PG Music Home
Posted By: Samuel Davis Bayou Sunrise (Instumental Cue) - 01/22/18 02:50 PM
[Link no longer valid]

After watching an episode of TAXI TV I was inspired to write an instrumental cue for a show like Duck Dynasty or Swamp People. This is the result. Let me know what you think. Did I hit the mark or what could be improved upon? I appreciate your opinions.

(I have posted the video from TAXI in the Songwriting forum. The link to that is at the bottom of this post.)

Temp: 65bpm
RealTracks
2475:Bass, Acoustic, Held Simple
2169:Guitar, Resonator, Soloist Country Rob
364:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=452865&#Post452865
Posted By: Scott C Re: Bayou Sunrise (Instumental Cue) - 01/22/18 05:37 PM
Well done Samuel. I can definitely hear this playing in the background of a movie or tv show. Very enjoyable. Resonator slide was super
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Bayou Sunrise (Instumental Cue) - 01/22/18 07:52 PM
Samuel it sounds pretty good to me! I could hear this cue in an episode of one of these type shows. It would probably be more appropriate for a more serious/sad segment of a show given the more mellow/melancholy vibe. Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Bayou Sunrise (Instumental Cue) - 01/23/18 11:32 AM
That works. The stop is cool, though it might "draw attention to itself" as background - so would need to be place at just the right spot in a video...
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Bayou Sunrise (Instumental Cue) - 01/23/18 02:06 PM
I think it works great!! Great simple combo of instruments and a nice progression Samuel! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Bayou Sunrise (Instumental Cue) - 01/23/18 03:36 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
That works. The stop is cool, though it might "draw attention to itself" as background - so would need to be place at just the right spot in a video...

From what ive read and watched on YouTube tutorials many times the entire piece will not be used. They might only use 15 to 30 seconds. So the break acts like an optional stoping point.
© PG Music Forums