PG Music Home
Posted By: David Snyder Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/20/18 03:24 PM
First song with BIAB 2018.

Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold
By David Snyder

https://www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder/song/29248135-every-day-she-touches-turns-to

https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs/every-day-she-touches-turns-to-gold

V1

Well I’ve never seen
The seven wonders of the world
But I’ve seen the most important one
She’s standing on the front porch waiting for me
Every day when I come home

Ch:

And every day she touches
Gives me a better start
She makes me warm, when I feel cold
Makes me feel so young at heart
And I know we’ll never grow old
Cause every day she touches, every day she touches
Every day she touches turns to gold
And I sing:
Wooooo…ooo, oh yeah
Woo…oo I just love my girl
And I sing:
Wooooo…ooo, oh yeah

V2

Got no desire to be
the famous king of anything
I already have all I need to know
And everything I want, I’m holding in my arms
And I swear, I’ll never let her go

Ch:

Gives me a better start
She makes me warm, when I feel cold
Makes me feel so young at heart
And I know we’ll never grow old
And I sing:
Wooooo…ooo, oh yeah
And I sing:
Wooooo…ooo, oh yeah
Words and Music copyright 2018 David Snyder/ASCAP

David Snyder: Vocals, piano, additional instrumentation, arrangement, production

RealTracks in style: 2325:Bass, Synth, Rhythm JazzFunkFat Ev 110
Loop in Song: Pop-Soul-RnB\R n B - sweet_75_a drums ev16.wav
RealTracks in style: 2812:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm GospelSoul8thsMike Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 1543:Synth Pad, PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 1829:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopModernGrooveBrightArp Ev16 075
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven16^5-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Posted By: Robertkc Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/20/18 03:45 PM
David,

That warmed things up for me- such a lovely thought in the lyrics and I liked the vulnerable feel of your vocals.
I hear some Randy Newman in this.
Those smooth ooohs are so well done!

Robert

Really nice song. Super melody and harmony.
Excellent work.

Sergio
Posted By: PeterF Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/20/18 05:00 PM
David

A very nice smooth sounding soul number. Pretty melody and a nice engaging lyric.
Good choice of tracks to set the mood.

Peter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/20/18 08:26 PM
"Well I’ve never seen
Every day when I come home"

Well that's a "rip the paint right off of your heart" opener!

What to say...it's simply a damn good love song in a world that needs more.

Thank you.

J&B
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/20/18 09:54 PM
Love the title "Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold" such a nice visual. Also, some really great lyric lines. Good take on this topic. Nice job!!!
Posted By: kybordr Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/20/18 10:50 PM
I enjoyed this a lot. Love the lyrics especially. Niiiice!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/20/18 11:02 PM
David, you came up with a super overall sound on this! I am hearing McCartney in this in several places (especially some of the bass parts), kind of like a jazzy version of something he would come up with. Really liked the ooh breaks and the double tracked vocal coming in was a nice touch! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/21/18 06:39 AM
Nice! Well written and performed, just a great feel good song.

Love the "Wooooo…ooo" parts, perfect! And that synth bass is the cats meow.

Really good, David! I'm over on reverb, "Stand by you" was up after this one so I'm giving that a spin too.
What a tune! You really did a great job here, David. Your vocal delivery here is really a standout. You can hear the passion in it. Not to mention, the lyrics on this are super engaging and vivid. Really catchy as well - overall, just a solidly written song smile

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing!
Posted By: RichMac Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/21/18 06:11 PM

Luvly just luvly.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/21/18 09:40 PM
David, I especially like the lyrics on this one. Some really great lines in it. Like Janice and Bud said, a good love song in a world that needs more.

Nice job!

Steve
Posted By: rsdean Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/22/18 07:46 AM
Wow! A little bit of Randy Newman, Al Jarreau, and David Snyder all mixed together!

Beautiful and creative - loved it.

Bob
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/22/18 05:40 PM
Very cool, David.

Like Torrey, I heard a lot of McCartney in this. Bought the write and the sound - especially the bass! - need to remember that one to try!

Super.

fj
Posted By: gruverider Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/22/18 09:22 PM
The bass is phatt and the oooh's are smoooth and everyday she touches turns to gold!

much enjoyed!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/22/18 09:51 PM
Nice job breaking the fourth wall! The band did a great job helping out you out there. Bonuses all around!

I thought the initial patter would pull me out of the song. But as floydjane said, you sold it and sucked me in. Well done!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/23/18 06:07 PM
Thanks Robert! I am glad I was able to provide warmth!!

smile

Thanks for listening. I have been loving your new songs by the way!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/23/18 06:07 PM

Thanks Sergio!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/23/18 06:08 PM

Thanks Peter! That means a lot!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/23/18 06:09 PM

Thanks Donna,

That really means a lot. Great job on all your FAWM songs!!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/23/18 09:34 PM
Very cool tune David. Super vocal and excellent lyric. Loved backtrack as well. Well done David
Posted By: jannesan Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/25/18 06:36 AM
What a great romantic song, sad melody and chords, but that's why this really touches me. Excellent production as always. Great title leads to great lyrics and I like those harmonies as well, reminds me of John Lennon's Woman.

Janne
Posted By: dani48 Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/25/18 10:21 AM
Hi, David !:))

One of your absolute best
if not even the best !:))
My cograts to you for this
lovely tune !!!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/26/18 06:56 PM
Thanks Kybordr!

I really appreciate that!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/26/18 06:58 PM

Thanks Scott! I am really glad you enjoyed it man!!

smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/26/18 08:35 PM
David she must have touched this song because it is gold!

This is the perfect love song and I loved it! Super lyrics and an outstanding chord progression topped off with a heart felt vocal, who could ask for more?

This is a keeper.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 02/28/18 09:08 PM

Thanks Torrey. That was so awesome of you to say!

I will take "McCartney" any day man!!

smile

God bless you!
Posted By: Sundance Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/01/18 05:49 PM
The kind of song the ladies love, including this one. Really pretty song. Nice sounds in your arrangement - loved the ooo's.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/01/18 07:00 PM
Thanks Dave! I will making sure to sample some cats meowing in my tune. Great idea bro!

Thanks for listening.

Been loving your new stuff!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/01/18 07:01 PM

Thanks Deryk! I always love your thoughtful comments man! Thanks so much for listening!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/01/18 07:01 PM

Luvly is going to be the title of my next song.

Thanks dude.

smile

Thank you Steve! That means a lot man!!
Hello, David

The chord progression of this tune is really my favorite.
The melody lines are also my favorite.
I think they are unusual for you.
Perhaps it is a type of song that you do not write so often.
I would like to hear more songs of this type from you.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: RnAM Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/03/18 07:15 PM
Sounds like you really mean it this time David laugh
We're sitting behind our desk, looking at each other and, well....
you know.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: rayc Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/04/18 08:08 AM
David,
Sweet lyric and wonderful melody but the "accent" of the voice doesn't work on many levels - not least that it limits your range.
Now, I know Joe Cocker had a hit with his strained vocals in You Are So Beautiful, To Me, but, honestly, I initially though this song was a satire.
As a demo, for most folk, it would serve its purpose pretty well but for a writer & performer of your calibre
Some parts in the bass track didn't work too well for me either.
As noted: sweet lyric and a wonderful melody.
A nice heartfelt love song. Nice arrangement and mix. Enjoyed my listen.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/04/18 09:38 AM
David, The most surprising element of this fine write is how well the disparate real tracks you've chosen work together. The bass is so cool. Makes the song. Very nice melody and the mix is outstanding. Nicely done again, Tom
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/04/18 10:25 AM
Thanks Bob! That is a really good combo you refer to there! I appreciate it man!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/04/18 10:26 AM

Thanks Floyd! I'll take McCartney. That's cool!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/04/18 10:27 AM
Thanks Gruve!

Glad you enjoyed it man!
Posted By: cliftond Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/04/18 08:44 PM
Excellent song David, has a John Lennon feel and sound to this. Love it
Posted By: Al-David Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/05/18 03:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"Well I’ve never seen
Every day when I come home"

Well that's a "rip the paint right off of your heart" opener!

What to say...it's simply a damn good love song in a world that needs more.

Thank you.

J&B

David,

Bud said it so much better than I could have. The lush arrangement is captivating and what a great lyric. What a stunningly beautiful song.

I saw this a day or two back but just now found some time to comment.

Been a really hectic week. I've been packing for our move into the assisted living facility this coming weekend plus getting ready for a huge yard sale. Glad I have a few minutes this evening to listen to a few of the great songs recently posted. This is among the best of them. God Bless,

Alan
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/11/18 08:23 PM
Addicting melody!!! And the lyrics are pretty darned good too!! I can hear the McCartney chord changes, but there is some 70's Lennon vibe in ther too (plus a lot of other cool stuff!). Love it David!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/12/18 04:42 AM
David,

This is a GREAT write!

As I sat here listening, images flooded my mind and you took me to a place that few songs do. I really love the hook and your lyrics and musical setting developed it really well.

This is definitely a creation to be proud of.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/15/18 10:46 AM
Dave Cuny,

Thanks a lot man. What was that fourth wall? I remember banging my head and then I went unconscious.

What was that thing man???
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/15/18 10:50 AM

Thanks Mario!!

I think she smiled.

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/16/18 10:02 AM

Thanks Janne,

I am really glad you liked it man! I sure did enjoy your last tune!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/17/18 11:21 AM

Thanks Dani!

That means so much!

I am really glad you enjoyed it.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 03/18/18 10:42 AM

Thanks Josie! I love the part about the "kind of song the ladies like."

Ok then, let me write some more!!

Thank you so much. I really enjoyed your last one!
Posted By: Jim Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 04/14/18 07:06 PM
Nice hook line... I must admit its your unique vocal interpretation which really delivers the power to this piece... it makes the song really wonderful & warm... keep writing my friend... good things are going to come.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 04/17/18 02:52 PM
Shigeki,

Thank you so much for this. I am so glad you liked it!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 04/17/18 02:53 PM

Rob and Anne-Marie,

I am glad I sound like I mean it, and as for the rest of what you are doing, maybe that is private???

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 04/17/18 02:54 PM

Thanks Charlie.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 04/17/18 02:54 PM

Hey Tom,

Thanks a lot man!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 04/17/18 02:55 PM

Thanks Clifton, that means a lot man. I have been loving your tunes as well.

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 04/21/18 11:55 AM

Thanks Greg! That means a lot. Paul McCartney is definitely a big influence, and Lennon too. Thanks for the kind words!
Posted By: edshaw Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 04/23/18 09:05 PM
Most definitely like that one.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 04/25/18 01:11 PM

Thanks Noel! I always enjoy your feedback so much. You have perfectly encapsulated what I was trying to do.

Thanks for expressing it so well.

I am so glad you liked it, and you have made my day!

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Every Day She Touches Turns to Gold - 04/25/18 01:13 PM

Thanks Jim,

That is some great encouragement man! I am really smiling after you said that.

Right now I am just doing it all for the fun of it, but if great things come, well that will be ok too!!

smile
© PG Music Forums