all. Yes, in addition to your fine performances, great melodies and positive lyrics your production values are top notch and well worth the attention of those wanting to improve. One might take it for granted given how seamlessly everything flows but we know that requires a LOT of finesse and attention to detail.

And the positive lyrics? Well anybody, OK most anybody, can write something positive but your lyrics genuinely speak to the heart and soul of the listener.

We enjoyed it immensely and it makes a fine addition to our playlist.

J&B
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/23/18 02:03 PM
Really great song Steve!! It is such a feelgood song. Could be used in a film segment-positive, energetic, and sweet! Love the line:

The sky, a canvas of heavenly art

Great song all around and wonderful mix/band!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/23/18 09:56 PM
Steve, this song is fantastic!!! It's got a great seventies vibe to it and it inspires me so much! When I listen to this it makes me realize what great music we had back then and sadly I didn't appreciate it enough at the time. Your vocal is perfect and the strings you used in this did not go unnoticed by me! They were great! Enjoyed it! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/24/18 12:04 AM
When you post a song I just wait to hear those backing vocals. You do those so amazingly well. You have such a pleasing tone to your voice.

I'm a big fan of both your writing and delivery.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/25/18 01:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
What a great tune and one of my favorite chord progressions. Solid through and through with your choice of instruments, arrangement and performance. Like others, I always look forward to your posts and this song is one of my favorites so far.

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie! I always appreciate your kind remarks!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Steve,

Always pleased to see a song post pop up from you!

Your productions are always top shelf...as are your arrangements, vocals, mixes...

An excellent "simple love song" write. Love the structure of it. The bridge is really well done. Following that with a 2 line verse and back to the chorus was super. This has the quality of a James Taylor "simple love song". Doesn't get any better than that...

fj

Thank you, Floyd! I have been blessed with a great wife for over 42 years now. That makes it easier to write these "sappy love songs". smile Thanks for the James Tayler comparison. He's one of my favorites. Always appreciate hearing from you!

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - you nailed this! I'm definitely getting a 70's vibe on this one. Also, that arrangement is smooth as butter. It was hard not to tap my foot and sway along. It sounds warm, inviting, and heartfelt. And those strings that kick it around the minute mark - done!

Fantastic job on this - thanks so much for sharing smile

Deryk, I really appreciate you taking the time to give this one a listen, and comment. You guys at PG are the greatest! Thanks so much for your very kind words!

===

Steve
Posted By: animarorecords Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 01/25/18 03:47 AM
Hello, Steve

I love very much The Rhodes piano in this tune.
The chord progression which descends with a semitone is wonderful.
The piano at Interlude is very good.
The strings that come out in the second half of the song are also really effective.
And above all, your vocal is splendid.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 02/04/18 11:12 PM
Once again, I have been out of pocket with work and life in general! I just want to thank all of you for you very kind comments.

It means so much to me that you take the time to listen and post your comments!

Steve
Posted By: Jim Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 11/20/18 05:29 PM
Nice production & song... I really enjoyed the laid back message & delivery.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 11/21/18 11:15 AM
Hi Steve,

this is the first song of yours I had the great pleasure to listen to. I love it, I do ! It's got an incredible loit of soul and your voice and the way you use it are terrifiv. Love the sound, too. A great thing!

Cheers,

Stefan
Posted By: bluage Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 11/22/18 05:29 PM
Mr. Young...

Your song, "I Love You (I Do)", could be the next most popular musical selection made by engaged couples to play at their weddings. Move over, Joe Cocker, Whitney Houston and The Carpenters!

The song is intimately warm, tightly arranged, and a little funky, even. Oh, and danceable, too! Your string writing is luxurious and could be mistaken for the "real thing" if you had not revealed the virtual instrument software you used.

With a "high-five",

LOREN
Posted By: Tano Music Re: New Song - I Love You (I Do) - 11/23/18 12:04 PM
Steve… Totally enjoyed listening to this track.
I have to say that this is the type of track that, when I’m listening to it I’m thinking, “Pay close attention..there is a lot to be learned here.”

It comes off it’s so easy and smooth, but there is really good design and production in this.

I especially liked the eight or so bars of instrumental that you added after each verse… For me, that really let me absorb your lyrics before you movedonto the next thought, so I like that design element.

The arpeggiated strings that rolled up so nicely to introduce your bridge were really great. I also like the background organ That created some very nice color.

Thanks for sharing your work, I’ll be listening to it again to pick up some hints and tips!
© PG Music Forums