PG Music Home
Posted By: edshaw Closer Walk Video - 01/27/18 10:06 PM
Thanks, Scott. New Host for me. Haven't quite gotten it figured out, yet. As you know, in these days, a link is more than a link, so much more.
Please try this:

Closer Walk Video

Thanks for pointing that out Scott. Please let me know if this works.

Posted By: Scott C Re: Closer Walk Video - 01/28/18 11:50 AM
Link did not work for me Ed
Posted By: edshaw Re: Closer Walk Video - 01/28/18 12:04 PM
Thanks, Scott. I reposted OP. Fingers crossed.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Closer Walk Video - 01/28/18 04:53 PM
That worked Ed. Excellent video. Cool to see you playing. I have tried that a couple of times but don't have a good enough camera and mike setup for them to work in tandem. Nice guitar too. :-)
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Closer Walk Video - 01/28/18 06:12 PM

Great guitar playing and nice video.
Sergio
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Closer Walk Video - 01/28/18 07:51 PM
This was a really interesting watch. It's always so cool to see people play their tunes. Thanks for sharing. smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Closer Walk Video - 01/28/18 08:29 PM
Ed,

Growing up I was told not to watch Blue movies. smile

The site was new to me...

Enjoyed seeing you play..

fj
Posted By: Al-David Re: Closer Walk Video - 01/28/18 08:33 PM
Hi Ed,

Nice to see you on video! Very interesting with the blue effect! Nice tone on the guitar. Very nicely done! It's great old hymn and you did a real nice job with it!

Alan
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Closer Walk Video - 01/28/18 08:51 PM
Ed, that was neat seeing you play this! I like what you did with this! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: edshaw Re: Closer Walk Video - 01/28/18 10:29 PM
Special thanks to ye who commented.

In the process of choosing a new video editor, one reason I went with NCH Video Pad was the stable and precise cut (split the track) feature.
Whlle the effects tend to cover the transitions, they are nearly invisible in two instances.
The track was two takes on the same track. In other words, the camera kept rolling. From that track, four sequences were extracted, audio and video locked. The cuts were made on the magnified wave forms.
Thx, again.
Oh, yeah, Scott, that is one of the first Taiwanese made PRS Santana SE Student Edition. An early serial number from one of the production runs supervised by Paul Reed Smith while the factory was being set up. Plays well, holds its tune, and is not that heavy.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Closer Walk Video - 01/29/18 11:54 AM
Thanks for sharing this smile It's always awesome seeing someone play their tune live like this. As for the tune itself, you did a great job here. Your playing is seriously on point, and I love the calming vibe of this one.

Great work on this!
Posted By: edshaw Re: Closer Walk Video - 01/29/18 12:15 PM
Thanks, Deryk. One of my personal challenges is to calm down and improvise with a camera in the room.
Old reliable BiaB permits some cruise time to plan a "spontaneous" version of a line.
Posted By: sslechta Re: Closer Walk Video - 01/29/18 01:25 PM
Nice work Ed! Like the others said, it's fun to watch your technique as you play. You looked fairly relaxed and enjoying it!
Posted By: edshaw Re: Closer Walk Video - 02/04/18 05:28 PM
Closer Walk -- New Host
Posted By: MarioD Re: Closer Walk Video - 02/04/18 07:12 PM
This was a great rendition of one of my favorite songs. Super cool guitar tone! Very nice switching of octaves also.

As for the video I'll be in the minority and say I didn't like it. I would have much preferred to see you playing without that color effect. But that is just my opinion and others may not agree.

Super job on the song!
Posted By: edshaw Re: Closer Walk Video - 02/06/18 11:46 AM
Thanks, Mario.
The effects came about during a self appointed project
to reduce file size. Ironically, after posting a 6Mb rendering
of this song on Vimeo, the Vimeo "supervisor" complained
and requested a better version. I assume they found the
crushed version embarrassing, beneath their standards.
I exported a 138Mb version, posted it, & they are now happy.
© PG Music Forums