PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Magical Voyage - 02/05/18 09:18 PM
Magical Voyage

As you sit by the babbling brook you become hypnotized by the water's flow and the red and golden fall leaves slowly falling and cascading downstream. Your mind is drifting away on a magical voyage.

BiaB style = Oceans-Very Slow New Age

I deleted the drums and slightly modified the rest of the tracks to better fit the song.

I am playing the leads on my MIDI keyboard controller.

Let me know what you think.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Magical Voyage - 02/05/18 10:04 PM
You have a wonderful musical mind Mario! This is a really dreamlike piece that certainly puts one in a hypnotic frame of mind! The harp part was an inspired choice! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: PeterF Re: Magical Voyage - 02/06/18 05:57 AM
Mario

A lovely meditative piece. Beautifully put together and arranged.
Very nice indeed.

Peter
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Magical Voyage - 02/06/18 11:58 AM
Very well done, Mario! It sets a really calming mood. I'd imagine this sounding perfect in a movie or video game, since it has a very cinematic feeling to it. The name you chose for this is definitely suiting! It makes me think of Enya a little bit.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: jannesan Re: Magical Voyage - 02/06/18 02:48 PM
Great mood, lovely chord progression and the melody sung by those angels is really captivating - I feel like I'm entering heaven smile You have done really good job to create this strong emotional voyage.

Janne
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Magical Voyage - 02/06/18 05:41 PM
That is deep, dude. Ethereal. Really tasteful chord changes. I can see Stevie Nicks in her witchy clothes doing this.
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Magical Voyage - 02/06/18 05:52 PM

Very nice and meditative sound.
Excellent composition very well produced.

One of your best for me.

Sergio
Posted By: furry Re: Magical Voyage - 02/06/18 08:37 PM
Mario Buddy, that's exquisite. The Choral is magical. Thanks pal a real winner
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 09:55 AM
Mario,

Very nice. Terrific new age music. Relaxing, meditative...

It occurred to me while listening to this how VERY good your mixes on this type music are. SO good, in fact, that one does not even THINK about it as it goes by. Transparent. The ultimate in mixing. Bravo.

fj
Posted By: Dan Gipson Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 10:53 AM
New enough not to feel to stupid when I ask: how did you access the style you used? I have BIAB 2017 plus, and while if I want to create a jazz bluegrass country etc. I have more choices than I want, I haven't come across anything like new age. Don't have a big enough package? Haven't looked hard enough? Love the piece, Mario
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 11:46 AM
floyd really said it regarding the mix. If you don't think about it when listening then everything is, indeed, good.

This song was perfect for morning coffee and looking out the music room window at our forest. And the wind chimes were adding a nice touch to your song.

Nice!

J&B
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 01:12 PM

Well Mario,

I drifted up into the sky and fell out of earth's orbit, so I guess I will catch you on the other side bro.

Thanks for the song man. I see stars, and it's really, really cold, but I see an orange rock, and maybe there is some food over there, but I also see fire, so I dunno.

But man, I hope we'll see one another again!!

smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 02:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
You have a wonderful musical mind Mario! This is a really dreamlike piece that certainly puts one in a hypnotic frame of mind! The harp part was an inspired choice! Thanks, Torrey

Thanx so much Torrey. The nice thing about MIDI is that you can change sounds and modify the notes. That is what I did with the harp.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 02:14 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Mario

A lovely meditative piece. Beautifully put together and arranged.
Very nice indeed.

Peter

Thanx Peter. Every once in a while I get into a New Age mood so I have to write something either New Age or Ambient.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 02:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Very well done, Mario! It sets a really calming mood. I'd imagine this sounding perfect in a movie or video game, since it has a very cinematic feeling to it. The name you chose for this is definitely suiting! It makes me think of Enya a little bit.

Thanks for sharing smile

Thanx Deryk. I was hoping for a calming mood scenario. Enya was very good at that!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 02:18 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Great mood, lovely chord progression and the melody sung by those angels is really captivating - I feel like I'm entering heaven smile You have done really good job to create this strong emotional voyage.

Janne

Thanx Janne so much. This was really a quick and dirty production taking only a couple of days. BiaB can set up such a foundation that the rest can be easy.....at times!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 02:20 PM
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
That is deep, dude. Ethereal. Really tasteful chord changes. I can see Stevie Nicks in her witchy clothes doing this.

Thanx Eddie. BiaB allows me to experiment with chord progressions. That is basically what I use BiaB, thus I use maybe about 5% of what it is capable off doing.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 02:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Very nice and meditative sound.
Excellent composition very well produced.

One of your best for me.

Sergio

Thanx Sergio I appreciate these comments.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 02:21 PM
Originally Posted By: furry
Mario Buddy, that's exquisite. The Choral is magical. Thanks pal a real winner

Thanx so much my good friend.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 02:26 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Mario,

Very nice. Terrific new age music. Relaxing, meditative...

It occurred to me while listening to this how VERY good your mixes on this type music are. SO good, in fact, that one does not even THINK about it as it goes by. Transparent. The ultimate in mixing. Bravo.

fj

Thanx Floyd. I am finding and my local musician friends agree that Studio One Pro mixes sound much clearer than the mixes I did in Sonar. I know that 1s and 0s are the same so it must be the effects that I am using. Anyway thanx so much for that "ultimate in mixing" comment. That made my day, especially from someone that always produces pro mixes.
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 02:34 PM
Beautiful Mario – felt like a SpaceMan in a Red Tesla Roadster somewhere between the Earth and the Sun!
Soft, dreamy and relaxing. Very well done – thanks for sharing!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 02:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Dan Gipson
New enough not to feel to stupid when I ask: how did you access the style you used? I have BIAB 2017 plus, and while if I want to create a jazz bluegrass country etc. I have more choices than I want, I haven't come across anything like new age. Don't have a big enough package? Haven't looked hard enough? Love the piece, Mario

Dan, the only stupid question is one that you do not ask.

The style Oceans - Very Slow New Age - is a BiaB MIDI style from set #61 MIDI. I have found that working in MIDI is much easier to manipulate data. Many people here are experts at using RTs but I prefer MIDI for many reasons. One main one for using MIDI for New Age is that you can slow down the tempo as slow as you want and not get any artifacts. You can also change sounds and rewrite parts with no problems. BUT and this is a big one, you have to have good MIDI sound sources. You have a good start one to start with in sforzando. If you google/bing SFZ sounds you will find a lot of them from free to a few dollars. There are others like Kontakt or Sample Tank 3 that are much better but also a lot more costly.

I hope this helps and thanx for the listening and the very nice comments.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 02:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
floyd really said it regarding the mix. If you don't think about it when listening then everything is, indeed, good.

This song was perfect for morning coffee and looking out the music room window at our forest. And the wind chimes were adding a nice touch to your song.

Nice!

J&B

Thanx so much for listening. It must be nice to look out your window and see a forest! I envy you so much! I look out our house and see more houses. I cam from the country with the nearest neighbor a half a mile away and woods a few yards from the house and I miss that.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 02:44 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Well Mario,

I drifted up into the sky and fell out of earth's orbit, so I guess I will catch you on the other side bro.

Thanks for the song man. I see stars, and it's really, really cold, but I see an orange rock, and maybe there is some food over there, but I also see fire, so I dunno.

But man, I hope we'll see one another again!!

smile

In my Bowie voice I say

Ground control to Major Dave
I'm glad you liked the song today
But don't feel dismissed
I'll do another, promise
Posted By: MarioD Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 02:46 PM
Originally Posted By: molsenhouse
Beautiful Mario – felt like a SpaceMan in a Red Tesla Roadster somewhere between the Earth and the Sun!
Soft, dreamy and relaxing. Very well done – thanks for sharing!

Thanx so much for listening.

PS - if you are going to the sun go at night when it ain't shinning whistle
Posted By: edshaw Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 03:31 PM
Masterfully done.
That, I might find in the New Age bookstore in with
collections of meditation music. That's one of those
overlooked audiences.
Posted By: gruverider Re: Magical Voyage - 02/07/18 08:46 PM
Very relaxing. Well written.

Thank you for sharing.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Magical Voyage - 02/08/18 10:02 AM
Mario, This is certainly a relaxing meditative piece. Well mixed. I enjoyed my listen, Tom
Posted By: rsdean Re: Magical Voyage - 02/08/18 12:41 PM
Mario,

This one just carries you along... So subtle and understated with great movement throughout. Love your work on the keyboard controller.

Excellent!
Posted By: RichMac Re: Magical Voyage - 02/08/18 01:14 PM
hi mario
what you do with midi is amazing.
this is nice and peaceful.
couldnt sleep so had a listen. going back to sleep now.
thanks.
cheers.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Magical Voyage - 02/09/18 10:54 PM
hi marioD great job on this very clear and crisp mix very relaxing smooth changes love it thanks eric
Posted By: MarioD Re: Magical Voyage - 02/09/18 11:16 PM
Thanx all for listening and those very nice comments. They are greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Magical Voyage - 02/12/18 10:48 PM
Mario, you are the suondtrack master!! Love the ethereal musical collages you are able to create. If I ever make a film, I'm calling YOU!!! Nice stuff!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Magical Voyage - 02/19/18 09:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Mario, you are the suondtrack master!! Love the ethereal musical collages you are able to create. If I ever make a film, I'm calling YOU!!! Nice stuff!! Take care. Greg

Thanx so much Greg. If you every make a film just give me a call and I will be there.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Magical Voyage - 12/28/18 10:44 PM
Hi Mario,

This is a stunning good and dreamy track. Loved it!

And I love the way you are mixing this kind of music - not easy, but you did an excellent job with this tune.

Thank you for sharing!
Will
Posted By: Jim Re: Magical Voyage - 12/29/18 03:27 PM
Beautiful song, Mario...
Then I thought...
Have I heard this one before? ...
Nice resurrection Will...
I happy you brought this one back into the top 20!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Magical Voyage - 12/29/18 04:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music

Thanks for sharing smile

As Deryk observed, I'm hearing a romantic movie theme. You have a fabulous musical imagination.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Magical Voyage - 12/29/18 05:34 PM
Dear friend !

This is purely Divine music !
I don´t have words for it - it just
sounds wonderful ! I felt like floating
along in heaven visiting loved ones
and friends whose souls dwell there !
Wonderful, Mario !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Magical Voyage - 12/29/18 08:23 PM
Mario,

This is really great.

Seems like I have heard and commented on this before--maybe confusing it with another tune. But gorgeous man. I am using this style!

Oh wait, I see I DID and we goofed around. Never mind. I enjoyed the extra listen!!!
© PG Music Forums