PG Music Home
https://soundcloud.com/torrey-bliss/keep-singing-your-song

Recently our musical brother David Snyder made a post about "Why this forum matters". David made so many great points in this post and it got me to thinking about how it seems that we forum members are on some sort of journey together. I have been around here a couple of years now and I have been noticing how the quality of material posted here is getting better all the time. I believe it's because we are learning a lot from each other and the constructive critiques offered without negativity! This song I dedicate to you, my fellow forum members! I want this one to be an encouragement to you, the one who may be thinking it's time to give it up, to keep on keepin' on. Somebody is being blessed by your work even if you're not aware of it! Thanks for listening and always being an encouragement to me! I am still working on this and will probably re-record the vocals again later (very sore throat) and do some better mastering on it, but wanted to get this message out there now! Thanks for listening, Torrey

BIAB
Bass - 995 Hard Rock LA EV 120
Drums - RockHard LA
Organ - 686 B3 Pop Background Ev 120
Guitar - 997 Hardrock LA Crisp Ev 120
Acoustic Guitar - 1119 12string Acoustic Strumming
Acoustic Guitar - 405 Acoustic Strumming EV 120
Piano -1262 Acoustic Rhythm Pop Shing Held EV 120

Me
Vocals
Electic Guitars lead and rhythm
Synths
I 100% agree with this! Even in the 6 months that I have been with the company I've noticed the growth! It's really fascinating and amazing to watch. I love that you made a song dedicated to this. You did a really great job. A really motivational piece.

Thanks for the share!
Torrey,

What a great sound! Love the Harrison feel of this one - great production and such a positive message.

Excellent!

Bob
Torrey

Very nice message, and excellent song. Loved the Harrison sounding guitar at the intro - I love the way you layer your music and guitars (which always sound great) - some nice Beatles influences.
Clever and entertaining.

Peter
Wow!!!!!!!! Torrey! Awesome man. This is like the forum theme song and anthem!

Let everyone take heed: More is more y'all. Pour it on in 2018.

You are so right. This forum is like nothing I have ever seen in my life in terms of mentoring--such a phenomenal community. It's like we're all students at some famous music university--learning from one another.

And yeah, the songs by everyone keep getting better and better and better, and many of them are mind-boggling now.

This feels like an electronic community version of the 60s. BIAB Woodstock, 2018. Peace and love and wild imagination and great music blossoming from everyone everywhere.

Bring it on!!!! I love it!!!!!!!

ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER.

That's the secret sauce of life, man.

Period and end of sentence.

Rock on in 2018 Peeps!

And thanks Torrey.
1st thing I thought was Traveling Wilburys. Nice stacking of sound layers. Brought in the Hammond at exactly the right time. Subtleties like that make songs sing.
Torrey,
Love that intro - you have mastered that layered guitar sound and this would be great even without the message...which puts this into theme song and daily reminder mode for me.
Really cool, catchy melody; but then I`ve come to expect that from you!
A song as a gift - Thank You!!

Robert
Perfect as usual. I definitely agree on the George Harrison reference. Nice work and message!
Torrey,

This is awesome! I agree with David Snyder, this could be the anthem for this forum. I totally agree with the message and sentiment of this song. This forum is so supportive and encouraging. Some really great people here! Thanks for writing this and sharing it.

BTW, really well done!

Steve
Torrey,,

What a great song and production. Your posts are always so professional. I have to pile onto the George Harrison references. This is really terrific!

David Snyder is one of the most inspirational people on these forums. he's a terrific guy, wonderful creator of music and always leaves a positive footprint wherever he treads. You've honored him quite nicely.

There's nothing to not like/love about this song. An old, disabled, retired soldier's heartfelt salute to you and David. God bless.

Alan
Very inspirational and well done.

"Keep singing your song let your story be told
If you keep it inside you’re only gonna grow old".

Amen to that!
Good one Torrey.

Cheers.
People already have said exactly why this song is great.

They're right, of course. smile
Yep, you are channeling George on this one for sure!

I agree with everything you said, and David's post. Although I've been a forum member for more than 10 years I've really only been active for the last couple. In that time my production skills have improved immensely due to feedback I received from posting my music here.

Floyd did a post over on the Mixing forum about the importance of getting the drums loud enough in the mix, and one of things he said was:
"If you stopped listening to music around 1979 (which a lot of "old guys" did), then you likely don't "get" drums",
and my first thought was "hey, that's me"!
But it's not really me because I listen to the music made here by other forum members, including genres I would never even consider listening too if it wasn't for the forum.

Good post Torrey, enjoyed the listen!
Torrey, The arrangement and the vocals shine through on this one. I love the way the drums change at 2:44. The great care with which you crafted this piece is evident throughout. Pro all the way with a very unique overall sound. Excellent work from a gifted musician and writer, Tom
Wow - you absolutely nailed this one! The arrangement is top notch, and your mixing on this is superb. Your vocals really cut through here, and the whole tune has a wonderful groove as well. Not to mention, this is a wonderful tribute to all the fellow forum members here that make up this online community!

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing smile
Thanks Torrey for your great tribute smile Nicely said about the journey, that's what I've been feeling lately and your song really reflects these feelings. This forum feels like a new family smile Really anthemic pop song with great introduction, catchy chorus, excellent production and uplifting lyrics with encouraging message.

Janne
Thank you Ember for the positive words! I really appreciate you taking time to listen and comment! T
Thanks - it's encouraging to me, Torrey. You're always an inspiration for trying to make my music more sophisticated. - Marty
I was so glad that David made the post about how awesome and beneficial this forum has been. Your lyrics bring this front and centre. This is a very cool backtrack. Loved as always your guitar work. But the vocal and Jeff Lynne harmonies !!! Wowser !!!.. Well done
What a cool song! Talk about catchy, and nailing a style. I really like this song all the way around. I've listened to it a few times, and smile even more every time I do.

I only have 1 question. Is a reunion possible now?
Torrey,

This was such a pleasure to listen to. Those first verse lyrics were really powerful scene-setting words and got the tone tuned in really, really well for what was to follow.

There's no two ways about it, when it comes to making songs and music, you're a very talented man!

All the best,
Noel
Thanks Bob! I really appreciate it! T
Torrey,

A terrific, positive message. A cool idea to write a "tribute" to the forum and the folks who live here...

Your songs always have a good mix of your influences - both the melody and the production - always interesting and often surprising (to the ear)...

The fact that there are a couple of pages of comments before I had time to listen to this shows how much the forum has EXPLODED! It is hard to keep up these days.

A terrific listen. Glad you are here..

fj
Nice work.... probably my favorite from your studio to date.

The Brit-Rocker groove was immediately evident. I was thinking Bad Finger/ Hollies and yep, I can also see the Harrison influence that others have mentioned.

Nice work.
A fine tribute to a cool community.

Janice and I are big Traveling Wilbury fans so we were lost in the production from the get go.

You are one of the top producer/mixer/engineer/performers on the forum and your attention to detail never goes unnoticed by us.

Like Tom said "pro all the way..."

We much look forward to your 2018 output!

J&B
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Wow!!!!!!!! Torrey! Awesome man. This is like the forum theme song and anthem!

Let everyone take heed: More is more y'all. Pour it on in 2018.

You are so right. This forum is like nothing I have ever seen in my life in terms of mentoring--such a phenomenal community. It's like we're all students at some famous music university--learning from one another.

And yeah, the songs by everyone keep getting better and better and better, and many of them are mind-boggling now.

This feels like an electronic community version of the 60s. BIAB Woodstock, 2018. Peace and love and wild imagination and great music blossoming from everyone everywhere.

Bring it on!!!! I love it!!!!!!!

ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER.

That's the secret sauce of life, man.

Period and end of sentence.

Rock on in 2018 Peeps!

And thanks Torrey.

David said it right as he usually does. WONDERFUL!!! PG music, and this forum, is the only reason I'm able to keep at this. Playing songs for your mom and two friends who say "Cool" just isn't enough. Having 20 or 30 people who also love music, also write, and know what it's like for unknowns is worth its weight in gold. Also, I love the fact that we're pretty much all from the same era and appreciate the same type of music. I feel like I was abandoned by pop/rock music 20-30 years ago. Now I've discovered a place where sensibilities are appreciated and fit in. Clearly, from the RTs PG music does, they are on the same wavelength. Write on by brother!!!! Take care. Greg
Thank you Peter for all those great positive words!! I really appreciate it! T
David, thanks for the encouragement you always give me! This forum would not be what it is without you! I appreciate all the kind words! T
Thanks Eddie! I never listened much to the Traveling Wilburys as a group but individually yes and amen! All Greats every one!! I appreciate you listening and commenting! T
Torrey is all has been said and I agree with all of it. This is a fantastic song!

Two thumbs up.

PS - "Keep singing your song let your story be told
If you keep it inside you’re only gonna grow old".

I have been playing and singing for years (mostly playing lately) BUT I STILL GREW OLD! grin gringrin
Hello, Torrey

This is Beatles!
The Harrison sounding guitar at the intro is very nice.
Your vocal completely fits this tune.
Guitar Riff, Main Melody, Chord Progression, Arrangement, everything is in harmony.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Thanks Robert! I always appreciate your support! T
Thank you Steve! I really appreciate you listening and commenting! T
Torrey. I find this very uplifting and inspiring. This is an amazing communication. Indeed. Thanks for doing this.
Very cool tune. Got a great groovy rock feel to it. This os a very nice tribute to all the BIAB forum users here. Great job.
Alan, your constant support and enthusiasm has been a real driving force to keep me encouraged and producing the material I post here! I appreciate you more than you know! Thanks, Torrey
Thanks Rich for listening and commenting! I appreciate it! T
Thanks for listening and commenting David! I appreciate it! T
Thanks Dave for commenting! Your stuff always inspires me and I appreciate you listening to mine! T
Great listen, Torrey. That is the forum anthem ! Thanx.
What a great tune!

It gives me the great vibe of the 60's – Lennon/McCartney, with a touch of Jeff Lynne and Tom Petty…
…and a lot of other heroes!

Well done, Torrey!

And Yes; Keep on Rock'n Roll!
Thanks Tom! I always appreciate you taking time to listen and comment! Your input means a lot to me! T
Couldn't agree more with the comments already made about this song and how it represents the positive good vibes and general support that forum members receive from each other, in particular.

Really enjoyed this one.
Deryk, thanks for listening and commenting! I appreciate it! T
Thanks for those kind words Joanne! I appreciate it! T
Thanks Marty! Your words are encouraging to me! T
Thanks for the nice comments Scott! I appreciate it! T
That chord progression in the verse has a very interesting twist to it.
The chorus is super!
It's pretty obvious that your songwriting skills are top notch and getting better every time.
We immediately recognized your very distinct lead guitar sound.

Rob and Anne-Marie
HearToLearn, thanks for all the positive vibes you sent my way in your comments! I really appreciate it! As for the reunion, you kind a lost me on that one. Wasn’t sure what you were talking about there. Nevertheless, thanks T
Thank you Noel! I really appreciate that! Torrey
Torrey, you never cease to amaze. The arrangement on this was wonderful and your vocal and lyrics were outstanding.
Thanks Floyd for checking it out! I always appreciate your input! T
Thanks for listening and commenting Herb! I truly appreciate it! T
Thanks J&B! You folks are always so supportive of my music and I never take it for granted! I appreciate you! Thanks, Torrey
Thanks Greg! You always put up some of the best material here on the forum and I always appreciate you taking time to listen and comment on mine! T
Thanks Mario! I appreciate it! T
Thanks for the kind words Shigeki! I really appreciate it! T
Thank you so much Joanne! I appreciate it! T
Thanks for listening and commenting Samuel! I appreciate it! T
Thanks Ed for listening and commenting! I appreciate it! T
molsenhouse, thanks for taking the time to listen and comment! I appreciate it! T
Thanks Andy! I really appreciate it! T
Thanks Rob and Anne-Marie! I always appreciate your comments! T
Thanks so much for that Gary! I appreciate it! T
© PG Music Forums