PG Music Home
Posted By: MrJones? These Lonely Streets - 02/06/18 09:00 PM
Hi all.

My first posted track so I'm hoping I get this right.
I've listened to lots of the ones posted and am super impressed with the talent around here and read some of the threads in this sub-forum.

This tune was developed directly from the Brent Mason Artist Performance Set 4, with some mods to the instruments, slight change of tempo and I've kept the excellent lead guitar performance because it fits so well.

Enjoy listening (I hope) and if anyone wants the detailed info, I'll post later.

Sound Cloud - These Lonely Streets

I exported the individual tracks to my Tascam DP24SD to add the vocals and backing vocals, but didn't radically alter the BIAB tracks during that process as they sound about as good as they can already.
Posted By: MrJones? Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/06/18 09:49 PM
I decided I should provide the info anyway... I guess I'm just having a lazy evening. cool

Posted By: Belladonna Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/06/18 10:15 PM
Nice country song. Very smooth. I always like it when people post their lyrics as sometimes it's hard to hear all the words.
Posted By: MrJones? Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/07/18 06:10 AM
Thanks Belladonna... I also meant to do that, but at the moment, they only exist written in pen on paper. I haven't typed them up (it's that same "lazy day" thing.

When I get home tonight, I'll type them up and post them. smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/07/18 09:44 AM
Mr. Jones,

Welcome to the Showcase. A nice first post.

A good sound to this. Very nice vocal. The background vocals were well done. A good mix.

Enjoyed the listen.

floyd
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/07/18 12:05 PM
Welcome and a well done entry to the forum.

As floyd mentioned all the essentials are well done...vocals and the mix. It sounds very nice on our monitors.

Well done!

J&B
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/07/18 12:26 PM
Welcome to the showcase, Mr. Jones smile This is a great first submission - it's got really strong vocals, and the arrangement job here is seriously on point. It sounds really professional. The groove is great too - really easy to tap your foot to. I wouldn't bat an eyelash hearing this on the local country station.

Thanks so much for sharing - can't wait to hear more from you!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/07/18 01:09 PM

Great man!

You worked this style really well! Nothing is messy, just very well done.

Great song.

Excellent mix and production too. You kept it simple and warm. Good for you. That's how you do it!

Welcome to the forum!
Posted By: MrJones? Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/07/18 01:17 PM
These Lonely Streets - By Mr Jones

I walk along these lonely streets, with nothing on my mind.
I take a trip down Memory Lane, to see what I can find.
I reminise about that kiss, in the days when the sun always shone.
But now the sun's set, there's nothing left, the memories have all gone.

I trace my footsteps, in the darkness, down Lonely Avenue.
Hoping by some chance, you'll still be there.
Your silhouette danced in the moonlight, the moonlight so blue.
Starlight flickered so gently, in your golden hair.

I ride along these broken highways, I take the long road home.
If it's a road that leads me nowhere, I ride it on my own.
With no remorse, I'll stay the course, and discover where this old road goes.
Maybe a gohst town, I can settle down, no one really knows.

I trace my footsteps, in the darkness, down Lonely Avenue.
Hoping by some chance, you'll still be there.
Your silhouette danced in the moonlight, the moonlight so blue.
Starlight flickered so gently, in your golden hair.

Repeat verse one and chorus.
Posted By: MrJones? Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/07/18 01:23 PM
Thanks for the welcomes and compliments everyone... I've been writing songs and playing with home recording for decades and it's still nerve racking posting new stuff to new people, so I really appreciate the feedback. smile

I'm more a rockabilly than a country guy (though my musical taste on whole covers lots of things), so this song is a little bit out of the ordinary for me, but as soon as I heard the artist performace track, I knew I had to write a song for it... The ready made music almost wrote the lryics for me and I'm loving BIAB's ability to quickly make ideas come to life.
Posted By: Scott C Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/07/18 04:50 PM
Welcome to the forum. Ireally enjoyed this. Super vocal
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/12/18 10:38 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Mr. Jones,

A good sound to this. Very nice vocal. The background vocals were well done. A good mix.

Enjoyed the listen.

floyd

Yes, welcome indeed Mr. Jones!! As Floyd said, very nice vocal. You've captured a bit of a retro feel, in a very nice way. Song has a very tangible and powerful emotion to it. Really, really, well done!! Come back soon! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Sundance Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/13/18 01:54 AM
Welcome!

What a great classic country voice you have. Love the harmony too. Really enjoyed listening. Great first post.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/13/18 03:25 PM
I agree that you have a great voice for this classic country song.
All the work you put in harmonising the lead vocal and the ooohs throughout are not wasted- its an impressive sounding mix for a first post and I thoroughly enjoyed the song.
Welcome to the forum!

Robert
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/13/18 04:23 PM
Your voice fits so perfectly with this style of music! This sounds so professional. I'm in awe. Great share and thanks for posting it up to the user showcase. I agree I would have loved to see the lyrics! Maybe next time.
Posted By: Al-David Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/13/18 04:38 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Mr. Jones,

Enjoyed the listen.

floyd

I think Floyd bailed it. I fully agree with him. And, personal welcome to the forums. Love your true country voice. This is the kind of country i grew up on and played so many years. This was a real delight! Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: MrJones? Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/16/18 07:38 AM
Oh wow, sorry I went AWOL for a while and missed these lovely comments, thanks all, it's much appreciated. Hopefully I'll get time (and inspiration) soon to do some more. All my time in BIAB over the last week or so has been exploring it's various features in a bit more depth.

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Your voice fits so perfectly with this style of music! This sounds so professional. I'm in awe. Great share and thanks for posting it up to the user showcase. I agree I would have loved to see the lyrics! Maybe next time.

Thanks Ember, but I did post the lryics eventually so they are at least in the thread. grin
Posted By: beatmaster Re: These Lonely Streets - 02/16/18 08:57 AM
Nice country /folk song vocals do suit this genre Jim Reeves comes to mind well done on this was a joy to listen to.
© PG Music Forums