PG Music Home
Posted By: BlueAttitude The Traveller - 03/04/18 01:19 PM
Latest song from Chris and Dave:

The Traveller

Realtracks used:

Acoustic Guitar: 692
Bass: 683

EZDrummer2: Drums and Percussion

I added three electric guitar tracks; two tele tracks and a strat for the intro lead and solo.

Mixed and mastered using reaper with plugins from Waves, iZotope, LMC, and S-Gear

THE TRAVELLER (2018, Christiane Spruit)
V1
a world outside my window
a world behind my eyes
I drive the unknown highway
drawn in by the lights
CHORUS
all right
check in within 1oo Miles
tonight
leaving no track and ride
into the presence of my mind
tonight
V2
you said I am always leaving
when it is getting rough
you know that I am a traveller
no I can't get enough
CHORUS
(check in within 200 miles)
V3
I never meant to hurt you
Never ment to to you harm
but I am just a visitor
there is no home in my heart
CHORUS
(check in within 300 miles)

Link over on soundcloud: The Traveller

All comments welcome!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: The Traveller - 03/04/18 04:38 PM
Dave,
The guitar layers sound great here to me and there`s some interesting driving percussion (EZ drummer certainly has some different options to RealDrums).
The mystery in Chris`s lyrics are a good fit and she`s such a convincing vocalist.
Love your lead guitar tone.
Very enjoyable travels!

Robert
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The Traveller - 03/04/18 05:03 PM
Great driving sound throughout.

I really liked the haunting guitar sound that sits so well with the song genre.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: The Traveller - 03/04/18 05:59 PM
Great song, arrangement and mix. I like everything about this song. Enjoyed it from start to finish.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: The Traveller - 03/04/18 06:41 PM
This song really gave me a sense of wanderlust. I also really, really liked the drums in this particular tune. It gives it an almost dreamy feel to the opening of the song, and it really enhances the overall feel of the song.

Awesome job!
Posted By: tommyad Re: The Traveller - 03/05/18 10:17 AM
Dave and Chris, You have created a top shelf song and production here. Very well sung and some of the best guitar playing ever posted on this site. A big round of applause from way down here. Absolutely loved it and worth many listens, Tom
Posted By: Al-David Re: The Traveller - 03/05/18 10:40 AM
Dave and Chris,

Such a great tune! Chris' voice and your licks work so great together on this. The guitar playing is first class all the way and those drums - holy smoke - they sell this one.

What a great listen! I don't get a chance to listen or post very often these days so, I'm delighted I got to hear this one. So sweet in every way!

Alan
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: The Traveller - 03/05/18 12:04 PM
Wow - you guys really outdid yourselves here! As it has already been mentioned - the guitar work on this tune is seriously next level. Not to mention, that vocal performance is stunning. It has so much character and emotion. You really captured a mood here.

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Traveller - 03/05/18 12:19 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Dave and Chris, You have created a top shelf song and production here. Very well sung and some of the best guitar playing ever posted on this site. A big round of applause from way down here. Absolutely loved it and worth many listens, Tom

When I saw that from Tom, I knew this was gonna be special.

Indeed.

Y'all just keep steppin' it up.

Super guitar. Digging that percussion, too...

fj
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: The Traveller - 03/05/18 01:15 PM
Nice tune. Has a great groove with a nice bluesy sound. Some of the instrumental parts sound a lot like Santana to me. Nice job on this.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: The Traveller - 03/05/18 06:14 PM
Powerful track. The guitar work really stands out on this.
Top marks for production. Rob
Posted By: PeterF Re: The Traveller - 03/05/18 07:07 PM
Dave & Chris

Yep - that was professional in every aspect. Magnificent playing - really loved the intro, wonderful vocal and beautifully arranged.
Great song.

Peter
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Traveller - 03/05/18 11:21 PM
Another awesome tune Dave. You and Chris are sure putting out some awesome music. And your guitar playing wow. You sure have your sound dialed in. Well done...
Posted By: kybordr Re: The Traveller - 03/06/18 03:00 AM
Niiiice!! Great rock blues vibe. "Here, here" to the comments above about the production, guitar work and vocals. I hope some day to be able to produce something like this.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/06/18 07:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave,
The guitar layers sound great here to me and there`s some interesting driving percussion (EZ drummer certainly has some different options to RealDrums).
The mystery in Chris`s lyrics are a good fit and she`s such a convincing vocalist.
Love your lead guitar tone.
Very enjoyable travels!

Robert

Yes, EZDrummer certainly opens up some new doors, no question about that.

Thanks for the listen and comment, Robert!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/06/18 07:57 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Great driving sound throughout.

I really liked the haunting guitar sound that sits so well with the song genre.

Thanks, VideoTrack!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The Traveller - 03/06/18 01:05 PM
Dang man, we need a step ladder to just try and reach that bar you keep moving up.

It didn't take long for forum members to drop all the well deserved superlatives.

Tweak away....but we assuredly do not have any nits.

This is one of those where after the last note we just look at each other and go WOW!

The percussion, guitar and vocal performance are amongst the very best we've heard here.

Just love the way your guitar and the vocals sit in the mix. Right in the sweet spot.

Great!

J&B
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/07/18 05:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Great song, arrangement and mix. I like everything about this song. Enjoyed it from start to finish.

Thanks for stopping by, Charlie, I appreciate the listen and comment.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/08/18 07:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
This song really gave me a sense of wanderlust. I also really, really liked the drums in this particular tune. It gives it an almost dreamy feel to the opening of the song, and it really enhances the overall feel of the song.

Awesome job!

Thanks, Ember! And thanks for mentioning the drums, took me a long time to get them the way I wanted.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/09/18 12:03 AM

Tom, to say it made my day when I read your comments would be an understatement.

Thanks! smile
Posted By: RichMac Re: The Traveller - 03/09/18 12:54 AM
Hi

Really enjoyed Chris's lyrics.
Not too simple not too mysterious
Raising questions and setting the atmosphere.
And the cleanness and precision of the lead guitar.
Good listening .
Thumbs up.

Cheers.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/09/18 10:19 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Dave and Chris,

Such a great tune! Chris' voice and your licks work so great together on this. The guitar playing is first class all the way and those drums - holy smoke - they sell this one.

What a great listen! I don't get a chance to listen or post very often these days so, I'm delighted I got to hear this one. So sweet in every way!

Alan

Alan, I know how busy you have been the last few weeks so thanks for taking the time to listen and comment on our song, I appreciate it!
Posted By: dcuny Re: The Traveller - 03/09/18 05:14 PM
First thought - someone pays attention to the stereo field. Nice.

Cool Santana sound - evocative. Nice mix - great balance everything sits nicely. Subtle harmonies. Drums sound awesome without overwhelming anything.

Fun listen.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/09/18 11:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - you guys really outdid yourselves here! As it has already been mentioned - the guitar work on this tune is seriously next level. Not to mention, that vocal performance is stunning. It has so much character and emotion. You really captured a mood here.

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing smile

Thanks for the listen and comment, I appreciate it!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/09/18 11:37 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

When I saw that from Tom, I knew this was gonna be special.

Indeed.

Y'all just keep steppin' it up.

Super guitar. Digging that percussion, too...

fj

Thanks, Floyd smile

I have a new mix up now, still not 100% happy with it, but it’s getting close I think.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/10/18 08:47 AM
Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
Nice tune. Has a great groove with a nice bluesy sound. Some of the instrumental parts sound a lot like Santana to me. Nice job on this.

Thanks, Samuel!

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Powerful track. The guitar work really stands out on this.
Top marks for production. Rob

Thanks for the listen and comment, Rob, I appreciate it!

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Dave & Chris

Yep - that was professional in every aspect. Magnificent playing - really loved the intro, wonderful vocal and beautifully arranged.
Great song.

Peter

Thanks very much, Peter! Still not 100% happy with it, I think I've remixed it six or seven times since the original upload. But, getting close now I think.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Another awesome tune Dave. You and Chris are sure putting out some awesome music. And your guitar playing wow. You sure have your sound dialed in. Well done...

Thanks, Scott! I'm always messing around trying new things on the guitar tracks, sort of a holy grail thing I guess.
Posted By: LPman Re: The Traveller - 03/10/18 10:05 AM
Hi BlueAttitude,
The song feels right, spaces to hear and think, and feel an artist is important. Good production. l like your work! Gives life meaning
Posted By: rsdean Re: The Traveller - 03/10/18 10:06 AM
Dave / Chris,

Wow! Outstanding! Another tremendous song and performance. Killer solo Dave!

Loved it!

Bob
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/11/18 07:42 AM
Originally Posted By: kybordr
Niiiice!! Great rock blues vibe. "Here, here" to the comments above about the production, guitar work and vocals. I hope some day to be able to produce something like this.

Thanks so much! The production side of things mostly takes practice, the more you do it the better you get. And this forum has helped a lot, there are some real pro level mixers here and most are happy to offer advice if you ask.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/11/18 07:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Dang man, we need a step ladder to just try and reach that bar you keep moving up.

It didn't take long for forum members to drop all the well deserved superlatives.

This is one of those where after the last note we just look at each other and go WOW!

The percussion, guitar and vocal performance are amongst the very best we've heard here.

Just love the way your guitar and the vocals sit in the mix. Right in the sweet spot.

Great!

J&B

Thanks, Bud!

I'm still tweaking actually, but it is almost where it needs to be I think.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/11/18 07:45 AM
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi

Really enjoyed Chris's lyrics.
Not too simple not too mysterious
Raising questions and setting the atmosphere.
And the cleanness and precision of the lead guitar.
Good listening .
Thumbs up.

Cheers.

Thanks for the listen and comment, Mac!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/11/18 07:48 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
First thought - someone pays attention to the stereo field. Nice.

Cool Santana sound - evocative. Nice mix - great balance everything sits nicely. Subtle harmonies. Drums sound awesome without overwhelming anything.

Fun listen.

Thanks very much, David!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The Traveller - 03/11/18 01:51 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude

Great!

J&B

Thanks, Bud!

It's never finished...only abandoned at some point smile
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/11/18 08:34 PM
Originally Posted By: LPman
Hi BlueAttitude,
The song feels right, spaces to hear and think, and feel an artist is important. Good production. l like your work! Gives life meaning

Thanks LPman!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/12/18 06:27 AM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Dave / Chris,

Wow! Outstanding! Another tremendous song and performance. Killer solo Dave!

Loved it!

Bob

Thanks very much, Bob! smile
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/12/18 06:35 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude

Thanks, Bud!

It's never finished...only abandoned at some point smile

Yes, you are right about that!

I uploaded my final attempt yesterday. Ended up switching out the drum set, this one sits in the mix better. And changed the panning on the acoustic and a couple other small changes. Time to move on I think smile
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: The Traveller - 03/16/18 03:33 PM
Great stuff guys!! As Tom said, killer guitar! And nice vocals from Chris! Love them minor blues!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: The Traveller - 03/18/18 01:38 AM
Another excellent tune from you folks! I really liked what you did with the drums on this and as usual the guitar is as good as it gets! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/18/18 10:47 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Great stuff guys!! As Tom said, killer guitar! And nice vocals from Chris! Love them minor blues!! Take care. Greg

Thanks for the listen and comment, Greg!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 03/18/18 10:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Another excellent tune from you folks! I really liked what you did with the drums on this and as usual the guitar is as good as it gets! Thanks, Torrey

I appreciate that, Torrey, thanks!
Posted By: Jim Re: The Traveller - 04/28/18 02:08 PM
Nicely written well produced number... I really love your guitars... as well as the vocals & lyrics by Chris... kudos to both of you!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Traveller - 04/29/18 07:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim
Nicely written well produced number... I really love your guitars... as well as the vocals & lyrics by Chris... kudos to both of you!

Been a long time since anyone gave this one a listen! Thanks for the comments, Jim, I'm happy you liked it smile
Posted By: Noel96 Re: The Traveller - 04/29/18 09:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C

Dave and Chris,

I agree with all of the fine comments you've received. Every one of them is well earned.

After reading through them all, Scott pretty much said exactly what was on my mind after listening to the song. Your work truly is awesome these days and your sound sparkles with pizzazz!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: DANMADA Re: The Traveller - 08/28/21 12:43 PM
Très beau morceau !
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: The Traveller - 08/28/21 04:23 PM
Haunting sound you captured. Nice doubling of vocals. That electric guitar work is out of this world good. I hope this song is playing as I drive into New York City on of foggy night around 3:00 a. m.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: The Traveller - 08/28/21 04:48 PM

Awesome David, Christine and Co.

This sounds great!!

smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Traveller - 08/28/21 05:21 PM
I almost missed this masterpiece! Everything has already been said so all I can add is excellent drums, guitar, vocal, and mix.

This is your best to date and should be on the radio!
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: The Traveller - 08/29/21 12:57 PM
I aint been around lately, just catching up on some good songs.

You guys keep making great music.

I like the driving rhythm, it supports the story line.
Guitar work is as good as ever and I particularly like the vocal doubling on this.

well done

moto
© PG Music Forums