PG Music Home
Posted By: RnAM How are you - 01/30/18 06:06 PM

Hi everyone,

We're back again laugh Lately we've done a lot of gigs and I've also been pretty busy with a Speech Recognition software add-on I created.
We are very happy to be among the 2018 showcase winners and would like to congratulate all other winners!

We're kicking off this year with one of my favorite RnAM ballads. I wrote it a while ago but it was never posted.
Let's say the lyrics are semi-autobiographical grin

As always comments are encouraged!

Rob

Style is _12-8PNO.STY (12/8 Solo Acoustic Piano )
PianoCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic Piano (Kontakt),
1922:Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockSlow12-8 Sw 060
895:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment PopSlow12-8 Ev 060
529:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 065
2267:Synth, BellPad, Rhythm 80sPopPads Ev 085
2650:Guitar, Electric, Background DreamyPopBalladFillsBrent Ev 085
RealDrums: Nashville128^01-a:SideStick, b:Ride
Posted By: ROG Re: How are you - 01/30/18 08:01 PM
Hi Rob & Anne-Marie,

Hey, good to have you back!

And back with a superb track too.

Fabulous professional backing track and your vocals are absolutely top class.

Great video and perfect mix to finish off.

Cheers, ROG.
Posted By: RichMac Re: How are you - 01/30/18 10:53 PM

Hi Rob and Anne-Marie.

Another beautiful and tasteful production.
Put me in a nice dreamy mood.

Cheers.
Posted By: Al-David Re: How are you - 01/31/18 06:52 AM
Hi Rob and Ann-Marie,

So nice to have you back on the fortum. I've been rather spotty with my attendance, too. But i get here as much as I can.

This is just so good! You two post of the most professional sounding music on the forum. It's always a pleasure to click onto one of your songs. I really enjoyed this - the video, too! Terrific work!

Alan
Posted By: floyd jane Re: How are you - 01/31/18 10:05 AM
Great to see you guys back.

Wonderful song. Really nice video.

Fine vocals (as always), good mix (as always). (You are among the few who put a piano where it needs to be (up) in a mix...nice).

Enjoyed.

fj
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: How are you - 01/31/18 11:13 AM
Great work here RnAM! You guys really nailed this one. It sounds truly sincere and heartfelt, and definitely gives an emotional vibe. It’s got a great groove, and those melodies got stuck in my head after one listen. I’d imagine this sounding phenomenal played live at a wedding. Plus, the production is top notch. I wouldn’t bat an eyelash hearing this on the radio.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing with us smile
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: How are you - 01/31/18 11:28 AM
Great song and video. Very good vocals and overall production. Are all RT's or have you added some extra details?
Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: furry Re: How are you - 01/31/18 01:12 PM
Loved the song from the first note. Lovely warm production and a a good listen
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: How are you - 01/31/18 02:20 PM
This song had me actually swaying at my desk. I can feel the emotion in it. I love whenever you listen to a song and can feel moved. I think you guys did a great job, and congrats on your win!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: How are you - 01/31/18 04:27 PM
Rob & Anne-Marie,
There`s so much to enjoy in this song - others have mentioned the production which is tasteful and professional (as ever!).
My interest was taken by the emotional depth here - the cameo vocal by Anne-Marie making such a nice contrast to Rob`s sweet lead and addind something mysterious.
Though they are easy to hear it would be nice to see the lyrics.
One of my favourites from your repertoire.

Robert
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: How are you - 01/31/18 07:27 PM
Very very good Rob and Anne Marie!! You are absolute professionals at what you do. The vocals are stellar and nobody on the forum does video any better! Great! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: RnAM Re: How are you - 02/01/18 09:48 AM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Rob & Anne-Marie,

Cheers, ROG.

Thank you ROG, that is much appreciated!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: How are you - 02/01/18 11:52 AM
Nice one. Classic RnAM style with the very interesting and unique chord changes you seem to like. It is one of my favorite things to listen for when I am listening to one of your songs. This one did not disappoint.

It's been a while since I heard some of your work. I enjoyed this one.
Posted By: jannesan Re: How are you - 02/01/18 04:05 PM
Truly a RnAM classic. Beautiful melody and chord progression. Excellent vocals, including backing and Anne-Marie's part. Great use of instruments, I like especially the piano part at the end and the solo guitar.

Janne
Posted By: Scott C Re: How are you - 02/01/18 06:09 PM
What a beautiful song Rob and Anne-Marie. Awesome vocal and backtrack. Loved the video. Well. Harmonies were so sweet. And the guitar nice !!!
Posted By: tommyad Re: How are you - 02/02/18 10:39 AM
Beautiful song. The stereo field is fantastic in the headphones. Super vocals and I also listen for your signature unexpected chord changes. As usual they are there and you always make them work. The production is pro all the way. As a long time waterman and diver I enjoyed the video, Tom
Posted By: bluage Re: How are you - 02/02/18 03:53 PM
Dear Rob and Anne-Marie...

I'm not surprised by your admission that the song's lyrics are "semi-autographical", because the title, "How Are You?", is an intimate, concerned way of addressing a human being, which suggested that the songwriter(s) was/were referring to, and recalling a personal experience wih someone who must have mattered a great deal to him/her.

The RealTracks/Drums you selected to adorn your lyrics -- and the singer's voice -- lent an Elton John-ish feel to the song, while sustaining a dreamy, starry-eyed sound that was reminiscent of the more passionately emotive 50's pop ballads such as, "I Only Have Eyes for You."

The backwards-in-time-looking lyrics really command the listener's attention as they describe feelings such as regret, dashed hopes, and the painful effort of offering wishes of well-being to someone your heart cannot let go of.

That the song was so brief heightened its dramatic effect.

Sweet!

Sincerely,

LOREN
Posted By: PeterF Re: How are you - 02/02/18 09:23 PM
Rob & Anne-Marie

As I've come to expect and absolutely wonderful vocal performance and a pretty and engaging song.
Excellent in all ways - a super pro sound.

Peter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: How are you - 02/03/18 11:48 AM
It’s a beautiful song with great vocals as Robert very eloquently stated, “My interest was taken by the emotional depth here - the cameo vocal by Anne-Marie making such a nice contrast to Rob`s sweet lead and addind something mysterious.”

The production and particularly the piano add to the melancholy feel of the lyrics and melody.

As always your choice of video clips and their arrangement well support the lyrics and mood.

Kudos you two!

J&B
Posted By: RnAM Re: How are you - 02/03/18 06:06 PM
Thanks Richard and... nice dreams!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: How are you - 02/03/18 08:09 PM
Rob, more absolutely excellent quality material from you and Anne-Marie.

This is beautiful from start to finish. An absolutely first class ballad.

Very enjoyable.
Posted By: RnAM Re: How are you - 02/05/18 12:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Rob and Ann-Marie,

So nice to have you back on the fortum. I've been rather spotty with my attendance, too. But i get here as much as I can.

This is just so good! You two post of the most professional sounding music on the forum. It's always a pleasure to click onto one of your songs. I really enjoyed this - the video, too! Terrific work!

Alan

Thank you Al, that is a very flattering response indeed!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: How are you - 02/05/18 11:07 AM
Rob and Anne-Marie,

This was so beautiful. I wish I could have seen the lyrics somewhere so I could have read along.

I was using my own speech recognition software though and this is what I saw on the screen while you were singing:

Oh I miss David Snyder
I do, I do
I just miss him so much, so much
I wish he was here
I am drowning in my tears
oh I wish David Snyder was Dutch

Is that what it said? I am trying to work out some kinks in my software so thanks for letting me know!

smile
Posted By: gruverider Re: How are you - 02/06/18 09:13 PM
Yes, so heartfelt. Another wonderful song!

And the song is moving from the vocals to the production to the arrangement and everything else.
Posted By: RnAM Re: How are you - 02/07/18 01:13 AM
Thank you Floyd, appreciated. We knew you'd like that piano.;-)
Rob & Anne-Marie
Posted By: Noel96 Re: How are you - 02/07/18 07:47 AM
Rob and Anne-Marie,

What a really, really wonderful listen.

The relaxed, flowing lilt of 12/8 lulled me into a pleasant, relaxed state of mind. It's a really beautiful ballad that you've composed. You deserve all the accolades that have come your way.

As always, your performances, your arrangement and your production shine bright with professionalism. The two of you are a formidably talented music duo.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: RnAM Re: How are you - 02/08/18 11:26 PM
Thank you Deryk, Molsenhouse, Graham, Ember, Robert, Torrey, Herb, Janne, Scott, Tommy, Loren, Peter, J&B, Trevor, Lawrence and Noel.
Your positive comments are really appreciated!

David, with that kind of results you must be using Windows Speech Recognition and not Dragon NaturallySpeaking right?
Those sweet lyrics your speech program was hearing got her all flamed up again...
Remember Amsterdam, the nightclub we went and the girl you met?
We thought she would never stop calling us: "Rob and Anne-Marie where's your pal David? I wish he was Dutch, I wish he lived here".
Well, she's back again, just when I thought I could finally work on my software in peace frown
Posted By: dani48 Re: How are you - 02/09/18 04:54 AM
Hi Rob and Anne-Marie !

This unmistakebly RnAm, which
for us means quality in every
aspect ! The good thing is that
it is so recognizable you and that
it is immediately so from the
start ! Notwithstanding your
superb vocals there is something
in your use of chord progressions
that makes a tune an RnAM tune and
that is IMO simply brilliant !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: RnAM Re: How are you - 02/10/18 12:48 AM
Thank you Danny, keep those compliments coming ;-)
Appreciated as always.

Rob
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: How are you - 02/12/18 10:52 PM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Rob & Anne-Marie,

Cheers, ROG.

Exactly!! You guys always produce such excellent recordings with beautiful vocals!! Everything just sounds right! Enjoyed the video as well. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Sundance Re: How are you - 02/13/18 01:23 AM
Hi Rob and Anne-Marie,
I haven't been around much either. Hoping that'll change some. Terrific to hear you two are doing lots of gigs!

This is a beautiful song showcasing your wonderful sound.
Posted By: animarorecords Re: How are you - 03/02/18 03:17 AM
Hello, Rob and Anne-Marie

Wonderful Tune!
Very Beautiful melody and chord progression!
Great vocals and harmonies!
And video is also very nice.
Enjoyed my listen and watch a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
© PG Music Forums