PG Music Home
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic NEW TWEAK: "HAPPY DANCE" - 01/26/18 06:33 PM
Hi Ya'll!

So I decided to make this song a little kinder, gentler, nicer! It now sounds more like a party instead of a riot! ;>

Tightened up the vocals too...

Give it a listen if you can with new ears! I hope you like...

All the best,
Dave

https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfactory/happy-dance
Posted By: bluage Re: NEW TWEAK: "HAPPY DANCE" - 01/27/18 05:19 AM
Dear Dave...

Nothing wrong with a riot, 'long as there's no looting crazy !

This new version of "Happy Dance" shows off the quality of your singing voice more clearly and fully.

The slowed-down tempo has the effect of making the song sound more...dramatic.

Nothing lost in the translation, only a new concept that gives the song a new face!

Hearing ya' loud an' clear,

LOREN
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW TWEAK: "HAPPY DANCE" - 01/30/18 05:31 PM
Zup Bossman?

We ain't lootin' besides we got receipts!!!=D

Thanks for the input. I really like how this song feels after I re-worked it. The vocals command the song from beginning to end! I'm glad you liked it!

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: NEW TWEAK: "HAPPY DANCE" - 01/31/18 11:49 AM
Wow - what a tune! Within the first few measures I knew I’d be enjoying this smile The riffs here are infectious, and that groove instantly had my foot tapping. When it picks up at a the chorus is when it really went over the edge for me. I’m almost getting an 80’s sort of vibe with this one.

Great work, and thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: NEW TWEAK: "HAPPY DANCE" - 01/31/18 02:28 PM
I think this is the clearest I've ever heard your vocals! You did a really great job here -- did you happen to get a new mic setup? Or did you just adjust the levels? Either way, it's working for you! Keep it up!
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW TWEAK: "HAPPY DANCE" - 01/31/18 05:42 PM
Hi Deryk!

I hope you're doing well. Thanks for the kind comments on HD. A Buddy told my not to play this song near a cemetery, I could wind up with a bit of a problem! =D

I hear an 80's vibe too and I've been accused of ripping of Joe Walsh (in a good way). All in all I had fun making this song and just wanted others to have fun with it also.

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW TWEAK: "HAPPY DANCE" - 01/31/18 05:49 PM
Hi Ember;

Thanks for your kind comments. No I didn't get a new mic set up, I just finally learned how to use the one I got! =D

I also finally got a hand on how to work with my Pro-Tools to get better vocal tracks. A little dial I've ignored for the longest, I hit it by accident and there it was. Wait until you hear my next little diddy!

Thanks again for your support,
Dave
Posted By: RichMac Re: NEW TWEAK: "HAPPY DANCE" - 02/03/18 05:48 PM
Hi Dave.

Nice this one.
Full of life and enthusiasm with a touch of the rocky horror show in there also.

Cheers.
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW TWEAK: "HAPPY DANCE" - 02/03/18 08:15 PM
Hey RichMan;

"Rocky Horror Show?" OK =D

Many said I sounded like Joe Walsh, but like I told the rest of them: "I'm 70 and I've stolen from everybody, so there!!!" =D

Thanks for the listen, I hope I made the grade!!!

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW MIX: "HAPPY DANCE" - 02/10/18 04:51 PM
Hi Ya'll:

So, I decided to redux my vocals on "Happy Dance." I cleaned up the instruments for better dynamics. In essence, I've recreated the Prison Riot, but this time the prison cells are on fire!!! =D

Give a listen if you have time! I hope you enjoy it!!!

All the best,
Dave

https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfactory/happy-dance
© PG Music Forums